Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prometheus - Spoiler thread!

So the black goo is a biological weapon. That's in the art book. So there you go.

Fifield is turning into an Alien.

an illegal alien. lolz

what happens when the protoxeno goes skinny dipping in some goo?

^
Steven-tyler-mouth-open.jpg

Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

Something besides Space Jesus....

The cave paintings imply they had visited us before and those were peaceful visitations. Say the last time they did (around 2000 years ago), we murdered one of them... yeah I can see that being a good reason to get pissed at us. :lol

I posted on the cavalorn thread, but not many are commenting there.

I haven't seen many people talking about this in the last 20 pages or so (which is all I read), but:

The title Prometheus provides a greek mythology connection...

Prometheus creates man; Zeus becomes angry with Prometheus for subsequently giving man fire. As the cavalorn post points out, we see many flamethrowers in the movie (Prometheus steals fire and gives it to man).

So, Zeus ultimately gives Epimetheus (Prometheus' brother) a gift, Pandora, the first woman and a JAR (more commonly known as Pandora's box).

In the myth, Epimetheus is "married" to Pandora who proceeds to open the jar and release upon the world all that is harmful to mankind.

What do we see in the movie? Hundreds of jars of black goo filled with a terrible substance that wipes out their race because they unleashed it and couldn't control it.

Are there two factions of Engineers? the "Epimetheus Engineers" who develop this weapon and unleash it, and the "Prometheus Engineers" who sacrificed themselves to create man?

In the movie and as a symbolic reference, Shaw gives birth to the squid facehugger animal, which shows her releasing the evil into the world. --Or, it could simply be that she was the catalyst for opening the jar in the first place because she discovered the cave maps.

So Shaw, a woman or pandora, opens the box/jar and unleashes evil into the world.

I didn't thoroughly think this through, but the idea of those jars is too obvious not to mention.

some references i think are:
water is life...
engineer turns to dust after some cuppa...add water creates new life.(accident or was it intentional i dunno)
insert bible reference regarding clay figure made from miracle mud to living man.

I haven't got to get out and see this yet but this space Jesus thing is annoying.

I'm not offended by it over my faith or anything but can people not read the source material?

Was he murdered? Yes - but that's the point. It wasn't a bad thing. That is why he came. He knew from the beginning of his ministry in Israel that he was going to die and be raised again.

It's just irritating. On top of that he would be the Engineer that "seeded" this planet if you go down that road as he was the one that created the earth in the beginning before he had human form.

Sigh. Still want to see it though :lol

There is only one small thing this blog post might not be 100% correct on is Vickers, because we are not sure if she actually died as Lindelof mentioned in one of his recent interviews that he doesnt have the answer for that yet...:wink1: His quote:

"...Is she a robot?She is not.
But did Vickers somehow survive being smushed by the gigantic rolling horseshoe that was the derelict ship? Could her scantily-clad push-up training have saved her in that final moment of cru____ude? And more importantly, WHY DIDN'T SHE JUST RUN ZIG-ZAGGY OR SIDEWAYS TO AVOID IT?!?
I don't have the answers to these questions, Josh. I'm just the writer."

:lol
So was he being sincere about Vickers or only joking?

I took it as him saying the studio/Ridley might want to bring her back and he doesn't have a definitive answer.

re: Alien3/Alien Resurrection :lol

If theres an extra 30 min. coming in a directors cut I think I will just wait for that, could be the difference between The Abyss and The Abyss Directors Cut it was almost like 2 different movies, one that sucked bad and one that was pretty decent and made ALOT more sense.

Before reading this blog, my thought i wrote a few times the other day was the Engineers were being punished for creating us, just like the titan Prometheus was punished for creating the human race. That the black biological substance turned against them as it created evil.

So i was pretty close :)

I had the thought that maybe Zeus in this equation was the Xenomoprhs because I don't completely understand the altar area. Why is there a huge space jockey head located there along with a mural of a queen alien? Is that space jockey head a "Space Jesus" monument that they are so pissed about us killing?

Were they worshipping the Xenos as their God, and the Xenos are the ones punishing them for creating the human race?

And outside, there was a sphinx-like structure that was shaped like a Xeno head I thought.

Any ideas?

Save face for killing space Jesus! :lol

What sounds better...

"Space Jesus died because we murdered his creepy looking ass"

or

"He died for us!"

Back