Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

Great theory. But there's a problem with, and a problem in general with that whole plot point.
Which leads to the second problem..
And just in general, a lot of this movie's plot sounds like Star Gate. :lol

Yeah, it makes no sense what so ever. But let's theorize:

Spoiler Spoiler:

My best guess is that no one even thought about it, it's just a minor (in terms of script, major in lameness) plot device to drive the movie up to speed. :ohbfrank:

Last edited:

Just popping in to say I can't wait till this weekend. Gonna go see it in IMAX 3D. Saw the promo shot today of Charlize about to flamethrower one of the crew after being possibly infected.

Spoiler Spoiler:

On this I quote myself from the earlier posts:
Spoiler Spoiler:

and:
Spoiler Spoiler:

It's a mess.

I guess the main problem is there are no actual interesting answers to anything much in the movie, even it's own plot let alone the deeper thematic material it looked like it was going to deal with.

It's a mess, an irritating entertaining beautiful mess.

Last edited:

Great theory. But there's a problem with, and a problem in general with that whole plot point.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Which leads to the second problem..

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

In the theatre about to give it a second go.
Interesting to see if the potholes get bigger or smaller on second viewing.

earth as we know was created about 2100 years ago

Please tell me this is a typo. :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

That actually makes A LOT of sense.

So after second viewing, lots of issues. Acting: Idris and Pace are painful, Theron & Fassbender are excellent.

Spoiler Spoiler:

But it's still the coolest looking movie in years. I'm gonna keep prefacing my negative comments with that. It's well worth seeing.

That actually makes A LOT of sense.

"We are the gods now."

pearce_article.jpg

Rorywan..the movie doesn't come out in USA until the 8th. WHAT IS WITH YOUR SIGNATURE?

What? This pumpkin?

I really don't understand the double standards in here. The Avengers threads were FULL of every conceivable spoiler before the film opened outside of the US.
But considering millions of people worldwide have now seen Prometheus outside the US, it's somehow different?
Hmm..someone explain please?

Anyway. Fixed.
:)

Re: Prometheus SUPER Spoilers!

Rorywan your spot on with all those plot holes, the characters were pretty stupid too! That bit when there trying to outrun the rolling spaceship and none of them were bright enough to run sideways to avoid it! :slap

Yeah, I actually thought that on the second viewing. If a 3 tonne doughnut is going to drop on you, you should work out where the hole will hit!
:rotfl

It actually looked closer to Sil from Species.
Nah.. Ben 10...
prometheusprotoalienjpg.jpg
prometheusprotoalien2jpg.jpg
prometheusprotoalien3jpg.jpg
:lol

Last edited:

Yes it is I'm afraid.:1-1:

@%$$@.

Good thing I didn't go into the Super Spoiler thread.:dunno Cheers to the people who are considerate enough to use tags/avoid outright spoilers.

What? This pumpkin?

I really don't understand the double standards in here. The Avengers threads were FULL of every conceivable spoiler before the film opened outside of the US.
But considering millions of people worldwide have now seen Prometheus outside the US, it's somehow different?

Anyway. Fixed.

Please, you obviously knew what you were doing. You've had your Halloween sig/avi forever and then you suddenly decide to put a massive spoiler image in your sig? Millions of people haven't seen the movie and there's an open spoiler thread separate from this one. Damage done. Thanks. :wave

And yeah I know it's partially my fault for coming in here but considering there is a spoiler-specific thread and most people here seem considerate about tags it's pretty clear it wasn't an innocent misunderstanding. I guess after 6 years I finally figured out why people use the ignore function.

What? This pumpkin?

Anyway. Fixed.

yeah you totally screw us up bro, that's not cool, I was like, wtf is that? why? :slap

What? This pumpkin?

Anyway. Fixed.
I don't remember the Avengers thread being full of spoilers, but I never really knew/cared about Avengers lore anyway.

Either way though.. That's no excuse to spoil everyone. Can you just wait a few weeks? It's not that hard.
CelticP even made a whole other thread specifically for spoilers because he didn't want to be spoiled by say..some random person who decides to use a MASSIVE spoiler as their signature three damn days before the movie is released here.. That's got to tell you somthing.

Common courtesy and sense...

Please tell me this is a typo. :lol

Not a typo, a speculation. And definitely not my world view.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back