Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

Compare the state of technology in 1888 to 81 years later, 1969, the year of the first moon landing, and the farce that is your post becomes apparent.

- Sent from my iPhone (which will be obsolete in a year).

Apples and oranges. Comparing the history of technology and asking for Prometheus to be more authentic are not even the same thing.

No, it won't be obsolete in a year. You could use it for five more years it would be just fine. The only way it would be obsolete is if you made it so by wanting to have the next iPhone. Or if carrier service didn't exist, which is doubtful.

No. It really just depends on calling your infantile hyperbole out for what it is. tinister already did that and so am I.

And you're point of view is the only one that matters. :slap

Re: Prometheus - Spoiler thread!

9943279_orig.jpg

8526474_orig.jpg

That's amazing.

:clap:clap:clap

Yeah Lar'jaC3POwhatever.. stop being an angry vajayjay just because the stupid movie you're in love with has more holes in its plot than Milla Jovovich's costume in the Fifth Element.

Your current avatar is perfect on multiple levels. Just thought I'd point that point. :wave
Right, because I'm the one complaining about how many non-existent plot holes the movie has? :rolleyes:

Yeah Lar'jaC3POwhatever.. stop being an angry vajayjay just because the stupid movie you're in love with has more holes in its plot than Milla Jovovich's costume in the Fifth Element.
Not angry, just disappointed.

You're disappointed that the stupid movie you're in love with has more holes in its plot than Milla Jovovich's costume in the Fifth Element? Awesome.

I have been hearing that there are a lot of philosophical ideas touched on in this movie.

I am curious...

do they discuss, at all, how many licks it takes to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

Love this scene. Notice the way the lower part of the trunk rises from underneath the chest plate:

[ame]https://youtu.be/0MzKplwA9eI[/ame]

I'm gauging by the amount of people who have posted in this thread, I can now use my Proto-Xeno sig? :D

Saw the movie yesterday. I liked it o.k. Some observations...

Why did David infect the guy?
Why try to touch a weird ass looking snake thing?
Why did the Engineer attack them?
Why run in a straight line when the horse shoe spacecraft is rolling towards you?
Why open the door to your shipmate, who you found dead, and now is doing the crabwalk from the Exorcist?
The black goo...it just does to many things at random. It creates, destroys, mutates, and resurrects the dead?
Map the place out first before exploring.
The Alien Queen mural on the wall but was the alien popping out of the Engineer a different type?
The human ship why didn't it have any weapons or missile? Wouldn't they think they might need some missile in case of enemies?
Was that a mutated sperm-squid-adventurer?
At the start of the movie, the Engineer drank some black goo to make humans? Wouldn't it make a bunch of alien mutant things first instead of humans?

I still liked it though.

Saw the movie yesterday. I liked it o.k. Some observations...
Just my thoughts...

Why did David infect the guy?
up for debate, but could be as experimentation on what would happen. Or maybe he was instructed by Weyland.

Why try to touch a weird ass looking snake thing?
Agreed, my least favorite scene in the film. Didn't he see what happened to Dennis Nedry in Jurassic Park??

Why did the Engineer attack them?
I'm not sold on simply because they need to kill the humans based on something the humans did in the past. They did create humanity, not sure now why they would want to kill them.

Why run in a straight line when the horse shoe spacecraft is rolling towards you?
Pretty much.

Why open the door to your shipmate, who you found dead, and now is doing the crabwalk from the Exorcist?
They didn't know he was dead, his body was never found.

The black goo...it just does to many things at random. It creates, destroys, mutates, and resurrects the dead?
Don't think it's random, but yes, it does many things.

Map the place out first before exploring.
But then it wouldn't be fun.

The Alien Queen mural on the wall but was the alien popping out of the Engineer a different type?
Not convinced the alien on the mural is a queen, but the head did look similar to that from the Engineer.

The human ship why didn't it have any weapons or missile? Wouldn't they think they might need some missile in case of enemies?
Because it's a science vessel? Yeah, I know the Enterprise is as well and has weapons... Not sure why, but this didn't bother me.

Was that a mutated sperm-squid-adventurer?
Huh?

At the start of the movie, the Engineer drank some black goo to make humans? Wouldn't it make a bunch of alien mutant things first instead of humans? I think the goo behaves differently based on the circumstances.
I imagine originally the goo was created to create life, but maybe the goo mutated, and turned into something to destroy as well. I guess technically it still creates life as it destroys the host (as it did the Engineer), to create squid facehuggers, proto-Xenos, etc... (or humans in the case of the Engineer)

Last edited:

I love how the squiddy thingy in the operating room was able to grow from a fetal size to being a monstrous kraken without any sustenance upon which to grow. Unless it is so adaptable it can feed on surgical steel and cotton swabs.

Back