Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

I seriously want to see this now, I must some how make time. My week end is packed out & so's the rest of the week. Always the way

Maybe i missed something or it will get explained/shown in a possible sequel but

Spoiler Spoiler:

Maybe i missed something or it will get explained/shown in a possible sequel but

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

OK this is my take on the ending and it's connection to Alien

Spoiler Spoiler:

I really hope this movie gets a sequel, it deserves one.

I don't see how it couldn't get a sequel at this point.

I see someone said they preferred AVP to this. Shakes head in disbelief.
In 8 years time lets see if Prometheus is still as talked about as AVP, Merch selling as well AVP and has all the fanfic creations and Video Games of AVP.

But i will forgive the first day hype about this movie. Everybody always either loves it or hates it then give it some time and then they can be calculated and make a defined opinion.

There is simply no comparison. One is a poor excuse for a video game which pissed all over two franchises and the other is a thought provoking prequel (of sorts) to a classic. It's a movie that can be watched a number of times and still leave question marks.

Oh and I somewhat enjoyed AVP for what it was.

i agree that the usual maniacs will hail this movie as the best thing ever, just because of its background. i think it'll take a few weeks/months before we get level-headed opinions.

but i definitely prefer it to AVP.

Re: Prometheus SUPER Spoilers!

I'm really looking forward to this one! I was only 9 when I saw Scott's original Alien for the 1st time! I had a cool mother that loved horror & sci-fi as much as I did back then and horror movies never scared me. In fact, I was more impressed by the film's imagery and mystery than anything else. Again, I was only 9 too!

Now I'm 42 and Scott is finally making another! :yess: Its been a long wait which I'm sure will be worth it. Let's face it, I doubt Scott will be around for another 30 years to make another. (I can't guarantee I'll be around that long either!)

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

How can you compare this to AVP ?. :cuckoo:
AVP was pretty bad , I thought that was the impression the first day it came out and it's the same now. Sure it's a fun film to watch with some cool designs but that's about it.

How can you compare this to AVP ?. :cuckoo:
AVP was pretty bad , I thought that was the impression the first day it came out and it's the same now. Sure it's a fun film to watch with some cool designs but that's about it.

totally agree. AVP was fun but it felt cheap. not necessarily in the way it was made, but the way it treated these great movie icons. prometheus at least had some very interesting philosophy behind it, it was well-directed and the performances were better too.

totally agree. AVP was fun but it felt cheap. not necessarily in the way it was made, but the way it treated these great movie icons. prometheus at least had some very interesting philosophy behind it, it was well-directed and the performances were better too.

I agree, AVP being pg13 also ruined itself with the quick cuts before a kill, that was awful, i agree it felt cheap,

Something else I wanted to mention. Who else had that massive Spider-man spoiler trailer before the movie started? I am really looking forward to Spider-man, but I don't want to see that much of it before it comes out.

Something else I wanted to mention. Who else had that massive Spider-man spoiler trailer before the movie started? I am really looking forward to Spider-man, but I don't want to see that much of it before it comes out.

sadly, that seems to be the way most trailers are heading these days and i hate it. started noticing it with the a-team trailer - all the best action set pieces are in it. and if you watch the unstoppable one, it pretty much summarizes the entire film in 3mins. it's almost like studios think we're too stupid to decide if we want to watch the movie, unless we know everything about it going in. sucks.

We got The Dark Knight Rises and The Hobbit. The hobbit trailer was 3d.

sadly, that seems to be the way most trailers are heading these days and i hate it. started noticing it with the a-team trailer - all the best action set pieces are in it. and if you watch the unstoppable one, it pretty much summarizes the entire film in 3mins. it's almost like studios think we're too stupid to decide if we want to watch the movie, unless we know everything about it going in. sucks.

Seriously this one had a full seen of when Peter meets Gwen, then it shows other scenes in some length, I swear it was about 8 mins long.
This really sucks if this is the future. It might also be that The Avengers has everybody scared and that's why they are going into over-hype?

We got The Dark Knight Rises and The Hobbit. The hobbit trailer was 3d.

Yeah we got the Dark Knight too, and I saw the Hobbit one before Avengers.

Back