Official Rob Zombie "HALLOWEEN 2" Thread - SPOLIERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New trailer. Meh.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/cXYRoMS8lX4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/cXYRoMS8lX4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm actually intrigued :eek:

Same here, there's some moments that I don't dig in that trailer, but as a Michael Myers fan, I do see some things in there that I'm eager to see play out.

Yeah Myers and Jason just can't die imo, keep makin em' boys :D The only part of that preview that was (WTF) was what looked like something out of TCSM.

Still I won't sit here and cuss RZ's work (Although I still think he's a ****** for putting his wife in everything) cuz I liked and still like his Halloween and can't wait to see this one too. I admit, i'm a remake junkie :D

I agree though about the poster work :lol is that a video game poster? :lol

The Sherri Moon ghost that talk to him is kinda weak and unimaginative..but other than that, movie looks interesting.

Still I won't sit here and cuss RZ's work (Although I still think he's a ****** for putting his wife in everything) cuz I liked and still like his Halloween and can't wait to see this one too.

Here's my position on Rob as a filmmaker after watching an H2 interview with him. Rob has skills as a director, he could be a fantastic horror directed, there's potential in him, but there are things in his persona and personal tastes toward the genre that are what bring his films down in quality. He talks in one interview about how the original Halloween's portrayed things to nice and pretty and all with characters and life and he didn't want to go there, which I think is ok, but unfortunately what we get is wayyyyy opposite of that with over the top white trash type of society that just isn't entertaining. If he could just keep out of doing that sort of garbage, I think he could do well, but like I said, his personal views and tastes are what hurts and it's unlikely he'll ever do a film without letting all that out, which artistically I support, be true to yourself, but as a viewer of his art, I don't care for that aspect of his work.

Here's my position on Rob as a filmmaker after watching an H2 interview with him. Rob has skills as a director, he could be a fantastic horror directed, there's potential in him, but there are things in his persona and personal tastes toward the genre that are what bring his films down in quality. He talks in one interview about how the original Halloween's portrayed things to nice and pretty and all with characters and life and he didn't want to go there, which I think is ok, but unfortunately what we get is wayyyyy opposite of that with over the top white trash type of society that just isn't entertaining. If he could just keep out of doing that sort of garbage, I think he could do well, but like I said, his personal views and tastes are what hurts and it's unlikely he'll ever do a film without letting all that out, which artistically I support, be true to yourself, but as a viewer of his art, I don't care for that aspect of his work.

Absolutely agreed. He can't get out of his own way.

He did not like the "nice and pretty", but unfortunately, that was the point of Halloween. It was an indictment on how "nice & pretty" is ugly under the surface. Not ON the surface. That is why it did not work.

I will freely admit that he has a good eye behind the camera. I really want to see him direct somethng that he does NOT write.

The trailer was nice except for the part where he is tipping over the car since when did Myers become the Incredible Hulk.

The problem with RZ as a filmmaker is that he has absolutely no original vision whatsoever outside of the white trash aesthetic that grew tired after his first two movies.

And poor Brea Grant. She gets snuffed in the trailer. :(

The trailer was nice except for the part where he is tipping over the car since when did Myers become the Incredible Hulk.

I really, really hate that too. In fact, the whole notion of Myers as this huge "giant" is so far away from what the character originally was: the boogeyman and The Shape of Halloween. Being big and huge does not make him spooky at all, imho.

Well unfortunately I think his portrayal is based maybe on his personal life. Its his style (not a BIG fan of) but I suppose I can ignore that part of his persona ......... somewhat.

Overall I think he's done a good thing for the franchise in an era that wants monsters towering of his victims. I assume we do. I know I do ............. 1978 Myers as a small crazy 21 year old kid was cool but "the boogeyman" in my eyes IS a giant that cannot be stopped.

"you can't control evil. You can lock it up, burn it, and bury it, ... It just... rests awhile"

Who's she?

Ever watched HEROES or FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS?

brea_grant.jpg

:drool

She was also the nicest one on set.

Back