Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something tells me that his blaming of Batman will be that he didn't stop it call it a hunch. He will blame is appearance on the fact that Gotham's hero wasn't there for him and see him as a cancer that needs to be removed. I think that they'll have Two-Face be a criminal along the lines of The Joker (but obviously not as insane) because he knows that will bring out the Batman then think he is doing the good deed by trying to kill him. I have a feeling Two-Face will be portrayed as thinking himself heroic while everyone else will consider him insane.

My gut tells me he'll blame being targeted on Batman provoking the criminals, not so much that he was or wasn't there, but that he got him into the mess. I think Harvey could be a man of ego and feel he can solve everything through the courts and look at Batman as interfering with his job, and the disfigurement being the climax of that interferance and then Batman becomes something he feels needs to be erradicated just like criminality.

With Batman you have a great tool in Arkham and wouldn't it be neat to see in the third one someone who from behind looks like Heath's Joker not facing the glass and rocking back and forth laughing to himself in a straight jacket? You wouldn't need the actor at all to continue forward and still have some neat throwaways.
totally agree 110%. i think it would be cool in the third one to have Bruce meet with the chief psychiatrist of Arkham at some point in the beginning. Bruce would ask some trivial question about how the patients are doing, and the psychiatrist would say "They all speak in jokes and riddles." or something to that extent. and the scene with the joker in the room with the jacket on would be great

I posted this in the regular thread since others posted smaller copies, figure it'll help our spoiler discussions on the matter.

6.jpg

The bigger the pic, the worse the CGI looks. Hopefully they don't rely two heavily on the cgi for Two-face, although it would certainly be able to make his face practically a skull with flesh stretched over it.

I love how his suit is burned and charred on one side and if you look at the way he was laid on the ground his hand wouldn't have been burned because he probably kept it off the flames.....the realism is great on how it could be done and I'm really interested to see what that face actually looks like

The bigger the pic, the worse the CGI looks. Hopefully they don't rely two heavily on the cgi for Two-face, although it would certainly be able to make his face practically a skull with flesh stretched over it.

You think it's CGI? The only way I see them using CGI for anything other than seeing the wound occur like Anakin's burns in ROTS is if you only get a really brief glimpse of Two-Face, like maybe this car shot is like a closing scene of TDK and you never really see the damage, only a hint of it that you know what's coming, like Joker's card in the evidence bag at the end of BB. In a scenario like that, I can see them using CG because there's no need to work on prosthetics for a short clip and minimal signs of the trauma. Any significant screen time in the next film or TDK will be prosthetics I'm sure though.

Early reports from the film from Eckhart himself talked about a mix of prosthetics and CGI. I would imagine we'll see Two-Face's damage and that the CGI will be used on things like the eyes, skull portions etc. Nothing from that visual screams CGI to me...

From the LA Times:

.....The death of Ledger and the word of his incendiary performance in this film have made him the natural focus of early media coverage of "The Dark Knight." But Nolan told The Times this year that the foundation of the film is the tale and transformation of Eckhart's character, Harvey Dent, from a crusading Gotham City prosecutor to Harvey Two-Face, a maniac whose face is ravaged on one side by a horrible injury.

On the campy 1960s "Batman" television series, the writers imported pretty much every major villain from the namesake comic book -- the Joker, the Riddler, the Penguin and Catwoman, etc. -- but not Two-Face. He was simply too gross. In the comic books, the wounds come from a splash of acid thrown at the attorney by a gangster on the witness stand, but there are hints that in this film it might be the Joker who is responsible for the scars.

Eckhart won't discuss that, but he did say that the wounds are structurally deeper than in the comics: "There are fans on the Internet who have done artist's versions of what they think it will look like, and I can tell you this: They're thinking small; Chris is going way farther than people think."

There were plenty of name actors lined up hoping to get the role of Two-Face, but in the end Nolan went with Eckhart because of his "complexity and this aura he has of a good man pushed too far," Nolan said. Two-Face in the film is more of a vigilante hunting down the Joker than he is a criminal, as he has most often been portrayed in the comics. His trademark is flipping a two-headed coin, one side defaced, the other pristine, and letting its landing determine his actions, often in situations where he has a gun to someone's head.

"The difference between Batman and Two-Face is how far they are willing to go and how they make their point," Eckhart said. "Otherwise, we're talking about vigilante crime-fighting. That's what Batman is all about. He has a strong sense of justice. And Harvey Dent has an extremely strong sense of justice. His fiancée is killed. He's horribly injured. But he is still true to himself. He's a crime fighter, he's not killing good people. He's not a bad guy, not purely."

