Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it may very well be real. This is the original post where it was leaked:

"ITEM! Did you catch the side shot of post-accident Harvey Dent in the "Dark Knight" trailer?

Care to see the other side?

NOTE: This image has been removed at the request of Warner Bros. Films.

Seems to fit together quite nicely... Thank you to an anonymous LA source (who wishes to stay that way) with the concept artwork there."

Do movie studios usually ask sites to pull bogus pics?

The first thing I thought of when I saw it was how similar it looked to that leaked picture of the burned up Anakin from ROTS. I think it's real. Although I'm surprised they're going to show his transformation in this movie. I thought they were going to just introduce him in this one, and then have his accident happen in the next one. Maybe things got rushed on his character because of Heath's passing and the need to have another villain ready?

No, they were completely done shooting the Dark Knight and into post production when Heath died. If they saved Two-face for Batman 3, it would have had to be at the begining anyway or else they would be no need for the character since I believe the plan is only to do the three films.

I think it looks great. Definitely the best two-face I've seen. I like him gruesome. The only thing I don't like and what makes me suspect this might be fake is the straight line between the scarred side and the unscarred side.

Agreed. I hope it's real. And it definitely fits in with Nolan's "real world" Batman scheme.

I'm thinking it's legit. And I do think that there will be an explanation as to why the line is so crisp. The burnt flesh looks realistic enough, like necrotic flesh that has not been scrubbed off.... instead it is left hanging on. The eyeball looks a bit yellow and angry, but must have been very lucky to keep it. Realistically, if the burn was bad enough to take the lids and burn away the cheek... the eye would be gone.

BUT, to keep it close to the comics... the eye has to stay. If it were gone, the fans would be saying... "Harvey has both eyes, not one!" :lol

It looks too professional to be a fake, IMO. Not many people can crack out that kind of artistry in a hurry. The level of detail is too great. At least in my opinion.

Hasn't he always had a pretty clear line between the two halves of his face? It seems like the character has always been pretty much split down the middle (literally and figuratively).

Hasn't he always had a pretty clear line between the two halves of his face? It seems like the character has always been pretty much split down the middle (literally and figuratively).

Exactly. I think it was intentional and will be explained in some way. It's supposed to be that way. His unscarred side serves as a constant reminder of what he has lost and will never regain. It's almost as if he would rather be fully scarred than to have to see his old visage staring back at him... I'm very happy they kept it as such.

I think Harvey is all about balance. He can be both evil and good. You never know what he will do or how far he will go either way. He's an enigma and that is why Bruce always has a hard time bringing him down. You cannot hold a pattern to his madness.

Psychologically, I understand him a bit. I'm scarred heavily on my right side. For a few months after my surgery on my neck, I was unable to move that entire side. For a while, I felt like a freak. I hid away from everyone and began to hate myself a bit. It was rough, I almost wanted to wear a mask or something, just to cover it... so I would be spared the reminder of it.

Even now, after regaining movement, I still get angry sometimes when I compare the sides and realize that my face will never be the same. So I can only imagine what kind of mental damage that someone would go through with THAT kind of intense wound on only one side of your face. :monkey4

The REAL Two Face!!!

scarrs2e323.jpg

Last edited:
Exactly. I think it was intentional and will be explained in some way. It's supposed to be that way. His unscarred side serves as a constant reminder of what he has lost and will never regain. It's almost as if he would rather be fully scarred than to have to see his old visage staring back at him... I'm very happy they kept it as such.

I think Harvey is all about balance. He can be both evil and good. You never know what he will do or how far he will go either way. He's an enigma and that is why Bruce always has a hard time bringing him down. You cannot hold a pattern to his madness.

Psychologically, I understand him a bit. I'm scarred heavily on my right side. For a few months after my surgery on my neck, I was unable to move that entire side. For a while, I felt like a freak. I hid away from everyone and began to hate myself a bit. It was rough, I almost wanted to wear a mask or something, just to cover it... so I would be spared the reminder of it.

Even now, after regaining movement, I still get angry sometimes when I compare the sides and realize that my face will never be the same. So I can only imagine what kind of mental damage that someone would go through with THAT kind of intense wound on only one side of your face. :monkey4

The REAL Two Face!!!

scarrs2e323.jpg

Scars are cool.The one you have on your neck is really not that herrific!With time it won't look so redish pinkish and will blend right into you natural pigment.I suggest some Maderma on those scars,it's what I'm using on all mine.Soon you'll look like you seen some action,which chicks dig.

I just had 3 surgeries in the last 4 months,so I know how you feel.The only difference is none them were on my FACE! But I do have 3" scar from stitches I got on my chin when I was a kid.It makes my chin look a little odd,but it's not that noticeble.

