OFFICIAL SPOOKTACULAR 2009 Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick update on the new cabinet I purchased for THE BOSSK FROM THE BOSS!

I'm now on my 3rd Aspvik from Ikea. The display isn't finished but here it is for now. Don't mind the darkness in the cabinets in the photo. For some reason these cabinets don't photograph well and there is much more light inside in person.

display111509.jpg

That's an awesome display Shropt!! The Bossk Bust looks complete in that display and looks like it belongs! I'm so happy got that bust !! It looks great!! :rock

Quick question for anyone who might know...

If sideshow sends out packages and they may come at a time when you're not here, and the package is under 100 and will be left at your door (which my ups guy does) and you have neighbors who steal from you (cause they already have) what can you do? Possible to have ssc note that it may not be left or signed for by anyone else?

That's horrible! I went through something similar over here at my 2 family home. I caught a kid that lived down the street sitting on my front porch trying to pry open a package that was left behind by UPS. Luckily there was no damage to the item and the kid didn't run off with the package (he ran home as soon as he saw me...not too bright). Of course, I knew where the child lived and I spoke up to the parents who unjustly defended their child (even with his wrongdoing). I simply told the boys parents that if I caught him in my yard again, I would call the police for trespassing.

Since that incident, I have packages sent to my parents house in the next town over. They have a rear porch in a secluded area where UPS has been dropping off packages safely and without fear of theft. Haven't had any problems yet.

Maybe not to any severe extent, but he was giving her ???? about the WaitList not meaning Sold Out and haggling about the whole deal with the Spook Kits and their limited edition status, etc. It was pretty funny.

Maybe I don't want to give him a gift card then... hate during spooktacular is not allowed.

That's horrible! I went through something similar over here at my 2 family home. I caught a kid that lived down the street sitting on my front porch trying to pry open a package that was left behind by UPS. Luckily there was no damage to the item and the kid didn't run off with the package (he ran home as soon as he saw me...not too bright). Of course, I knew where the child lived and I spoke up to the parents who unjustly defended their child (even with his wrongdoing). I simply told the boys parents that if I caught him in my yard again, I would call the police for trespassing.

Since that incident, I have packages sent to my parents house in the next town over. They have a rear porch in a secluded area where UPS has been dropping off packages safely and without fear of theft. Haven't had any problems yet.

Smart thinking nitro, that's messed up the parents were like that.

That's good stuff, man. Karma is right.:lol
Maybe I don't want to give him a gift card then... hate during spooktacular is not allowed.

No, no, don't get me wrong, he's a good guy, just for some reason, he got a bug up his ass over that. :dunno:lol

I would've just pressed charges anyway. If parents are gonna be like that, let them deal first hand with their poor parenting skills by bailing their failure of a son out of jail. I have no sympathy for that type of ****.

Smart thinking nitro, that's messed up the parents were like that.

It's sad that the parents were quick to defend their child essentially letting him get away with it. Thankfully, the kid has stayed away from the house ever since that incident and I didn't have to get the police involved. It's not a fun situation to be placed in and it's frustrating to see parents so blindsided in their parenting skills that they can't see past their son (who supposedly "could do no wrong").

I would've just pressed charges anyway. If parents are gonna be like that, let them deal first hand with their poor parenting skills by bailing their failure of a son out of jail. I have no sympathy for that type of ****.

I usually take no **** either, but it was a tough situation to prove to the police the boys specific intent to take the package. I figured that I could talk to the boys parents and leave the punishment up to them. While it was frustrating to see the boys parents defending him, I made it a point that I did not want to see the boy on my property again or the police would be called for trespassing. It seemed to have worked, but since that incident...I ship all packages to my parents house for safe keeping.

Yeah no kidding I love the general trend in parenting skills. I don't have any kids yet but I wouldn't allow my kids to embarrass me like that under any circumstances.

No, no, don't get me wrong, he's a good guy, just for some reason, he got a bug up his ass over that. :dunno:lol

Oh gawd...you're still going on about that
2083307017_5be118794a_m.jpg

I was just just joking around in hopes of a lower ES on this kit in comparison to last years. But Nam thought I was being serious?

Anyways, I did get a freebie though, I really haven't been keepin with this thread since near spooks end. So you can take me off that list.

:banana
Wow! I think Friday the 13th was my lucky day!

I came home tonight and saw a package from Sideshow tucked on the porch out of the rain. I was a bit confused when I saw it. The only prize I knew I'd won were some Pirates cosbabies but this couldn't be them yet. Because of an e-mail goof I hadn't even been able to agree to the shipping for them until the day before yesterday.

I opened the box and found The Harbinger!!! I actually won a 12" figure! I've collected mostly 12" figures from Sideshow and I've won a few really cool prizes over the years but I've NEVER won a 12" figure until now! And my first zombie figure too!!

THANK YOU SIDESHOW!!

Samething happened to me.I was waiting for a package from monoprice on Friday.The doorbell rings and I look out and there is a Sideshow package to.I opened it up and its a Harbinger and the alt. Mort comic.Thank you Sideshow.I guess I did win something.

Back