Official SSC SDCC 2014 Thread: Link to Events Page in First Post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool Averone, thanks for the pics and videos.
What you think about likeness of thor and captain america PFs?? In the videos looks very impresive.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Just curious not many reveals. i think there will be add on or shuffling at list Averone u must know something

The Emma Frost video makes her look better than those original pictures; though she still doesn't compare to anything they're releasing now. She looks like a $249.99 statue, and even that'd be on the pricier side...and she'll almost definitely be $100 more than that at least. Very odd sculpting choices there (though I do like the idea of her holding the cloak...that came out well.)

So far Hot Toys and their Power Loader Ripley have stolden the show for me! She's a definite pre-order. On my "still deciding" list would be: Machiko Noguchi PF, Back to the Future Hot Toys, and Star-Lord 1/6.

Here's my breakdown for SSC at comicon:

Awesome Stuff:

Court of the dead was fantastic...the detail on these pieces is mind blowing. Loved all the new reveals of these as well. Very impressive...sadly, I don't have the space or funds for these. They are all so awesome it's a very much a "buy them all or buy none" type of thing for me:lol.

Wonder Woman PF, Batgirl PF, Emma Frost PF: LOVED all 3 of these the most. Can't wait for WW and will instantly PO Batgirl and Emma.

Green Ivy: She looked fantastic. The plants are a little exotic japanese anime ish(if you know what I mean) but overall, she looked really well done. If I didnt already have the first one, I would definitely get this one.

Lobo PF: While he looked freaking monstrous and awesome, Im gonna have to pass since I'm not too familiar with his story. Still, a great piece and Dawg is a must have if you're going to get Lobo!

Doom LSF: Super awesome looking! Not my scale or price point so not gonna get him but damn!

Only 1/6th that stood out to me were the GOG pieces and the arkham city batman! (not gonna comment on anything else 1/6th because I really don't collect it and therefore barely looked at any of it)

Good Stuff:

Rulk PF: This looked really good and makes me feel good about my Grey Hulk PO although I'm hoping they put that out at some point during con.

Powergirl PF: She looked pretty good but not crazy awesome...hopefully the COH can change that for me!

Catwoman PF: She didn't blow me away but she still looked very sexy and very nice.

Boba PF: I'm not a star wars collector but this might have to make the exception list! disappointed there was no vader PF though...

Blizzard statues: I'm not buying any of these but they looked very nice...I was impressed.

Doom PF: Base is subpar but I really liked how he looked. He has presence even in 1/4 scale.

Winter Soldier Cap PF and Dark World Thor PF: These looked great. Both have very dynamic poses and the paintjobs were excellent. Likenesses weren't spot on but these blow the original out of the water by a long shot. If you're on the fence, PO with confidence I say!

Daredevil PF: He looked pretty good to me. Not interested but I think fans will appreciate it!

Machiko PF: I'm not a predator collector but she looked great. The detail on her and the base are impressive.

Meh Stuff:

Optimus, Megatron, Starscream Statues: These were somewhat impressive but for the sheer cost, I was disappointed. I was not a fan of how the bases are either.

Godzilla PF: I suppose if you liked the movie than maybe this is for you? I just wasnt very impressed but I havent seen the flick...

Savage Opress PF: He looked aight...that part on his base that is supposed to look sliced by his saber was bleh...overall this piece did nothing for me.

Christopher Reeves PF/Keaton Batman PF: Both of these just didn't impress me at all. They suffer from all the flaws mentioned in those threads. I enjoyed those movies just as much as the next guy but I can easily pass on both of these. Esp if the production pieces are going to be worse than the protos...and we all know they will be.

Mark II maquette: While I didn't love this, it wasn't bad. The matte silver was disappointing though. It's an easy pass and I hope Mark VII, III, and V look better.

King Hulk PF: Gladiator Hulk looks better...nuff said...

Sentinel Maquette: This looked feminine to me in the pose:lol

Vampirella PF: This was disappointing. I wasn't gonna get her but I thought the pics at PO on the site looked great. In person, her color just looked very strange to me...she was pinkish purple instead of a proper skin tone. I'm not sure if that was intentional but it didnt look right to me. Her hip looked strange to me too.

Awful Stuff

Mark 42: I think this is the only thing I would consider awful out of what I saw. Bad paints pretty much sums it up...no pop...I was so set to PO this so I think it made an even larger negative impact when I saw how bad it looked. I can only imagine how bad the production pieces are gonna look. This worries me for the other versions yet to come.

any pics from the Mondo booth anywhere?

saw one very vaque pic of the 1/6 Alfred Hitchcock somewhere and it seemed interesting, although I'm not much of a Hitchcock fan. just be more interested to see how the Mondo quality looks up close...

10527468_545495718888142_1554079744023694103_n.jpg

Back