official Sideshow 1:6 Snake Eyes discussion thread (with full photo)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
26101_press04-001.jpg

actually this is a shot of snake eyes waking up in the morning deciding on what weapon to use: "decisions, decisions. oh WTH ill just take it all."

What is funny about that shot is, all the stuff in front of him and he STILL has more items strapped to his legs.

How much of that money though has it cost them to get LOTR, Indy, SW, GI Joe, HellBoy, etc.? So while Justin may feel we're being squeezed I'd venture to guess there's more to the story.

True. Profit is spread out across all offerings from the company. When a line like Highlander crashes and burns, there goes some of your saved $$$.

The price HT charges for it's military figures now is a lot higher than it was a few years ago on their old ^^^^ty body.

What is funny about that shot is, all the stuff in front of him and he STILL has more items strapped to his legs.

I've just never seen a figure like this really. Well, the HT Military guys not withstanding but I mean a licensed figure. Just plain old insane.

True. Profit is spread out across all offerings from the company. When a line like Highlander crashes and burns, there goes some of your saved $$$.

The price HT charges for it's military figures now is a lot higher than it was a few years ago on their old ^^^^ty body.

Yup, just think for every great line SS has or has had they've had stinkers too. It balances out.

Snagging Snake Eyes has me thinking of getting a HT Military figure just to have. Not sure who I'd want though.

I do not complain about the prices...but the issue is legitimate and can be seen if a person cares to look in to it.

My point was that apparently SS has struggled to maintain perceived value of its SW figs with each price hike. Not so with Snake Eyes, even at a much higher price. Thus --> The Snake Eyes figure = height of 1/6 scale badassedness.

My point was that apparently SS has struggled to maintain perceived value of its SW figs with each price hike. Not so with Snake Eyes, even at a much higher price. Thus --> The Snake Eyes figure = height of 1/6 scale badassedness.

No argument there.

Thats a good call...what is it with Sideshow trying to perceive the cost raises on their Star Wars figures? Is it because of oil costs etc. to run the factories overseas? Or are they raising prices for more profit....or maybe a little bit a both?

Ahh...I'm not getting into it again...

Snake-Eyes look fantastic and I'm excited, I'm satisfied with the price...of course I wish it could be lower, but I don't want it getting higher.

Price whining is for the Star Wars section.

This figure is to freakin' amazing to be complaining about price! I am more than willing to pay what they are asking, worth every penny IMO.

Raised the price from what? This is the first offering in the line, and he comes chocked to the hill with accessories and a new body.

For all we know the next character could be Grunt for $80 and he comes with basic accessories.

Well I would imagine Storm Shadow would cost the same, but I think this price will be the set price. All the figures should have alot of accessories. This could be an amazing line. The characters are so unique from one another. Which could also lead to slow releases which would suck. The release schedule is more important then most think, will have to wait and see. I'm thinking Storm Shadow is next.

Sideshow pricepointed these on the low end at $80 which means we will see figures that hit that range. Storm Shadow will be less, there are less accessories in all reality:

stormshadow.jpg

Although they did miss one crucial accessory from Snake Eyes IMHO.....can you tell which one?

snake-eyes-timber-25th.jpg

Yeah, I wish they were releasing Timber as an expansion pack like they did with Maul and the probe droids where its part of the figure but still technically a separate order.

snake-eyes-timber-25th.jpg

26101_press04-001.jpg

One of the reasons I preordered the regular edition as well is because if you take the stripped down Snake Eyes and give him just the shoulder sheath for the sword and his uzi you really have an incredible 1985-style SE, by far my favorite, yet at the same time I don't want to waste all that marvelous extra "stuff".

So I'm going to just try and swing both and then display the lean mean 1985 with black sword and then a fully loaded commando at the same time.

i know they are missing timber, but maybe its just me, i do not see the c4 satchel .

Back