Official Sideshow 1/6th DC Comic and Game figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May I direct you to the Christopher Reeve Superman thread?

Also, when do you guys think the first figure will be announced? Personally, I think it'd be pretty cool and poetic if the first 1/6th offering was Golden Age Superman.

Reeve is the exception that Proves the rule. also, no rubber suit. :D

And For all intents and purposes Reeve superman design/ look and comic book superman design and look are one and the same. not too terribly long ago, they were drawing Superman in the comics to look like Reeve.

But if it makes you feel better, I'll amend my original statement to say that In ALLMOST every case, Comics design > to movie design.

Your Golden Age Batman has the capsule belt before it was introduced apparently :lol

The capsule belt is the non-official reference to the fact that the capsules were raised above the line of the belt. Although your eye for detail is outstanding! :wave ;)

Really looking forward to these 1/6 scale superheroes. I've been looking for something to replace my childhood Megos. I really hope they make the whole Justice League and Legion of Doom. I was tempted to buy the the recent retro DC megos at Toys R Us. But they looked kind of cheap. These can't come out fast enough.

I have a feeling with as hard as SSC has been chasing this license that we'll see a ton of variants along all angles, I wouldn't be shocked if eventually we didn't get actual Superfriends variants of the heroes and villains.

I wouldn't mind Alex Ross versions from "Justice."

That would work for me. I'm a big of Alex Ross' art.

431852554_50f8e357ed_b.jpg

Who thinks that they should do a Superman Returns figure for those who haven't bought either the Hot Toys or Meidcom figure. I don't have either.
Reasons why I don't have them:
Hot Toys:
1.) expensive
2.) terrible sculpt

Medicom:
Collar too high

I believe it's for everything from now forward, just specific formats. I'm not about to go dig out the post though. :lol

I believe its for comic based only. Someone asked in a Q&A about Nicholson Joker and they said they were pursuing. I have a feeling that the individual film licenses will have to be each contracted just like Marvel's. They have access to the Marvel comic world carte blanche but they have to get the license for each film, I would imagine that DC is the same.

I believe its for comic based only. Someone asked in a Q&A about Nicholson Joker and they said they were pursuing. I have a feeling that the individual film licenses will have to be each contracted just like Marvel's. They have access to the Marvel comic world carte blanche but they have to get the license for each film, I would imagine that DC is the same.

Nicholson Joker = 1989. :wink1:

Again, as I read in response to a question about a Green Lantern movie PF (I think it was in the Joker PF thread), they have the license for the comics and future movies.

so, if anyone missed the announcemnts today, sideshow just announced the following 1/6th Figures

to hell with all the movie crap. Hot toys can keep it now.

Arkham Asylum Batman

Modern Comic Book Batman

Classic Comic Book Batman

Modern Superman

Classic Superman

Golden Age Superman

Wanna see the concept images?
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/videos....e=newsletter-pers-092911news&utm_medium=email

starts at 37 seconds

I'm stoked, anyone else?

How did I miss this thread!??

Arkham Asylum = :drool

Nicholson Joker = 1989. :wink1:

Again, as I read in response to a question about a Green Lantern movie PF (I think it was in the Joker PF thread), they have the license for the comics and future movies.

from what I remember reading about the SS acquiring the DC license, the only movie licenses they said that they had and were working on were just The Dark Knight Rises and Superman: Man of Steel

as in how that will work with HT. I'd say it will be just like it has been marvel wise. SS makes the 1/4 Maquette or PF for the movies and HT makes the 1/6 figures

I hope they give Arkham City game some love, Batman looks great in that game.

:lecture Arkham Asylum/city is one of my favourite designs for Batman, would love to get a good 1/6 Arkham Batman, and hopefully some good rogues too. The Jokers design, again, is one of my favourite versions. Would love to see Scarecrow and Bane too. And a few from Arkham City too. Especially Catwoman. And maybe Black Mask.

Back