Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one confuses me a lot.

On ebay the Vaders that sell go for $150-200 some cheaper some more expensive depending of if it's NIB or exclusive and such. There are always several that has a price of $300 or more, but they're there for month after month and no sale.

It's like the Sandtroopers and Stormies, there are always available ones on Ebay with buy it now for ludicrous amounts, but they never sell. Once in a while one comes up for auction and gets sold for $180 or less or a "cheap" buy it now that sells instantly.

I can understand people feel the need to sell with a profit if the market allows thats common sense. But if you've bought a figure for substantially less and it's used, whats's the rationale behind those prices when clearly no one is buying?. And if someone would, they would still have to mod it for $100+. You could get the new Vader and mod it for $100 and pay less money when it's said and done.

This is not aimed at you specifically, I'm just perplexed by this whole issue.

I suppose it's all speculation and the seller in reality may not want to sell, but if someone comes along that's willing to pay...

How's the leather materials on your vader? Been thinking what vader to pick up but im scared of the leather materials on vader deteriorating..I mean do they?

No deterioration at all, not sure SS Vader has had an issue with that. I know Medi has had issues but mine is normal just like I bought it from SS. I don't know trust ebay and asked what price range people are selling these for. I could make do with $275ish range.

I am about to sell mine as well. In fact, I am about to sell a large portion of my collection. PM me if anyone is interested. I just asked for permission to sell on the forum. I have a lot of great pieces which I would sell for reasonable prices. 1/6 Dewback for example, $200.

This one confuses me a lot.

On ebay the Vaders that sell go for $150-200 some cheaper some more expensive depending of if it's NIB or exclusive and such. There are always several that has a price of $300 or more, but they're there for month after month and no sale.

It's like the Sandtroopers and Stormies, there are always available ones on Ebay with buy it now for ludicrous amounts, but they never sell. Once in a while one comes up for auction and gets sold for $180 or less or a "cheap" buy it now that sells instantly.

I can understand people feel the need to sell with a profit if the market allows thats common sense. But if you've bought a figure for substantially less and it's used, whats's the rationale behind those prices when clearly no one is buying?. And if someone would, they would still have to mod it for $100+. You could get the new Vader and mod it for $100 and pay less money when it's said and done.

This is not aimed at you specifically, I'm just perplexed by this whole issue.

I suppose it's all speculation and the seller in reality may not want to sell, but if someone comes along that's willing to pay...

You can always try messaging them to make an offer and they may lower the price for you if you can come to an agreement. I've done that for people as a seller.

Just received this guy, and my first thought was: AWESOME!!!... however, when I put it up to my other Hot toys/Sideshow figures, it looks way too big! Like 1/5 scale big!... I know you guys are swapping bodies with the KP02, but I was wondering if any other bodies would work too... Someone said that the KP02 body is basically the Terminator body? Is that true?... Btw, in hand, I actually like the dome on this guy... Height is the only issue for me

I have been thinking about the KP02/KP03 issue. It always seemed to me that the KP03 was about the same as the KP02 except shorter legs. So I took to Photoshop for two minutes:

kp03-kp02.jpg

There is always an error margin since it's just two figures casually standing beside each other, but add ~7-8mm to the calf/ankle part - which seems to be a separate part anyway - and you have pretty much a KP02 equivalent. It should be doable considering what lenghts people here go for small albeit important improvements.

Last edited:
I have been thinking about the KP02/KP03 issue. It always seemed to me that the KP03 was about the same as the KP02 except shorter legs. So I took to Photoshop for two minutes:

kp03-kp02.jpg

There is always an error margin since it's just two figures casually standing beside each other, but add ~7-8mm to the calf/ankle part - which seems to be a separate part anyway - and you have pretty much a KP02 equivalent. It should be doable considering what lenghts people here go for small albeit important improvements.

I remember somewhere back in the forum, someone said that the KP03 body was the wrong build for vader?... has anybody tried the KP03?

hey guys i am new to collecting star wars 1/6 scale. i was wondering if i should get this vader or the new side show one that's coming out? I am also going to sell the general grievous i just bought, it seems to short, and the new one seems way better.

hey guys i am new to collecting star wars 1/6 scale. i was wondering if i should get this vader or the new side show one that's coming out? I am also going to sell the general grievous i just bought, it seems to short, and the new one seems way better.

Prices for the ANH version are anywhere from 150 -225. If you can wait I would get the newer version. You get many more accessories and a removable helmet.

Just modded my DV with KP-02 body and old Hasbro dome and mommy's cape&robe.
DSC_0201_zps3338e755.jpg

I loved how easily KP pegs went in once original pegs were removed and the weight this new body gives to Vader!

Back