Official Transformer Movie Review Thread!!! - Spoiler Free until July 4th!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chavez553 said:
Next time try breakfest,lunch and dinner it works better.:chew

:rotfl Well it's almost lunchtime here...Where you at punk?:rotfl

And Bonecrusher vs. Prime was my favorite seen from the movie but I'm with grangewallis, I would have liked to seen Prime be a bit more of a physical threat to Megatron.

SPOILER

DO NOT READ BELOW UNTIL YOU SEE IT:

My favorite part of the movie:

STARSCREAM TAKING OUT THE OTHER JETS!!!!!!!! HOLY S*IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Gruson said:
SPOILER

DO NOT READ BELOW UNTIL YOU SEE IT:

My favorite part of the movie:

STARSCREAM TAKING OUT THE OTHER JETS!!!!!!!! HOLY S*IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Continuing spoilers...

One of my favorites: When the autobots realize it's Starscream instead of a friendly jet, and they pick up the truck and try to shield everyone. And Bumblebee gets hurt :( Then you KNOW it's for real and the $#!t is about to hit the fan, big-time.

OH, and I really like that shot of the slow-mo Ironhide diving over that woman who's screaming. Total Michael Bay, but so cool. And also when Prime and Bonecrusher fall off the bridge in front of the SUV and the kid's like, "Mom, that's so cool!" :lol

Also, the scene of the Autobots hiding in the backyard, which I thought was slightly ridiculous the first time I saw it, really grew on me, and I now think it's one of the more important scenes establishing the characters of the 'bots.

SideshowDusty said:
Continuing spoilers...

One of my favorites: When the autobots realize it's Starscream instead of a friendly jet, and they pick up the truck and try to shield everyone. And Bumblebee gets hurt :( Then you KNOW it's for real and the $#!t is about to hit the fan, big-time.

OH, and I really like that shot of the slow-mo Ironhide diving over that woman who's screaming. Total Michael Bay, but so cool. And also when Prime and Bonecrusher fall off the bridge in front of the SUV and the kid's like, "Mom, that's so cool!" :lol

Also, the scene of the Autobots hiding in the backyard, which I thought was slightly ridiculous the first time I saw it, really grew on me, and I now think it's one of the more important scenes establishing the characters of the 'bots.
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl it sounds like you liked the entire movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!****yeah!!!!!!!!:rock:rock:rock:rock

Prime's intro was also great. :)

A lot of classic scenes in this one.

GO AND SEE IT!

can we leave this thread spoiler free till the title states, July 4th please.

Why would anyone read this thread if you have not seen it.

Come on!

:)

Hey, I respect all that guys. I think everyone's just very excited, as you will be I am certain.

I have to admit, I went into this thinking, OK, I'll be nice. I'll show support. It will no doubt be a fun movie, and I will enjoy it.

What's happened though, that I have to express, is the dire need to go see it again! I can't get it out of my head! That hasn't happened to me in a long time. That unbearable feeling of compulsion to go see a movie, even though you have other things to do. A pull...

This is a very good movie. For once, a really, fun, good movie. I am so grateful for that. And, I have never been a Michael Bay fan in any way. But, I agree with something I saw Spielberg say about him, "God created him to make this movie". His style is perfect for this kind of film. You cannot go over the top more than this type of subject, and a Michael Bay is just right for it.

I hate some of you true fans having to wait. I sympathize. I would have traded out with any of you that haven't been able to see it yet, in a heartbeat....so I will respect your non-spoiler wishes. But, once you have seen it, all bets are off! So are the kid gloves! This flick's too darned cool! It must be discussed!

I can't believe I am so excited by it! This is great! Is this what it feels like to be a Transformers fan? If so, I have truly missed out. Oh well, better late than never! :D

I continue the bunny dance rating revue!

:bunnydanc :bunnydanc :bunnydanc :bunnydanc :bunnydanc

figuremasterles said:
Hey, I respect all that guys. I think everyone's just very excited, as you will be I am certain.

I have to admit, I went into this thinking, OK, I'll be nice. I'll show support. It will no doubt be a fun movie, and I will enjoy it.

