Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe there are 2 figures that have the dome:the Anakin to Vader set or the ROTJ 3 piece reveal one (it's electronic).

Hey Coco,

What mods did you do? Looks like the helmet mod & a new cape? Is that an iForigno cape?

Coco! What did you do? Spill it!

I lowered the dome, swapped out Vader's mid section for a clone's to shorten him, shaved the shoulders a bit to give the bells more of a slant, sanded his moobs down a bit so that the chest box sits flatter, wrapped some tape around the now smaller mid section to fill it out and made a new cape myself. Now that I'm looking at him I think I'll go ahead and make an inner tunic out of the same material too.

I have the trooper body and plan on doing the dome mod and sourcing a new cape...just haven't got around to it. Glad I held off cause the shoulders and chest mod seem to make a difference.

I lowered the dome, swapped out Vader's mid section for a clone's to shorten him, shaved the shoulders a bit to give the bells more of a slant, sanded his moobs down a bit so that the chest box sits flatter, wrapped some tape around the now smaller mid section to fill it out and made a new cape myself. Now that I'm looking at him I think I'll go ahead and make an inner tunic out of the same material too.
Was thinking the same too

That looks fantastic! This is why I can't go the Hasbro route, the SSC dome just needs a little work. Great job Adam!

That looks fantastic! This is why I can't go the Hasbro route, the SSC dome just needs a little work. Great job Adam!

Thanks, Deak! I was gonna go the Hasbro route too but decided to try the helmet mod first. After ripping that sucka off and grinding on the interior fins a little it plopped right back on looked just fine to me.

I have a hasbro dome if anyone want it. I modded the sideshow dome, sculpted in the widow's peak, as well as body mods, and I think it's fab!!! Need to dremel down the moobs tho....

Great figure, with a few little tweaks!

attachment.php

That looks really natural and realistic. What did you do to it, and have you got any photos taken in natural light without flash?

That looks really natural and realistic. What did you do to it, and have you got any photos taken in natural light without flash?

Thanks. basically its the hasbro dome, (the SSC lowered is fine if you want ESB version) I placed a couple of pieces of packaging foam under his shoulders and it's Iforigno's cape (sprayed with water to help it settle, be careful as the dye may run) and thats it. I like the extra height in the figure. I'll try to get some natural light pics though its a bit tough with my happy snaps camera

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back