OFFICIAL SPOOKTACULAR 2009 Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well im off to bed, then work tomorrow for a good bit of the day. so im guessing alot of good contest and freebies are gonna be showing up between now and 5central

Since I was lucky enough to win a $75 card tonight, I have a $20 Comic-Con one I no longer need.

This will be won by the following trivia question and first person to post correct answer wins:

According to the book "James Whale: A New World of Gods and Monsters", who was James Whale's first pick as the Bride of Frakenstein before the part went to Elsa Lanchester?

Brigitte Helm and Phyllis Brooks.......he considered both before Lanchester

Me = frantic Fail.

But very fun Midnight. I'm loving how into this everyone is. Best introduction to a website ever!

And that avatar is from Metropolis right? (hoping I can save face, here)

And Congrats ChaserFan! Did you find that via google? Or did you use your mind!?

Me = frantic Fail.

But very fun Midnight. I'm loving how into this everyone is. Best introduction to a website ever!

And that avatar is from Metropolis right? (hoping I can save face, here)

Metropolis, yes, I'm obsessed with the movie and Helm and Fritz Lang in general, i wish I could of won his monocle they just auctioned off not too long ago. :)

Thanks Comm, i'm in Minneapolis MN.

@ Midnight: What's your take on Mabuse? I wrote a ten page paper on The Testament not long ago and was living and breathing it for about a week and a half solid. I love it by the way, don't want to make it sound like work.

I'd love to win this Chainsaw killer. I've wanted him for a while, but just couldn't ever pull the trigger because of the price.

You've only had, oh, 20 chances the past 4 days ;P

I just want mine EX :)

Terror Tuesday...make it rain with specimen heads at Night (10 pm sideshow time sounds good --wink)

Just checked GC items, noticed they've removed the Ex chainsaw killer from the list.......now I have to win one! I'm a nut when it comes to variations of accessories; double-bladed chainsaw FTW!

Thanks Comm, i'm in Minneapolis MN.

@ Midnight: What's your take on Mabuse? I wrote a ten page paper on The Testament not long ago and was living and breathing it for about a week and a half solid. I love it by the way, don't want to make it sound like work.

I would have loved to do a paper on a Fritz Film. Believe it or not I have not seen The Testament but I am aware the great Criterion has a dvd of it and NEED to get around to buying it. I've seen the Mabuse: the gambler (1922) which is excellent, probably in my top 3 favorite Fritz films. I love the silents. His visuals are amazing.

Do they disqualify you for more then one entry? I had issues with my browser so I kept pressing refresh, I gave up in the end. I just checked my email and had three 'thank you for entering' emails

Question for anyone who won the Chainsaw Killer on Friday's word hunt:

Has your order status changed to "shipping soon"? Mine hasn't and orders I've placed since then have. I'm just wondering what it's like for others. I'm excited to receive him!

Back