What's happened though, that I have to express, is the dire need to go see it again! I can't get it out of my head! That hasn't happened to me in a long time. That unbearable feeling of compulsion to go see a movie, even though you have other things to do. A pull...

This is a very good movie. For once, a really, fun, good movie. I am so grateful for that. And, I have never been a Michael Bay fan in any way. But, I agree with something I saw Spielberg say about him, "God created him to make this movie". His style is perfect for this kind of film. You cannot go over the top more than this type of subject, and a Michael Bay is just right for it.

I hate some of you true fans having to wait. I sympathize. I would have traded out with any of you that haven't been able to see it yet, in a heartbeat....so I will respect your non-spoiler wishes. But, once you have seen it, all bets are off! So are the kid gloves! This flick's too darned cool! It must be discussed!

I can't believe I am so excited by it! This is great! Is this what it feels like to be a Transformers fan? If so, I have truly missed out. Oh well, better late than never! :D

I continue the bunny dance rating revue!

:bunnydanc :bunnydanc :bunnydanc :bunnydanc :bunnydanc
It absolutely KILLED me last night knowing that many of you were seeing this and I had to wait 'til tonight, I mean this is the movie I've been waiting for since I was a kid!! I too felt that absolute NEED to go see it last night, but all the people that I wanted to go with work today and I would've wound up alone.

Thank you for your kind words brother and I'm glad that you enjoyed this kick ass flick!! I'll be seeing it tonight (1st Time) and tomorrow!!! :rock

OOPS, my bad, guys! I thought we were just holding off on spoilers until it had been released 'State side' - which was last night :eek:

Then Gruson got me all started on the favorite scenes thing :lol

Sorry about that :duff

SideshowDusty said:
OOPS, my bad, guys! I thought we were just holding off on spoilers until it had been released 'State side' - which was last night :eek:

Then Gruson got me all started on the favorite scenes thing :lol

Sorry about that :duff
I expected better from you Dusty!! :tap J/K :D

It's cool, I was just expecting to see more of people saying how cool it was and how they want to see it again and I start seeing key story moment! I was like, ARGH!! Must avert my eyes!!! :lol But like Les said come tomorrow, "the kid gloves are off!!! :rock

whoever hasnt seen it yet sucks. that's all i have to say about it.

nash said:
whoever hasnt seen it yet sucks. that's all i have to say about it.
But what if the reason is that we're waiting to see it with our cool 4 & 7 year old kids on July 4th? :monkey5

IrishJedi said:
But what if the reason is that we're waiting to see it with our cool 4 & 7 year old kids on July 4th? :monkey5

you should be a good parent and go "scout" the movie ahead of time so you can check it for any inappropriate material. :cool::monkey5

Well I just got home from seeing it for the second time and I have to admit that I enjoyed it a lot better the second time. The theater wasn't as packed and the crowd wasn't laughing at some of the lame plot lines (not the jokes mind you) like late last night which I think kind of ruined the first showing for me.

Still not a perfect movie but it was a heck of a ride. I have plenty of issues with it and with the final battle that I won't get into right now to keep this spoiler free but I hope that when the movie is released it is a directors cut and fills in a little of the holes in the story.

I loved it, and everyone else in the theater seemed to as well. The cgi on the Bots and Cons was amazing! There wasn't a single moment when they didn't look absolutely real. The camp humor was played perfectly with the exception of John Tururro (he was just awful, by far the worst part of the movie) and some rather off putting sterotypical humor with black characters. Fantastic action scenes and plenty of fanboy nods. I'm already getting excited for the inevitable sequel because this movie is gonna make a ton of money.

Ironhide " Sorry Prime, I just wanted to show of my Canons!" That got the whole cinema laughing!!! Can't wait to see this movie again!

And Dusty I agree with you... Starscream and the Jets scene was awesome!, I believe I was jumping up and down in my seat at that point... Also the Sam run for the building and we'll cover yu scene was awesome! Love those selfless Autobots!

PS: I liked Prime's mouth... The whole Battle face thing is cool...!

Back