official Sideshow 1:6 Snake Eyes discussion thread (with full photo)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man nipples are proof that whichever Creator you believe in.....they have a sense of humor.

It's a shame about the price. I may pick up Storm Shadow if he is great but for the price this may be the only one I buy.

I'm hoping it's the classic masked version of Stormshadow. Didn't the hooded one have some kind of grey cammo pattern on it? Classic would be best and judging from Snake Eyes, I would think classic would come first.

What would be really cool is if Snake Eyes and Stormshadow both had their matching tattoos on their forearms.
Isn't this version of Snake Eyes the version 2 costume? The original had goggles if memory serves, not the visor.
Trust you...nah...

As far as Hot Toys and Medicom...yes they were always higher priced -and alot can argue over-priced.

One of the reasons Sideshow has grown to the level it has is due to the fact that they provided an alternative to people who wanted cool looking figures at an affordable price.

Alot of the folks on this board, yourself included, are fans of the company and will buy whatever comes out and find a way to justify the price. For the majority of people outside of these boards the increase in figures prices will be too much.

Sideshow needs to decide, and I think they have sadly, if they want to be the company that got them to the place they are now OR an overpriced company like Hot Toys and Medicom that only attracts the fanatical collector.

I knew with the Hot Toys designed body that prices would increase, so I kind of braced myself for the price hike. Hot Toys stuff may be overpriced to you but I think their quality more than makes up for the added cost. I actually found myself buying less Sideshow product towards the end of the Buck because the body sucked, so I'm really looking forward to getting some of the new Prometheus stuff.

I don't think 1/6 collecting was ever a hobby for the frugal, to be honest. Of course it sucks that it just gets progressively more expensive to collect, but what hobby hasn't?

Storm Shadow needs to be the 84 Cobra Ninja version.

GIJoe_PlastiramaCard_StormShadowC4.jpg

Ignite's can also be converted to him as well:

z127990656.jpg

I have a feeling the first four figs will be masked! :(

Snakeyes
Cobra Comander
Stormshadow
Firefly

Another poster at a Joe board broke the pricing down for this, Hadn't thought of it this way and it just makes this price even more insane.

$120 for a 12" figure

that is $10 an inch.

That = pure craziness.

Another poster at a Joe board broke the pricing down for this, Hadn't thought of it this way and it just makes this price even more insane.

$120 for a 12" figure

that is $10 an inch.

That = pure craziness.

Would you pay $10 for this inch worth...

2610_press23-001.jpg

...how about this inch...

2610_press21-001.jpg

...from what I've seen at places that sell accessories and on eBay, people pay a lot more than a mere $10 for accessories of this quality... so yes, I would pay $10 an inch for this figure.

$120 for a 12" figure

that is $10 an inch.

That = pure craziness.

Sorry you or the "poster on another joe site" can't afford it.

Hasbro has other figures for you.

$120 for a 12" figure

that is $10 an inch.

That = pure craziness.

Hmm, by that valuation formula a 10 mm diamond at $10,000 is WAY over priced!

Would you pay $10 for this inch worth...

2610_press23-001.jpg

...how about this inch...

2610_press21-001.jpg

...from what I've seen at places that sell accessories and on eBay, people pay a lot more than a mere $10 for accessories of this quality... so yes, I would pay $10 an inch for this figure.

hey man, if you have that much money to spend per inch of a figure knock yourself out. The fact is that the majority of people do not. I don't see where silver paint and stitching is worth $10 an inch, but if you do have fun.

hey man, if you have that much money to spend per inch of a figure knock yourself out. The fact is that the majority of people do not. I don't see where silver paint and stitching is worth $10 an inch, but if you do have fun.

Well, there must be enough people who do, because the exclusive is sold out!

Alot of the folks on this board, yourself included, are fans of the company and will buy whatever comes out and find a way to justify the price. For the majority of people outside of these boards the increase in figures prices will be too much.

How have we determined these "majorities"?

hey man, if you have that much money to spend per inch of a figure knock yourself out. The fact is that the majority of people do not.

These figures aren't made for the majority. Hence the fact that they have Edition Sizes. And the "per square inch" argument is ridiculous. People have been paying almost $300 per square inch for vintage Snake Eyes figures for years.

Last edited:
It's a high price tag for a 12" figure, for those (like me) who stick with Sideshow and don't get into the Medicom figures, for example. This is a new record high price tag for a Sideshow 12" figure, unless I am forgetting something.

But in this case, I don't think that it's unjustly high. I can see enough quality and detail on this one to justify the price. They seem to be setting the quality bar higher with figures like this and Clone Obi-Wan. If the ES on the Snake Eyes exclusive is low enough and the line takes off down the road, I can see people paying more than $120 on the secondary market. So if you are really gung ho about the license, the quality of the figure is pretty clear and I say that getting it now at full MSRP isn't a bad idea.

Back