Officially licensed 1:1 "Real" 1966 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's interesting that they have a license from Time Warner/DC. I always wonder how that works with Batman TV stuff since Fox has rights to the show as well as Time Warner. It's hard to figure how licensing works for merchandise but the show itself still can't be released on video. Funny stuff. Maybe Dave knows the answer.
I think James Desimone who is a well known GI Joe and 1/6th collector has one of these babies. They seem to be a good bit more expensive than they were 20 years ago, but what isn't? They also seem to be improved as far as the detail goes, and I think they used to use a GM full size platform instead of the Ford. If I had a 150 G's I didn't know what to do with, I might buy one. I'd never drive it, but I'd admire it in the garage. It's just very cool, in a very geeky way.

Is that thing road legal?

I remember some people built a 89 car in the UK and it was on the news. They said because it had no wing mirrors or indicators it wasn't road legal and then showed them driving it at 10 miles an hour down a dirt path in some field. It was really depressing.

I love to have one. I'd drive it everywhere.

Of course i'd swap in a 454 LSX engine into it. . .

very cool.

hopefully in 50 years I will have the following cars in my garage:

-1989 Batmobile
-Ecto 1
-Back to the Future DeLorean
-1958 Plymouth Fury "CHRISTINE"

i love the photoshopped flame in that one pic :lol

Not 'shopped...

It's kind of funny-you tell people that the car's going to shoot flame and they think it's going to be maybe 4 or 5 inches. Then: the reaction when we actually trigger the thing, and WHOOOSH!

Disclaimer: this is my husband's company. Yes, we do build 1:1 Batmobiles. Yes, they are awesome. :D And yes, as of last week, DC has granted permission for our operation to be 'official'-meaning, among other things, we don't have to call them 'Modified Futuras' or some such anymore, and we don't have to wonder when the man with the 'Cease and Desist' order is going to come knocking.
(And he's not considering a 1:6 version. Believe me, I've tried.)

What other car in the world would you want to get for that money that wasn't this one?:rotfl

This one ! :yess:

6e9ff1be-adb2-4aae-bad2-f1fc.jpg

Try

www.batmobilebuilders.com

www.1989batmobilekit.com

"Chickslovethecar.com"

or might add this

a2a33780-e568-4c80-a6ee-9286.jpg

Funny thing is, the only thing DC owns about the car is the name. Barris was very smart when he was negotiating with the producers. Essentially, he rented them the car. He still owns it and all rights to it. There was a time when, if he was getting a little short on cash, he'd whip up a repro and auction it off-instant cash! Gotta admire that kind of foresight. As to these babies...anybody got 150,000$ they can lend me? I'm good for it...PS

My friend Brian is bringing the 1989 1:1 Batmobile kit back from California with him next week. Work begins henceforth. :rock

Back