Official Transformer Movie Review Thread!!! - Spoiler Free until July 4th!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We better get some statues of these guys, because with the way their armor is, I dont think figures are going to cut it.

BEST MOVIE OF 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BETTER THAN SPIDERMAN 3, PIRATES, 300 AND ALL THE OTHER CRAP THAT HAS COME OUT THIS YEAR!!!!

IMHO this movie kick all kinds of ass!!!

Got chills in to many moments to remember.

The comedy was perfect, action amazing, and Prime.......OH MY GOD, was Prime the **** or what!!!

Scripted perfectly!!! I MEAN PERFECT!!!

Everyword that came out of Prime mouth(which was cool looking after all) was so Prime!!!!

I cant say enough about this movie.

I'm going again tomorrow:rock

I got to see it in a HD theater today(DLP I think is what they call it) and it looked amazing, seriously the best movie I have ever SEEN. Meaning I have never been to a DLP theater and it looked amazing!!!!

Anyway, this was one of the best theater experiences of my life!!!!!!

THANK YOU MICHAEL BAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!(never though I would say that)!!!!!

Oh and Shia Lebouf(spelling) was great, and Megan Fox is hot ass ****!!!!!

i'd say it's pretty unanimous....this movie kicks a$$!

i'll see it tomorrow and can't freakin' wait!

King Darkness said:

BETTER THAN SPIDERMAN 3, PIRATES, 300 AND ALL THE OTHER CRAP THAT HAS COME OUT THIS YEAR!!!!

The comedy was perfect, action amazing, and Prime.......OH MY GOD, was Prime the **** or what!!!

Everyword that came out of Prime mouth(which was cool looking after all) was so Prime!!!!

I got to see it in a HD theater today(DLP I think is what they call it) and it looked amazing, seriously the best movie I have ever SEEN. Meaning I have never been to a DLP theater and it looked amazing!!!!

:rock:rock:rock

Favorite part was Prime getting medieval with his energon sword!!!!

That was ****ing sick!!!

The Kurgan would be proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The gloves come off!!!

I am so PROUD to be a Transformers fan right now, this movie ROCKED, plain and simple! :rock

I loved it from beginning to end and had chills running all throughout my body the whole time. All of the elements, (Human, Robot, Action & Comedy) blended perfectly. Optimus was the hero I've always admired, Bumblebee was a true soldier and Ironhide, Jazz and Ratchet were all true to character. Megatron was a beast, Starscream a coward, I would've like to have seen more interaction between the two, but future movies I'm sure will take care of that, the rest of the Decepticons were brutal but got stomped by the Autobots and soldiers. Shia was great, Megan Fox GORGEOUS and the rest of the cast nailed their parts! :clap

I damn near cried when I saw Optimus Prime transform and heard Peter Cullen's voice come out. I felt like I was 8 years old again watching this, I found myself all tensed up with mouth wide open in awe. I don't think there was one moment when I felt disappointment throughout.

My brother and I were talking on the way home and I told him (just like Chase said) that Transformers is better than Spider-Man 3, Pirates 3 and FF2, no Bull! I must see it at least one more time and I can't wait to own it on Blu-Ray or DVD.

"I told you my movie would rock!":D

DSC00301.jpg

Last edited:
Yup.
I underestimated the movie at first, but DAYUM! I'm speechless! WOW!

Must have DVD! :monkey5

King Darkness said:

I couldn't agree more, and I too saw it in a digital theater and holy **** was I blown away by the picture and sound, can't imagine seeing it with less, and Megan Fox is a find piece of arse too. Like I said, I had reservations about the new Optimus Prime design because of him always being my childhood favorite and being attached to the classic design, but once you see him in action in the film, he just rocks, and having the original voice actor to do his dialogue was critical and a very wise choice.

In response to that posted critic from AICN (No disrespects Dek):

For your information...
I have a BFA Degree in Video. I have studied FILM since I was 12 years old, astutely since I worked in a Video Store in 1982 at age 21. And seriously, student-wise, since. I studied the art of Film Narrative and all that high end hogwash, and have seen more movies that most people can. You had to at the Video Store, "Is this movie good?". You know....you had to see them all....
Worked there off and on from 1982 to 1996. College in between and so on and so forth. I have seen and own silent films from Sergei Eisenstien, and have studied his and many other filmmaker's editing, style and cinematic sensibilities. I have seen almost every major horror film since the notion was created, INCLUDING what exists of Mr. Edison's first ever Frankenstein. So, I have seen all the movements in the history of Film. Studied them. Acutely.
I can talk the Movie Smack!
Hell, I have sat through all of Eisenstein's Ivan the Terrible set, and that is no easy task!
Seen Foriegn, Domestic, Comedy, Drama, Chick Flick, Action, YOU NAME IT!

Point being, I have seen plenty. SO, I don't need some uppity critics at some site, telling me that what I saw, and enjoyed, makes me dumb, or immature, or some less-than-intelligent sloth, incapable of seeing a movie for what it is.

I know that TRANSFORMERS cannot be a "highbrow" viewing experience. NOR, would I want it to be. Hell, I am a HARD CORE Godzilla fan. Have EVERY one of those, good and bad, and know the difference.

