Official X-Files 2 Movie Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some friends went to a showing last night with free tickets from our local radio morning show and they were super stoked to see it and then told me it was about as good as a regular episode. So if that swings it one way or another for some people....

Either way, I already have tickets to the 5:10 showing tonight!! I love X-Files!!!

Some friends went to a showing last night with free tickets from our local radio morning show and they were super stoked to see it and then told me it was about as good as a regular episode. So if that swings it one way or another for some people....

Either way, I already have tickets to the 5:10 showing tonight!! I love X-Files!!!

I just got back...your buddies were right!:D

Without spoiling anything, I think it was a weak x-file for a movie, but nontheless I enjoyed seeing Mulder and Scully again. No one who is not already a fan will be converted. It was a mediocre episode but I'll take what I can get. Ona scale of 1 to 11 I give it a B+!:banana

Went this afternoon.

This was a good story for an episode of the show, but didn't quite have the oomph I'd hope for as a movie.

To be fair, I think if this movie had been released shortly after the series ended, I think it would have been fine. My only anticipation for this movie was finally another adventure of Mulder and Scully, and it was a fun movie, but for their first adventure back after so long, it felt like there wasn't as much substance as there could have been, and it felt a little un X-Files in its pace and style until like the last half hour, that felt hardcore X-Files season 1.

If you like the X-File, you'll enjoy this movie, but if you're hoping for something really spectacular to make up for all the years off air, I don't think this quite delivers.

Went this afternoon.

This was a good story for an episode of the show, but didn't quite have the oomph I'd hope for as a movie.

To be fair, I think if this movie had been released shortly after the series ended, I think it would have been fine. My only anticipation for this movie was finally another adventure of Mulder and Scully, and it was a fun movie, but for their first adventure back after so long, it felt like there wasn't as much substance as there could have been, and it felt a little un X-Files in its pace and style until like the last half hour, that felt hardcore X-Files season 1.

If you like the X-File, you'll enjoy this movie, but if you're hoping for something really spectacular to make up for all the years off air, I don't think this quite delivers.

I should being seeing it this weekend hopefully. Like most are saying, I'm just excited to see Mulder and Scully back together after so long. Man, I miss that show. Thank you Fox for releasing the box sets.

While a decent enough episode of Star Trek, Insurrection lacked the epic scope that one would expect from a 'movie.'

While a decent enough episode of Star Trek, Insurrection lacked the epic scope that one would expect from a 'movie.'

Gotcha, ya I'd say that's true then. Hard to say though, there's definitely an emotional influence from the fact we haven't seen a Mulder and Scully adventure in years, which is why I said if this had shortly followed the finale, I might think differently of it. Of the two X movie, I'd say Fight the Future was the better.

I didn't mind the small scope...I thought it was reasonable for a case that would get Mulder back into action. I just thought the villain's whole plan was pretty muddled and the resolution is not very satisfying. I enjoyed all the character stuff w/ Mulder & Scully, and the stuff between Scully and Billy Connelly.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Re: your spoiler - I didn't mind that as much as -

Spoiler Spoiler:

Re: your spoiler - I didn't mind that as much as -

Spoiler Spoiler:

I guess I missed something in the movie.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I guess I missed something in the movie.

Spoiler Spoiler:

You may be right. I might have misunderstood what was actually being discussed in the movie. They were whispering an awful lot.:D

Just saw this flick tonight and I have to agree with most of the sentiments of others. Basically I enjoyed the entire movie other than the case itself. The character development picked up nicely and it was a believable continuation point. To keep this spoiler free I'll get more specific here:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Just saw this flick tonight and I have to agree with most of the sentiments of others. Basically I enjoyed the entire movie other than the case itself. The character development picked up nicely and it was a believable continuation point. To keep this spoiler free I'll get more specific here:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I agree with pretty much everything you said. And thanks for clearing up the detail about the baby.

Damn, oh well, I'll catch it on DVD, wasn't expecting credit clips in an X-Files movie. A few movies do it now they all do, typical.

This movie never had a chance. It was greenlighted as an emergency "writer's strike" script so that they could have something to roll cameras on just in case. The ad campaign told you nothing (in a bad way) and the bad taste some people had left in their mouths from the last few seasons seems to have only gotten worse with time. It's kind of a miracle it happened at all. Oh, well.... :)

Back