The 40-year-old, square-jawed Eckhart has a history of playing authority figures pulled away from the bright path. He was a cop on a path to destruction in "The Black Dahlia," the slick tobacco lobbyist in "Thank You for Smoking," the junior executive looking to punish women in Neil LaBute's "In the Company of Men," all of them roles in which bad deeds are simple to see but bad men are hard to recognize.

"You look at a good guy too long and it's not that exciting, it's the Boy Scout always doing the right thing," Eckhart said. "I'm interested in good guys gone wrong. They're not the bad guy, they're the good guy doing bad things."

He joins a franchise with a deep roster of serious actors onboard: "The Dark Knight" has career-surging Christian Bale back in the cape and Gary Oldman as Gotham's only honest cop, Jim Gordon, as well as Oscar winners Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman. Maggie Gyllenhaal steps in for Katie Holmes as prosecutor Rachel Dawes, the romantic interest of Bruce Wayne.

"My guy identifies with everybody in the movie," Eckhart said. "Really, all of it is more than an adventure tale, it's somewhat of a mirror of our times. It deals with some fundamental questions of what's going on in society. To me, this film is about how Batman feels about justice, how he takes care of the city, how he feels about the Joker when he meets him and sees what he is capable of doing. How he feels when Harvey Two-Face takes matters into his own hands. It's not simple, and it gets ugly. I think people will be surprised."

Thanks for that Mike. Now that I read that, I have a feeling we will see a decent ammount of Two-Face in this, rather than a hint like in Begins.

Now I'll add this theory. As a way to write of Joker due to Ledger's passing, or maybe even planned all along, Two-Face kills the Joker in TDK, it negates the issue of Ledger's passing and aids in showing that Two-Face is Batman and beyond because Batman would go after Joker but only let Joker destroy himself, where Two-Face will pull the trigger.

The area around the mouth seems very Skeleton Pirate from Pirates of the Caribbean to me, which were of course CGI.

I think it's just that his burns will be extreme, very charred looking not just deformed like Tommy Lee's makeup.

If Two Face killed the Joker that'd be an interesting plot twist. He'd think that he'd be doing a heroic act while everyone else would consider him criminal. The interesting thing is if he did off the Joker that means the Birth of Two Face would be much earlier in the film than one would expect.

If Two Face killed the Joker that'd be an interesting plot twist. He'd think that he'd be doing a heroic act while everyone else would consider him criminal.

That's why I think it'd be a great idea. Start the movie with Harvey as a beloved savior of Gotham and totally disfigure him from that both physically and literally. The pure handsome hero is now a crazed, ugly vigilante, fear him or love him? I think it's the kinda drama that would make these movies much more powerful than the 90's Bat films.

Thanks for that Mike. Now that I read that, I have a feeling we will see a decent ammount of Two-Face in this, rather than a hint like in Begins.

Now I'll add this theory. As a way to write of Joker due to Ledger's passing, or maybe even planned all along, Two-Face kills the Joker in TDK, it negates the issue of Ledger's passing and aids in showing that Two-Face is Batman and beyond because Batman would go after Joker but only let Joker destroy himself, where Two-Face will pull the trigger.

They won't kill of the Joker. Nolan listens to the fans enough to know that killing a main villian like him (like what Burton did) is wrong. I imagine the Joker will either just get away, like Scarecrow did in Begins, or get thrown in Arkham. A small cameo is all that would be needed in the third, but if he is central to the story, they would have to recast.

Only question is, WHO?

From Eckhart's interview it sounds like even the depictions online from fans aren't grusome enough......that means to me that they are really pushing the lines of PG-13 and his look might be something that breaks the mold of what we have in mind. Color me excited.

From Eckhart's interview it sounds like even the depictions online from fans aren't grusome enough......that means to me that they are really pushing the lines of PG-13 and his look might be something that breaks the mold of what we have in mind. Color me excited.

Well, sad to say, some of the online manipulations I've seen aren't even as grotesque as Anakin in Revenge of the Sith, so hard to say how far the PG-13 line is pushed. Most of them looked like Tommy Lee Jones in Forever, only done with some realism and not purple.

Recasting isn't necessarily an issue....they are making this one with full knowledge of connecting it to a third. Knowing that Ledger was originally signed on for just one, they might have filmed some of what they'd need already in case he wouldn't or couldn't come back for a third. Its been done before with other films, extra footage just in case kind of thing.....as for visually if the lines were done already even in audio, a stand in could be used.....in the shadows of a room in Arkham. Definitely doable.

I saw IM yesterday, and the DK trailer came on..it was ptretty quite for the most part, but some guy said "Why are they redoing this movie, didn't he (the joker) die in the first film"

I don't think anyone wants to see the joker die again. Then again, I am not ure how many casual movie goers will see this flick?

If Eckhart's face is CGI'ed I'll be pissed. Because that what it looks like so far, based on the pic.

Back