Official X-Files 2 Movie Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds like this is going to be pretty much a stand alone story, with very little connecting links to the mythology of the series.

It is stand-alone. And it's a monster movie. They also filmed it in the Vancouver area. The whole thing should have a vibe and look very similar to the first two seasons of the show. :rock :rock :rock

Well, I trust the writers, X-Files is their baby, it's not like it's in new hands, so I'm sure whatever ties it doesn't have, the ones it does will make it feel like true X-Files. Sounds like it'll be more like the stand alone episodes of the series.

Bottom line, we're finally getting more X-Files, which is great, I was so torn up when the show went off the air, though it was less painful with Duchovny not being heavily involved in the last few seasons. While Doggett and Reyes were enjoyable, for me, The X-Files is Fox Mulder and Dana Scully, period, can't be it's best without them. I was so excited the episode when Mulder came back to life, I was on the edge of my seat the whole episode up until the moment when he wakes up.

I almost prefer the idea of actually setting the film during the first half of the series VS. the idea of just picking things up like nothing ever happened. I know the average audience member will just remember Mulder and Scully as two FBI agents who investigate weird stuff, but it's a shame that the fans of the show are going to be given so little in the way of continuity with the established mythology of the show and the implications of how the series ended.

Well, I'm sure $$$ is a heavy determining factor of where to go with the movie. Not tying it directly to the series allows them to do a story that's both rewarding for the devoted fans and appealing for newbies, just like was their approach with the first film. Get more people to go to see this, it boosts their box office sales as well as can boost DVD sales and re-run ratings on TV.

It is surprising though, with so much time passing since the show went off, and finally getting back to it, that they didn't opt to keep it going. You would think they'd really want to continue to explore it. Doing this film as years after the finale cancels out the idea that they wanted to preserve the vagueness of Mulder and Scully's future as established by the finale, because now we'll know about that.

Like I said, should still be fun to see more X.

I figure quite a few people who saw the X-files movie had never seen the TV show. It would make more sense to just follow the story from the original movie.

I figure quite a few people who saw the X-files movie had never seen the TV show. It would make more sense to just follow the story from the original movie.

I was one of those people. First time I was exposed to the X-Files was the movie. For awhile, the commercials on FOX made it look like a weird show to me so I never gave it a try, but the movie looked cool and a friend of mine saw it and told me I could enjoy it knowing nothing about the show, and I did, and it made me want to watch the show and turned me into a fan. So gearing the movies to the unknowing crowd can expand the fan base, even though it's not as satisfying to the fan base as answering more of their questions.

I watched the original movie before I ever started watching the TV show. I hated it. After Sideshow announced Mulder and Scully, I started to watch the show, and loved it. I then rewatched the movie and liked it the second time around.

So I guess a monster of the week type of movie would do better than the Alien mythology that only makes sense to the TV show viewers.

Have you seen the pictures? Anderson and Duchovny look great but they could NOT pass for their 90's selves. I'm glad this is in the present day and I'm sure they'll catch us up (in a avgue sneaky way) with some dialogue.

Seems more fan made because of how little is actually in it, but I agree it looks nice, simplicity actually works well in it, but that fact makes me think it's not an official Hollywood poster.

I don't know, if you see the trailer in the Other section and how sparse it is, this really rings true. And it is the X-Files style, Mulder, Scully, and the X. If it isn't the official teaser poster they need to make it the teaser poster.

The star backdrop makes me think fan made though, based on the premise of the film, I don't think it has anything to do with space and the blend of the stars to the X section doesn't seem as subtle as I'd imagine the marketing group would be with an official poster.

The star backdrop makes me think fan made though, based on the premise of the film, I don't think it has anything to do with space and the blend of the stars to the X section doesn't seem as subtle as I'd imagine the marketing group would be with an official poster.

That is official... look down in the lower right corner and the logo and official web site are there. Go to www.xfiles.com to see the image.

Edit: I don't know if that is an "official" poster, but the image is from the movie site...

Back