Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yah, Rachel dies. No doubt about it.
Here are the reasons:
1- Something needs to set Batman off.
2- We need to see how really sick the Joker is, and have something always there between the two of them for all time.
3- with Harvey seeing her now, that sets off Harvey, as I am sure he will blame Batman for all time for this, again, a catalyst for hate between those two that won't fade.
4- Dawes must go so future women, Selina Kyle for one, can fill the slot.
5- This is an adult film, not a kiddie show. Must have stronger dramatic resolutions.
6- Because the fans demand it. Too bad it isn't Cruise's chick this go round, but that would have brought applause. No need for that. We are supposed to hate that she dies...
7- Why not!
Besides, this never been done before thing must be reversed!

I always thought Rachel would bite the dust in this one. The question I have is whether Joker dies...my gut tells me yes.

Agreed. I hope it's real. And it definitely fits in with Nolan's "real world" Batman scheme.

Thats "real world"? he'd probably be dead.heh

But if that was a early production or concept shot, and the figure seems different. I wonder what changes have been made?

I always thought Rachel would bite the dust in this one. The question I have is whether Joker dies...my gut tells me yes.

Nah, Joker won't die. Then he would win. He WANTS Batman to kill him. He wants Batman to break his one rule.

Plus Nolan knows how much fans hated when Burton killed off Jack's Joker. He won't make the same mistake.

That'll never happen. Cut out the love interest and you lose the female audience. That's why all of these movies have the same shallow romantic subplot wedged in to them and will continue to.

Wasn't much of one in Iron Man. Yeah you get the idea that Pepper and Tony like eachother, but nothing really happened. Plus Pepper was a stronger female character that didn't play the damsel in distress. She had a little fight in her, which the Joker would have liked... right before he pushed her off a building :lol

Nah, Joker won't die. Then he would win. He WANTS Batman to kill him. He wants Batman to break his one rule.

Plus Nolan knows how much fans hated when Burton killed off Jack's Joker. He won't make the same mistake.

If he doesn't die, he must be written out of the storyline, in jail or something. Just from the previews, no one can follow Ledger on this.

Joker needs to be taken to Arkham Asylum at the end, not killed. Then his presence could linger and be felt in some of the future films without having to actually feature the character again.

If he doesn't die, he must be written out of the storyline, in jail or something. Just from the previews, no one can follow Ledger on this.

Oh I bet someone could. I don't know who, but someone could.

But I think Arkham is the most logical solution for him, or have him escape, but only talked about in the third.

Someone also brought up that he was only signed on for one film, but may have shot scenes needed for the third already. That would be sweet if true!

Also keep in mind that it's pretty apparent than in Nolan's Batman world The Joker is more of an idea than a particular individual (kinda like "V" in V For Vendetta). So it's not out of the realm of possibility for there to be a different Joker at some point (though I would prefer to stick to one).

Yah, Rachel dies. No doubt about it.
Here are the reasons:
1- Something needs to set Batman off.
2- We need to see how really sick the Joker is, and have something always there between the two of them for all time.
3- with Harvey seeing her now, that sets off Harvey, as I am sure he will blame Batman for all time for this, again, a catalyst for hate between those two that won't fade.
4- Dawes must go so future women, Selina Kyle for one, can fill the slot.
5- This is an adult film, not a kiddie show. Must have stronger dramatic resolutions.
6- Because the fans demand it. Too bad it isn't Cruise's chick this go round, but that would have brought applause. No need for that. We are supposed to hate that she dies...
7- Why not!
Besides, this never been done before thing must be reversed!

You forgot another reason why Rachel dies, which is because Aaron Eckhart said so ;)

"The difference between Batman and Two-Face is how far they are willing to go and how they make their point," Eckhart said. "Otherwise, we're talking about vigilante crime-fighting. That's what Batman is all about. He has a strong sense of justice. And Harvey Dent has an extremely strong sense of justice. His fiancée is killed. He's horribly injured. But he is still true to himself. He's a crime fighter, he's not killing good people. He's not a bad guy, not purely."

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/movies/la-ca-echkart-2008may04,0,3210342.story

I can only think of one scenario where the Joker would die and it make sense. Two-Face would kill him. Two-Face willing to do what the Batman couldn't, end the Joker's reign once and for all. It'd be the crossing over point for Two-Face and set him up as the dangerous viligante. Which would of course lead him to want to take Batman out as well for the greater good and then lead him to commit crime in order to flush him out.

Any other scenario would just have Joker removed visually but probably still heavily referenced.

Rachael will die in this one I have no doubts. She is one of those classic characters whose sole purpose is to die and give the hero something to lament and focus on while continuing the good fight.

GOD IN HEAVEN!!!
If this is real!!!!

I am still breathing hard...

See this!!!

TWO FACE!!!!

Speculation around her is that image is an official test image but not the final design, which would make sense, looks far better than any guy at home is going to come up with, plus I don't think a regular shot of Harvey like that is out there to manipulate, but the extreme look of it probably is too much for hte movie, and the transition point is too abrupt I think.

Ummmm.....the pic won't load on my compueter is it safe to say its the one we went ape^^^^ about yesterday? :confused:

Was it ever decided on that it was a fake or legit? Seem a little too outlandish to tie in with Nolan's world but then I've been wrong before

Was it ever decided on that it was a fake or legit? Seem a little too outlandish to tie in with Nolan's world but then I've been wrong before

I think it's safe to say it's probably legit to an extent. I'm sure it was created by the makeup department to present to Nolan. I'm sure there are probably many conceptual designs presented to him. I think too many elements in it seem unrealistic to one another, like a healthy eye and a torn up face, clean white bone but everything else burnt, seems more like someone's extreme vision for Two-Face. I can see the final look being similar to this but maybe not as over the top. I wouldn't mind if it was this, but I have a feeling it won't be quite this extreme. Hard to say, the Nolan universe seems to have one flavor to it, yet the image does go along the lines of what Eckheart has stated in interviews.

Just got a message from a UK buddy that confirms it is real. He says his friend is a CGI guy on the movie, who said that was it. And that it was like "The MUMMY" from the newer Mummy movies, all bones and sinew and burns showing. BAD stuff! SO, I am assuming, based on my friend's comments, that you'd best get used to that image as Two-Face! Looks legit! CGI, but legit!

Back