Official Sideshow Crimson Guards!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Offical Sideshow Crimson Guards!

Why can't I be upset? It's fine if you like what they've done with the Crimson Guard helmet but would you be opposed it if it reflected the original design? I don't think that was too outdated, do you?

Well, you can get upset if you really want. :dunno I think its a bit silly considering they've said from the start how things would be.

Anyways, ordered my Ex. Another awesome Cobra figure to add to my over flow shelf with Cobra figures.

Eh, ordered as well.

As for the last few pages, :lol. I can agree with both sides.

I'm a "as close to the vintage card art as possible" guy (my Doc even has the red wrist bands, the original figure skipped that) but like some of the updating SS has done with weapons and such. I'm able to get a vintage look out of them. Especially now that the figures come with a modern and vintage style weapon.

And what is the hate with the Snake Eyes cloth mask? I like it.

Ordered an Elite™.

Depends on your opinion of "original" CG helmet design. Have a gander at the card art on the figure and you'll see the helmet Sideshow produced. Personally, I prefer the one on the actual figure more, but it's not a deal breaker. My issue is with the shiny bondage leather.

... what the hell? that's not my post.

Ordered. newsletter still busted, but he just showed up on the "brand spanking new" part of the page.

Stupid question: if preorders don't qualify for gift cards, why do they ofter that field in the ordering system! They know how to prevent you from using RPs on nonqualifying items (such as the Spooktacular Kit), why not with the GCs?! Or can I use my Spook GC on this?

ordered the ex......$139....wow....I don't think he comes with more than the Viper but he cost more.....gone are the $109 and even $119 days huh.....

1st post...and EX ordered!!! Loved all the witty banter going back and forth on this guy.

I was on the fence as well, not digging the Thriller jacket our beloved Seigie was wearing, but can live with it. I'm just glad they got the backpack and gun right.

I was hoping the helmet would cover the head, a first for Sideshow with their G.I. Joe line (unfortunately the Viper didn't have this either). They do it for the Star Wars clones, why not for the Cobras?

Oh well...with this one done, who will be next? I'm hoping Torpedo or Ace!!!

actually, they don't do it with their clones.

Sideshow dose not do removable helmets. they ONLY do swappable heads.

The reason for this is to do a removable helmet means that the helmet will most likely end up being over-sized to fit over the head.

a real, human head gets smooshed a little inside a helmet.

plastic heads can't.

so swappable heads is the only real alternative.

actually, they don't do it with their clones.

Sideshow dose not do removable helmets. they ONLY do swappable heads.

The reason for this is to do a removable helmet means that the helmet will most likely end up being over-sized to fit over the head.

a real, human head gets smooshed a little inside a helmet.

plastic heads can't.

so swappable heads is the only real alternative.

True. I thought the Stormtroopers had removable helmets, but you are right. I guess it's a good policy. The hand-painted heades SS does are great, even Dusty.

Depends on your opinion of "original" CG helmet design. Have a gander at the card art on the figure and you'll see the helmet Sideshow produced.

That's not what I see. There's huge differences.

Well, you can get upset if you really want. :dunno I think its a bit silly considering they've said from the start how things would be.

I expect "modernization". The Crimson Guard Helmet is not "modernization" to me. It's a butchering of the original design. It's not an improvement.

The other releases weren't as bad as this in my mind, they were either complete re-imaginings (Firefly) or variations (Cobra Commander).

I know several have touched on this...about the jacket. Could we safely assume that this is just a prototype and a cloth jacket will be shipped? I too am concerned now that @$139 pleather will crack later on. Im hoping since SSC did listen to our concerns about FireFlys "All Black" mask and added a camo one in addition that they will notably make adjustments to the jacket. I like my CG crack-free.

That's not what I see. There's huge differences.

Not really. Sideshow's helmet is closer to the card art. See how much closer the helmet is to the mask than the helmet on the figure's is to it's mask, and the hexagonal shape is definitely there in the art, whereas the figures was smoother and rounder:

crimsonguard.jpg

The leather jacket is actually growing on me. The helmet looks a little weird from the sides but awesome from the front. I just hope they decide to give him regular black trooper hands. IMO these S.O.L.A.G. gloves should only be used by the Joes.

I expect "modernization". The Crimson Guard Helmet is not "modernization" to me. It's a butchering of the original design. It's not an improvement.

The other releases weren't as bad as this in my mind, they were either complete re-imaginings (Firefly) or variations (Cobra Commander).

As Nam said it looks like the Card art which should make folks like you happy. So I disagree with you totally (yes, I wear contacts so I'm not totally blind ;) :lol) and really only Dusty (with some wacky face paint has been an issue for me any).

I guess in the end I don't get the beating of the horse when folks know they're not gonna be straight rip offs of the card art.

Back