I don't have problem with the new the new leaked pic of Harvey,if that's what he's going to look like,then so be it.Looks believable to me.

Thanks man. Yeah, the scars faded a bit and only the distortion remains. Most people don't notice it, except for me. My entire head is asymmetrical now. :lol

But back to spoilers... After watching the trailer a few times, talking with Les about it, and now seeing the official site.... I have a theory. I think that the Joker kills Rachel, tossing her off the building. And maybe Batman wasn't able to save her in time, hence he would be later sitting in his office rethinking his gear and distraught about what happened.

All of this imagery of falling, jumping off skyscrapers, it just leads me to believe that. It would be a shocker, they've never killed off a love interest in a comic film before. And think about it. If the Joker DID throw her off a building, would Batman as he is in Begins be able to catch her? He can glide, but I doubt he could reach terminal velocity in time to catch her. Just a theory though...

Thanks man. Yeah, the scars faded a bit and only the distortion remains. Most people don't notice it, except for me. My entire head is asymmetrical now. :lol

But back to spoilers... After watching the trailer a few times, talking with Les about it, and now seeing the official site.... I have a theory. I think that the Joker kills Rachel, tossing her off the building. And maybe Batman wasn't able to save her in time, hence he would be later sitting in his office rethinking his gear and distraught about what happened.

All of this imagery of falling, jumping off skyscrapers, it just leads me to believe that. It would be a shocker, they've never killed off a love interest in a comic film before. And think about it. If the Joker DID throw her off a building, would Batman as he is in Begins be able to catch her? He can glide, but I doubt he could reach terminal velocity in time to catch her. Just a theory though...

"The Joker kills Rachel" That's a little too over the top don't ya think?
But maybe that's what these movies need.Would call for a far more interesting Dark Night,hence the "Dark Night" title.

Last edited:
"The Joker kills Rachel" That's a little too over the top don't ya think?
But maybe that's what these movies need.

I don't think it's too over the top for Joker. He shot Barbara Gordon through her spine and tried to drive Gordon himself insane, just to prove a point to Batman. That anyone can go crazy after one bad day..

He beat Jason Todd (Robin) to death with a crowbar... a kid. And during the entire thing he just could not stop laughing. The Joker is a twisted bastard, and a mass murderer. It's high time that got translated to film. :rock

They should kill off Rachel and effectively the notion of a love interest for Batman in any future movie. :lecture

I think Josh is definately right on track with Rachel. She's gotta go and Joker is the perfect one to do it Like he said, he is sick and twist, and that just doesn't come through in most mediums outside of the comics.

I hate "love interests" in comic movies. Its like they cant make one with out it. By all means, kill Rachel and the idea of love interests for the new Batman movie, and all comic movies in the future.

Did anyone think that The Joker wouldn't kill off Rachael in this one. I figured it was the natural progression.....make Bats even more dark and brooding because he has lost yet another person to crime kind of thing....

Did anyone think that The Joker wouldn't kill off Rachael in this one. I figured it was the natural progression.....make Bats even more dark and brooding because he has lost yet another person to crime kind of thing....

I always hoped she would die, but I hoped that with MJ and Gwen Stacey too. Obviously the later to didn't happen.

I hate "love interests" in comic movies. Its like they cant make one with out it. By all means, kill Rachel and the idea of love interests for the new Batman movie, and all comic movies in the future.

That'll never happen. Cut out the love interest and you lose the female audience. That's why all of these movies have the same shallow romantic subplot wedged in to them and will continue to.

Well, some comic book heroes actually do have love interests. Superman/Lois and Peter Parker/Gwen Stacy & Mary Jane immediately jump to mind.

But Batman is different. I've read hundreds of Batman comics and the amount of times a love interest was involved? Completely negligible.

This is a Hollywood crutch.

That'll never happen. Cut out the love interest and you lose the female audience. That's why all of these movies have the same shallow romantic subplot wedged in to them and will continue to.

I would have to disagree....what is more romantic than a man pining over the lost love of his life? They could kill Rachael without fail. In Batman comics the only regular love interests he has are Selina Kyle and Talia....past that everyone else is just revolving in and out.

Well, some comic book heroes actually do have love interests. Superman/Lois and Peter Parker/Gwen Stacy & Mary Jane immediately jump to mind.

But Batman is different. I've read hundreds of Batman comics and the amount of times a love interest was involved? Completely negligible.

This is a Hollywood crutch.

When it is true to comic and integral to the character I dont have a problem. But I hate that it has become a cornerstone of EVERY comic movie released. It just annoys the ^^^^ out of me.

Back