Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

I plan on seeing it next Friday regardless if people bail or not. And now that it is out in the UK, the wait feels like it's 10 times longer now. Up to this point I've successfully evaded seeing all trailers and snippets (except for the first teaser, the TED speech, and the David vid), but I fear that this week will be the hardest!

Spoiler Spoiler:
I think 33 years was long enough to look forward to in the first place! (not that ive been alive for all of them)

Spoiler Spoiler:
Prometheus was originally going to be two movies anyway. And it's obvious now that Ridley has planned on making a sequel all along.

I really don't mind there being more questions then answers, or the movie not wrapping up traditionally. In fact, I think I will like it this way more. I like the thought of it always being open, mysterious..there always being many questions still unanswered.

I should watch the movie first though. :lol

I remember rumblings of it being a 2 parter back in the olden days when everybody thought the Jockeys would be making blokes shag each other for a laugh. But during interviews and on the Sky movies Prometheus special that was on TV before Ridley said he wants to do the sequel. I just dont think making a movie based around speculation and not tieing up its own loose ends by the end of it is the way to do things. Answer all your questions then set up a new scenario at the end incase you do not get a 2nd shot at explaining it.

so do the space jockeys come aboard the ship and try killing the team?

The only problem with planned sequels is, if the first movie bombs here in the states then there goes the sequels. Which leaves everyone hanging who invested their time in watching the first part.

Pandorum with Dennis Quaid was supposed to be a trilogy until the first movie tanked. :lol

I enjoyed that!

I watched all of Mortal Kombat Konquest. It was not good but i powered through it. Only to get to the end and Shao Khan killed everybody and they stayed dead because it didnt get revived for a new series where they were to come back. Boooo.

The only problem with planned sequels is, if the first movie bombs here in the states then there goes the sequels. Which leaves everyone hanging who invested their time in watching the first part.

Pandorum with Dennis Quaid was supposed to be a trilogy until the first movie tanked. :lol

I Loved the hell out of Pandorum, it was awesome i loved it

Preorder the Blu-ray (either 2D or 3D) from Amazon, and they will give you a free ticket to see the movie.

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Prometheus-Blu-ray-DVD-Digital-Copy/dp/B0085Z8F4A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1338589407&sr=8-2"]https://www.amazon.com/Prometheus-Blu-ray-DVD-Digital-Copy/dp/B0085Z8F4A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1338589407&sr=8-2[/ame]

Re: Prometheus SUPER Spoilers!

Just back from seeing this and i loved it, the only dissapointing thing for me was that there wasn't enough scares, and Fassbender was aswesome as usual.

If you loved Alien (not Aliens) I cannot see why you would not at least like Promethus. Personally I loved it. There is Alien DNA all over this movie. But it does leave alot of questions I would say there will be a sequel. I would place it behind Alien but ahead of Aliens.

Just back from this. I loved it. If your a fan of Alien you will enjoy this movie. 3D is a complete waste of money however. Stick with 2D. I'll go and see it again without the annoyance of inferior 3D.

Well I have seen it and thought it was excellent, I doubt the AVP boys will like though.
I love how David styled himself on a well know movie character. Fassbender was the best thing in it for me.

I see someone said they preferred AVP to this. Shakes head in disbelief.

I didn't hate AVP all that much, Although I hated most of the characters but I think it had some pretty good moments.

There is ANOTHER tread for Spoilers for this movie already, Do We really need TWO spoiler threads???

Seriously, has FassBossBender ever sucked in ANY movie!? That dude is the cat's meow.

Back