So, what has all this bloated explanation have to do with TRANSFORMERS?

All this to say, I can see for myself, and have, that it is FUN!
Some movies, are just , plain FUN!

I have said that I cannot speak for the Transformers fans out there, no way. Not my era or generation. BUT, I know a fun movie when I see one. And this was a LOT moreso than anything I have seen this year. BAR NONE!
I really did enjoy Live Free or Die Hard. That one was really good. Pirates stank. Why, because they got too carried away with themselves. Same with Spiderman 3.

This movie however, just took me and led me through a fun ride, and I was glad to be there. No pretense, no plan, just a bunch of giant robots rocking! How....in hell....can that....be taken seriously?!?!??!?!?
By anyone???
Ergo....IT IS FUN!
JUST ENJOY IT!

Besides, there is no perfect movie. JAWS is close! (Sorry, self indulgent moment there! :D I know, my beloved Bruce the shark was really bad...but I love him anyway...and always will! :rock )

But see, plot holes aside, and TRANSFORMERS has many! God knows! I could attack it if I wanted to...but, if I did, then some VERY cool imagery would have escaped my eyes, and I wouldn't have had this major "WHOAH!" reaction.
So, why bother? Did you guys see Megatron come through that floor after dude?!?!?! I mean, he was being chased, personally, floor by floor, by a MEAN giant robot!
That's CINEMA!

I will not compare. Nor will I waste any more time defending, a giant robot movie. IT SPEAKS FOR ITSELF. Beauty, is in the eye of the beholder! And, I am, this go round, with those that see the beauty in that moment, when Optimus Prime rose up, and that little girl said, "Are you the Tooth Fairy?", and we all collectively shed a tear.

Nice. I liked that.

And I am not even a Transformers fan.

I hope this movie makes more money than God! Titanic! Whatever! Just go have fun!
It' just a silly movie. And I liked it! ALOT!

:chew :bunnydanc :chew

figuremasterles said:
Besides, there is no perfect movie. JAWS is close! (Sorry, self indulgent moment there! :D I know, my beloved Bruce the shark was really bad...but I love him anyway...and always will! :rock )

Just had to comment on this as it is one of my all time favorite films. Whatever flaws Bruce had, I still to this day consider it more believable than half the CGI out there, one of Hollywood's all time best robotic creatures and classic if you ask me.

As for Transformers, you really hit the core of it Les. Transformers is not a film to make a viewer go "oh did you see how he framed that shot" or "did you see the acting there". This film is a video rollercoaster where you strap yourself in and from moment one, you just enjoy it for the fun ride it is, the thrills, the excitement, and for many, nostalgia of childhood. Some movies are made to be works of art, and they win Oscars, others are made simply to give the audience a good time, those are the films that make the big blockbuster money (Titanic being one of the exceptions). Transformers is the kinda movie Hollywood hasn't seen much of lately with all the remakes and what not. Granted this movie is based of pre-existing material, like most movies nowadays, but it still delivers pure escapism, fun, and thrills that make going to the movies fun. Nothing more successful to a movie in my mind than when it engages a theater full of people and draws out laughs, cheers and an excitement that fills the room, and when I sat in that theater yesterday, everyone young and old got taken for a fun ride and loved every minute of it, success in my eyes.

Re: The gloves come off!!!

The ill Jedi said:
! :clap

I damn near cried when I saw Optimus Prime transform and heard Peter Cullen's voice come out. I felt like I was 8 years old again watching this, I found myself all tensed up with mouth wide open in awe. I don't think there was one moment when I felt disappointment throughout.
:rock :rock :rock :rock

Same here, my wife laughed at me, but it was in awe!

I'm going again today, I just cant believe how good this movie was!!!

Looks like it made about 9 million domestic for the first day of playing (that would be the 8:00-midnight showings on the 2nd) and about 45 million worldwide so far according to boxofficemojo. That's pretty darn good.

I can't wait to see this movie again

Just downloaded it. I'll check it out.

Can't stand the Prime design. Flames? Gay. Bumblebee, ugh. Megatron? That's Megatron? Where's Frank Welker's voice?

Wish it had been closer to the original design. I remember as a kid I thought it would be cool to do a live-action movie where the toys are all giant-sized. Just isn't quite the same.

My friend pleaded with me to go see it in the theater. I am trying to be Optimistic. :D

I think it was worth seeing and in retrospect I wish that I had gone ahead and brought my son. I think he would have liked it and wouldn't have been scared at all.

But if I were to compare this to a roller coaster, it would be one of those roller coasters where you slowly climb up and gain altitude for what seems like forever before finally going over the edge and picking up momentum. I was getting impatient waiting for the robots to get on the screen and do their stuff. Seriously--was it like an hour or so before the autobots finally arrived on Earth?

And Michael Bay thinks that black people are funny!!!

King Darkness said:
Favorite part was Prime getting medieval with his energon sword!!!!

That was ****ing sick!!!

The Kurgan would be proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That was my favorite part too. ****ing awesome!!!:rock:rock:rock

Back