Official X-Files 2 Movie Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a huge X-Files Fan and I was physched when this came out. Went to watch it in the theater and, I wasn't too dissapointed. I thought this would have been better in an episode in a new season rather than a movie, it had that episode quality. So for a movie it didn't work, no way did it match up to the first movie. Still liked it but as I said episode quality not movie....

I enjoyed this movie quite a bit, particularly the whole Faith vs Science theme. It was a bit heavy-handed, yes, particularly when juxtaposed with Mulder and Scully's relationship. But it worked.

I've been watching some of the making of things. Granted I haven't seen anything for Fight the Future, but the talk from Carter and Spotniz really strikes me like they walked into this movie with the simple idea of telling another X-Files story and that part of it had even been conceived back during the final season of the show. It really seems it was approached more as telling a story and not shaping the storytelling in a more theatrical manner. As a story, it seems like a good X-Files tale to me, and I hope there's more, not sure what it would be, but I need some sort of satisfying conclusion to Mulder and Scully's story before I can be happy if another movie/show isn't made.

As a story, it seems like a good X-Files tale to me, and I hope there's more, not sure what it would be, but I need some sort of satisfying conclusion to Mulder and Scully's story before I can be happy if another movie/show isn't made.

How would you end their story? Do you mean the aliens or their personal relationship? Because it seems to me they make a conscious choice to walk out at the end and finally start living the same life the rest of us do, happy and together, both having finally purged their demons.

I'm not sure how I'd end it, I just know the right ending makes me feel like there's no room to learn more about what goes on with them. That's what annoyed me most with the TV finale, it didn't wrap it up, it just opened more questions and begged to know what goes on with them after. The right ending is one that leaves me with little to no curiousity about Mulder and Scully post story.

Back