Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amen my fellow collector. I think he is awesome out of the box, and some of the pictures I have seen of mods really screwed him up IMO...

strange, I haven't seen any (dome) mod so far that screwed him up

this is the reference for ANH
thumb10.jpg

out of the box, the dome placing doesn't look anything like this.

strange, I haven't seen any (dome) mod so far that screwed him up

this is the reference for ANH
thumb10.jpg

out of the box, the dome placing doesn't look anything like this.

It also looks like the face plate was painted which doesn't look too good.

Cool pics Jedibear!

Share some more mate. (Have you got a thread somewhere on here of your paintings? be interested to take a look).

It also looks like the face plate was painted which doesn't look too good.

I think that was made to look exactly like the props... versus what the ideal version would look like. Could be wrong, but as knowledgable as Gino is I don't think he'd unintentionally have a sloppy paint job.

I actually dont like how low the dome sits in that pic. Looks odd, maybe its me.

Here's a pic of mine:

vaderigure.jpg

Customized it bit (gloss coated the cod and modded the positioning of the helmet). I just love this figure! :naughty

-Joe

I own 2 as well the Reg which is one the display and the EX which is MISB. I honestly think the helmet looks fine the way the it is. No mod for me!

That's a very respectable way to express your opinion. If you are happy the way it is, then that's great! :)

Amen my fellow collector. I think he is awesome out of the box, and some of the pictures I have seen of mods really screwed him up IMO...

However, this is not a very nice way to talk about other fellow freaks' mods. That was kind of a bitter statement actually, my fellow collector. You can keep your googly eyed, prince valiant hair cut, happy face Vader the way it is. ;)
Picture11.png
Picture8.png
Picture7.png
Picture9.png

Last edited:
I think that was made to look exactly like the props... versus what the ideal version would look like. Could be wrong, but as knowledgable as Gino is I don't think he'd unintentionally have a sloppy paint job.

Exactamundo.

The screen used ANH helmet and armor were actually brush painted, not spray painted. They weren't spray painted until ESB.
You can see the brush strokes very clearly in the gunmetal areas.

my anh vader display

thumb10.jpg

screen cap from anh

anhvadercloseup.jpg

Here's the problem, though. I can't stand it when everyone gets in line to say how great someone's customization/mod/paintjob/custom sculpt is when its perfectly obvious to any fan that the end product isn't quite up to snuff. Personally, I haven't seen anyone's mod in this thread that I didn't think looked very nice, but I'd much rather have honest REAL feedback on these projects. Because if you don't think it looks right, guess what? I might be able to use the review to make some changes and improve the work.

I'm not saying that anyone needs to be or should be rude or tell someone that they are a talentless hack, but I'd much rather read "I can see you did a lot of work on this, but here are the areas that aren't quite blowing up my skirt...":lol. I'd like to think we're all big enough to take some constructive criticism

Here's the problem, though. I can't stand it when everyone gets in line to say how great someone's customization/mod/paintjob/custom sculpt is when its perfectly obvious to any fan that the end product isn't quite up to snuff. Personally, I haven't seen anyone's mod in this thread that I didn't think looked very nice, but I'd much rather have honest REAL feedback on these projects. Because if you don't think it looks right, guess what? I might be able to use the review to make some changes and improve the work.

I'm not saying that anyone needs to be or should be rude or tell someone that they are a talentless hack, but I'd much rather read "I can see you did a lot of work on this, but here are the areas that aren't quite blowing up my skirt...":lol. I'd like to think we're all big enough to take some constructive criticism

everyone is entitled to their opinion, and like yourself, i too would prefer honesty... i mean, what is the point of posting a custom if not to share ideas? i think the thing to keep in mind is that "beauty is in the eye f the beholder" and no artist ever makes everyone happy... that really isn't the point of art and never should be.

Me neither. accurate or not, it looks dumpy.

I'm glad I'm not alone, and I will continue to post my honest opinion. I have never said anyone is a horrible person for mods, just that I think most of the mods take what to me looks near perfect, and dramatically changes it. Others who Mod, obviously have an opposite opinion and I'm just expressing my perspective. People may not care about it...put I will post it non-the less. Disagreement is the oil of democracy.....

:peace

Back