Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I went and picked it up....

I mean, what the hell. Just add it to the collection, right?

The dome is smaller. Considerably. That goes for the overall figure, too.
It's just funny to me that they went to the trouble of crafting a brand new figure with accessories. I mean, this is Hasbro we're talking about... :lol

That said, I'll just mention that for a sub-$30 figure, it really isn't all that bad. Light years better than their previous electronic Vader offerings.

Waller's Vader, which I just finished. The second is mine and his and then the third pic is of course the before shot.

null_zps9f96fbb3.jpg

null_zps7ff49404.jpg

null_zps1a078ca4.jpg

I think there's one problem with putting the dull coat onto the dome. It makes it look "gray" in the pics. Originally, I had a dull coat dome on mine but I switched it back to the Hasbro shiny black plastic which just looked more accurate to me. Nice work on the mods though.

Here it is standing next to my custom Marmit Stormtrooper.

cking-custom-ANH-Stormtrooper-and-Darth-Vader_zpscedcc7fc.jpg

Chris

Last edited:
Waller's Vader, which I just finished. The second is mine and his and then the third pic is of course the before shot.

null_zps9f96fbb3.jpg

null_zps7ff49404.jpg

null_zps1a078ca4.jpg

:goodpost: Flossi that looks amazing. I really the before shot so the comparison really shows the difference. Makes me really consider do the modifications to Vader as well.

This is my number one figure I really want to get, even with money being tight. I missed out on every deal I found.

Don't feel too bad, you'll get the chance get this figure another time. If it's any consolation, you live in the US. Where I live, places selling collectibles are fewer and we always seem to miss out on a lot of good stuff.

Last edited:
Vader's dome was painted gloss black. It's very evident throughout the movie and the one place were it seems dull is due to the grey walls and soft lighting in the board room scenes and the potential use of dulling spray - EDIT: Oh yeah... and loads and loads and loads of fingerprints.

Here he is compared with two TIE fighter pilots.
enm.png

Last edited:
Yeah, the dome is gloss in IV. They dulled it down with dulling spray so the camera crew were not reflected. It wasn't deliberate, and only in certain scenes, the intention was gloss.

IMO the Hasbro dome has the perfect sheen for IV. It became super polished and almost perfect for Empire, then dulled down again for Jedi.

Yeah, the dome is gloss in IV. They dulled it down with dulling spray so the camera crew were not reflected. It wasn't deliberate, and only in certain scenes, the intention was gloss.

IMO the Hasbro dome has the perfect sheen for IV. It became super polished and almost perfect for Empire, then dulled down again for Jedi.

The new one I finished for Darth Waller became unintentionally matte due to my own mistakes. I oversprayed the Hasbro dome and had to strip and sand it down and repaint it. I really wish I tried paint > Future wax > light spray of dull coat, in order. If I can get my hands on another Hasbro dome I'm going to try to add the widows peak. Mine, though dull, has a bit of a sheen to it still. I wanted that look for his but it just didn't happen. Still, very happy with the overall look.

I might track down another dome at some point just to have the option display it either way. Looking forward to receiving that badboy after all your work. :rock

Still, very happy with the overall look.

I might track down another dome at some point just to have the option display it either way. Looking forward to receiving that badboy after all your work. :rock

Yeah, that's a good idea, no debating that it looks fantastic matte as well.

And great work Flosi, it's night and day with the stock Vader.
:rock

Back