Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a chance between weekend chores today to enjoy this figure a bit...

3779868014_767c884bfe_o.jpg

Sideshow really outdid themselves with this one...the materials used, the construction, the overall look...it's all just great.

It's been interesting following the thread and how some folks feel compelled to add their own modifications to this figure and they're looking pretty good....but for me, just the usual redress/futz and I think he looks just fine.

I've enjoyed collecting Sideshow's line of Star Wars figures since they acquired the license and while they've all been pretty decent figures for the most part, every once and a while, one comes along and pushes all the right buttons...gets the nostalgic feelings going ( I actually threw in the ANH DVD and watched a few Vader scenes while looking/futzing with this figure) and also pushes the line into a new level of quality. This Vader is one of those figures...it's that good.

I'll get a lot of enjoyment out of this figure...and it's great to see many others in this forum are too....bravo, Sideshow...bravo!

SS pretty much had to get Vader right. I feel that if they didn't, it could've possibly caused many to jump ship entirely. But whatever, i am glad they got him right.

oh damn vader looks legend how does he compare in size with the other sith lords and jedis?

Deak, duuuuude, that's an awesome shot, but he's screaming for a helmet mod!! And then the circle will be complete!

I know, I know. I am chicken sh_t to mod the helmet, and I own 2 Vaders. :lol Maybe if I pick up a third helmet from Toy Anxiety I'll pull the trigger on the mod.

here are some sharper pictures, not all unfortunately, I wanted to work as much as I could without flash and that's why some are kinda blurry.

This figure is definitely the most imposant of the bunch, and it will even look better when I would iron his cape and especially that undersuit :)

DSCF1603.JPG

DSCF1606.JPG

DSCF1608.JPG

DSCF1611.JPG

DSCF1612.JPG

DSCF1613.JPG

DSCF1620.JPG

DSCF1623.JPG

I own 2 as well the Reg which is one the display and the EX which is MISB. I honestly think the helmet looks fine the way the it is. No mod for me!

I own 2 as well the Reg which is one the display and the EX which is MISB. I honestly think the helmet looks fine the way the it is. No mod for me!

Amen my fellow collector. I think he is awesome out of the box, and some of the pictures I have seen of mods really screwed him up IMO...

Back