OFFICIAL SPOOKTACULAR 2009 Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why's that??:confused::angelsmil

I think the idea is that it's okay to help people through pms but not on the main message boards. Some people like the thrill of finding it themselves and others see the helping as cheating. At least that's the impression I've gotten.

In the past I know I've helped others and have been helped through the pms.

Why's that??:confused::angelsmil

There are a couple of reasons.

1) It gives an unfair advantage to forum lurkers.
2) It ruins the fun of decoding the riddle and/or frantically searching
3) If the Spook gods deem this to be cheating, they will take it away. This happens every year, and every year, the challenges are ridiculously hard by the end of Spook. Last year, the codes were not only hidden on the site, but also scrambled to curb cheating. Posting these links makes it harder on yourself and everybody else. :peace

There are a couple of reasons.

1) It gives an unfair advantage to forum lurkers.
2) It ruins the fun of decoding the riddle and/or frantically searching
3) If the Spook gods deem this to be cheating, they will take it away. This happens every year, and every year, the challenges are ridiculously hard by the end of Spook. Last year, the codes were not only hidden on the site, but also scrambled to curb cheating. Posting these links makes it harder on yourself and everybody else. :peace

Well;
1) What's a forum lurker?:confused:
2) It's only cheating if you click the link,:D
3) Now that's a good point! Consider myself spanked!:thwak

Back