OFFICIAL Toy Fair Lord of the Rings Teaser up, starting NOW!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think the teaser will feature?

• Total voters
Its gonna have to be something special to get me to bite. Right now I have zero LOTR items on order.

I'm with Josh on this one. But really, if it isn't a PF, it's a pass for me, even if it is something Treebeard-related. I don't collect the dios and while an LSB would be fitting, I don't know if Sideshow would "redo" the WETA bust.

I wished Sideshow would have just unveiled the teaser on Sunday. I find these types of announcements to be rather anticlimactic.

I hope it really isn't a TB LSB. Knowing SS, they would probably copy the sculpt of the SS/W bust.

That makes absolutely no sense. That's never happened.

I don't think the picture has changed at all - I think they're just messing with us.

That makes absolutely no sense. That's never happened.

I don't think the picture has changed at all - I think they're just messing with us.

Not an exact replica of the weta sculpt, but simular.

7210_press02-001.jpg

2870830808_b7197130d7.jpg

I was joking more than anything. Guess I should have stuck a smiley after that sentence.

You implied that SS reuses old sculpts. Thats what Dave was referring to and clearly those two are not the same sculpt.

You implied that SS reuses old sculpts. Thats what Dave was referring to and clearly those two are not the same sculpt.

Not the same sculpt, but very simular. Out of all the facial features of a MO head they did give it a very simular look of the weta bust. I wouldn't doubt thats where the concept for the PF head came from. 1 example: Look at the placement of the 3 mole bumps on the right side.

I was jokingly saying I hope they don't go that route if they made a TB LSB.

Not the same sculpt, but very simular. Out of all the facial features of a MO head they did give it a very simular look of the weta bust. I wouldn't doubt thats where the concept for the PF head came from. 1 example: Look at the 3 mole bumps on the right side

I agree with you there Ktjn it is almost a copy of that Orc head very very similar, not that I mind I have both and they are great pieces but the Treebeard SSW Bust is really excellent and I would rather SS didn't waste time and the opportunity for something completely different by doing an LSB Treebeard, HOWEVER I would still wet myself to see it and would probably end up buying it as well :monkey2 Whats the point in resisting, we're all doomed to buy in the end!! :rotfl

Anyone figure out the scramble thing yet? I am giving up looking at it, the novelty has worn off it for me I'm bored SS so show me the goods NOW!!!:cool:
I still think its an ENT Dio though.

I am not sure that if SS was to make a Treebeard LSB it could look all that much different from the Weta one. :dunno

I'm so happy that lots of people are mentioning a Treebeard diorama!! The idea only popped into my head a week or two ago as one i'd really love to have. An entmoot piece would be cool, but i'd like it to be Treebeard with Merry and Pippin, maybe fighting at Isengard. I remember in their last LOTR diorama poll they said Treebeard with Merry and Pippin. Can't remember what position it finished in though, only that Gandy vs the rog won, but it should have been Tom Bombadil singing...
I think i can make out branches...

Imagine how cool it would be: Merry and Pippin in the branches throwing rocks and TB having just smashed an Orc under his foot. It could be very cool.

I think its Merry and Pippen jumping on Frodo in his bed and Sam watching with that creepy smile of his. :naughty

The tree stuff could relate to elves, and I am holding out hope for a PF, so maybe it'll be Legolas. How would people feel about a Treebeard PF? Sure it wouldn't be in 1/4 scale, but the full figure of Treebeard would be cool in a 24 inch size.

The tree stuff could relate to elves, and I am holding out hope for a PF, so maybe it'll be Legolas. How would people feel about a Treebeard PF? Sure it wouldn't be in 1/4 scale, but the full figure of Treebeard would be cool in a 24 inch size.

A two foot treebeard? Now that would be a sight to behold!

Back