Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prometheus - Spoiler thread!

=Jedah Kalm;4543315]Why do some refer to the alien in the mural as a queen? It looks nothing like one. It looks like the Deacon/Proto-Alien from the end.

I only referred to it as that because others were doing that; I looked at it and didn't see it either, except above it the lines could MAYBE, if you're reaching for the answer, be construed as that huge wing-shaped head. I think it is just a Xeno though.

However, my question is still relevant I think.

Why the heck was a xeno on the wall in a place called the altar, and could it be their "God"? I really hope we get a sequel because I think it will be pretty intense, especially if it is indeed going to take place on Paradise.

However, my question is still relevant I think.

Why the heck was a xeno on the wall in a place called the altar, and could it be their "God"? I really hope we get a sequel because I think it will be pretty intense, especially if it is indeed going to take place on Paradise.

Wasn't the Alien originally supposed to be a being of higher intelligence? But it was in it's young, "child" stage which is why it was so aggressive? I remember reading that somewhere...

^^^^^^^^^^

9943279_orig.jpg

8526474_orig.jpg

:lol HOLY ____! THE SPACE JOCKEY'S ARE THE FIRST TROLLS!

Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

The first few episodes of Ancient Aliens are great! Really cool, interesting theories.

Then they got super retarded.

But the first few are pretty awesome. I love the idea that King Akhenaten was an Alien hybrid thing.

akhenaten.jpg

Isn't the real answer outside of the context of the movie? From what I've read, everything on that altar wall was an homage to Giger. Including the Alien and all the other pics on it that aren't seen in the film.

Yeah, that is indeed true about the alter. But they straight up said the goo is a bio weapon. It's hinted that it is, but this confirms that.

But the alter is making my head scratch. It's a homage, but it's one that can really change the entire story. So ____....

But, the head is supposed to be the Space Jockey's celebrating themselves as gods. Like a "Look how ____ing cool we are. We're life creators" which makes them extremely arrogant.

You really didn't like the film did you Devil?

Haven't seen it yet. I still plan on watching it and I'm almost 100% sure I'll dig it (considering I like Event Horizon and that's a piece of crap). But from everything I've read and continue to read I have 0 interest in the back story these assclowns are trying to tack-on.

And before any of Ridley's followers on here claim that the whole Space Jesus thing is at least original for a movie go watch John Carpenter's "Prince of Darkness". Jesus was an Extra-terrestrial in that too. And that movie came out in 1987.

Hell no it's not his idea. :lol

I'm sure Gigoro touched on that.

35j0tv.jpg

:lol

Yep. Great point.

I also love the moment where the Space Jockey meets David for the first time. He's so pissed at his existence. He rips his damn head off.

HELL NO YOU'RE NOT GOING TO CREATE LIFE.

And how exactly does he know he's an android!?

And how is the X-Files black goo a bio-weapon when White Hercules drinks it at the beginning to start life!? That doesn't make sense.

He's a super advance Alien....So, maybe he used his X-Ray vision. Point is, he got pissed that he's a robot.

It mutated the Jockey, but it broke down all his cells first. He falls into the river, and his cells mutate, and flow through the water, and become us.

Or it's a different goo. But I think what I said is close to what they were implying.

And how exactly does he know he's an android!?

And how is the X-Files black goo a bio-weapon when White Hercules drinks it at the beginning to start life!? That doesn't make sense.
I can't believe people are actually hating the movie because of questions as stupid as these.

The super intelligent Alien race that created life on Earth can instantly see the difference between a human and a human-made android. How? They don't tell us. Movie ruined. What the hell?

Maybe it wasn't the same black liquid? Maybe it has a different effect on the Engineers?

It's like you people were expecting a documentary ffs.

Haven't seen it yet. I still plan on watching it and I'm almost 100% sure I'll dig it (considering I like Event Horizon and that's a piece of crap). But from everything I've read and continue to read I have 0 interest in the back story these assclowns are trying to tack-on.

The problem is now that you have the backstories in your mind so when you watch it for the first time you may piece together parts of the story that a viewer with no knowledge of the film wouldn't 'get'; so to say. You may love it.:D

Back