Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a question? Is the dome stuck on nice and secure? No chance of a reveal, correct?

Its all good Valfar. I noticed the Helmet wasnt exact too but it is a sweet figure.
Definite buy

I am a bit concerned about the length of the dome aswell...it looks way to short from the pic Maulfan posted with the Tantive IV background. However I have had numerous 1:1 Vader helmets over the years and they are very hard to photograph and get the screen accurate look, the dome always looks short unless it is shot from below looking up. It is probably just the picture that is making the dome look short.

Maulfan...congrats bro it looks awesome...and as always your pics rock!

mike

There's not anything that really denotes it as an early production sample (it's not a prototype). However it is the exclusive version but doesn't have the exclusive sticker.

Remember that there were a lot of different helmets used in ANH, I believe they went with the version that made it the most distinctive from those in the other movies - for example it has the mismatched tusks.

Just a question? Is the dome stuck on nice and secure? No chance of a reveal, correct?

Correct, solidly on there, someone brave will probably try to pop it off, but I wouldn't chance it.

Given the unique nature of this figure, I'm not even going to pop the head off, but I can see under the mask, looks like a full length neck inside with likely a little cup for a ball joint in the top of the helmet.

The head is very light though, so no worry about head flop.

Only downside I'd say, and hope to see different on future Vaders, is no wire in the cape.

Remember that there were a lot of different helmets used in ANH, I believe they went with the version that made it the most distinctive from those in the other movies - for example it has the mismatched tusks.

Correct, sometimes it had more of an ESB/ROTJ look, other times, it looked a lot like the figure in terms of how it sits on him and all, and many of the promotional images from ANH are like the figure, which I'm sure were the more used photos putting him together as they're clearest.

Maulfan, I'm sure this has been covered but how did you go about getting your hands on this so soon? Asian seller?

No, Darklord Dave and Sideshow sponsored a photo contest to give away one of the production samples the factory sends to Sideshow for approval in the production process.

And I know it was discussed heavily, the stitching on the cape and all, it is so small and so close to the edge of things, it's a non-issue in my eyes.

Correct, solidly on there, someone brave will probably try to pop it off, but I wouldn't chance it.

Given the unique nature of this figure, I'm not even going to pop the head off, but I can see under the mask, looks like a full length neck inside with likely a little cup for a ball joint in the top of the helmet.

The head is very light though, so no worry about head flop.

Only downside I'd say, and hope to see different on future Vaders, is no wire in the cape.

Thanks buddy!

Do you think the cape wire would help? The fabric looks as though it drapes nicely, but the wire would help, wouldn't it?

Back