Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

AVP movies aren't canon. Never was and never will be.
Prometheus isn't canon. Never was and never will be.
Everyone is happy. Or dumb (and still happy bcuz of it).

I thought the whole point of Prometheus was to tie into the first alien movie .

"I just saw ‪#Prometheus‬ last night -- it was AWESOME," posted Alex Billington from FirstShowing.net. "Loved it. Truly breathtaking, incredible, spectacular, thrilling sci-fi at its best."

It does supply enough visual spectacle, tense action and sticky, slithery " monster attacks to hit the spot with thrill-seeking audiences worldwide. " Todd McCarthy Hollywood Reporter

Some positive reviews. Critics don't make a great movie so there's no way I'm letting the guys who didn't enjoy the movie as much as they wanted to drop my expectations. I'm not expecting anything like Alien although it seems like many critics are comparing the two.
I can already tell by the trailers alone that the tone and pace of the movie will differ.

I've read Alien received mixed reviews when it was released and these classic movies don't have the fans and status they do through critics. It's just one persons opinion. I don't like many classic movies but they're still classics, I honestly don't think fans of the Alien universe are going to be disappointed by this and I don't think the general audience will be either , unless of course they're expecting a flawless masterpiece ( which is a bad idea with any movie imo ) and that's what's important at the end of the day.
One thing I'm really happy to read is that the 3d is apparently brilliant and that's been the biggest concern for me.

At the end of the day even if it's not up there with Alien and Aliens this a prequel from Ridley Scott to Alien and the reviews I've read so far have me even more excited personally.

I hope I'm right !. :rotfl

Well. Since this movie is what my whole life has been about. Since everything has been leading up to this..

If it indeed is..not that great, I might have to kill myself.

That's what happens when you look forward to a film so much; it usually let's you down.

I gotta say, from everything I've read so far, this movie sounds lame as all hell. I'm sure it'll look good, but the plot sounds craptacular.

GETTTT OUT OF THIS THREAD DAMN YOU!!! Ahghhhhahahhahugh!

Re: Prometheus NON US Resident thread: Spoilers!

BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP ! Contain yourselves here! You're infected with awesome. :(

Are people really saying this is worse than AvP? I don't see how that's possible.

GETTTT OUT OF THIS THREAD DAMN YOU!!! Ahghhhhahahhahugh!

Sorry CP I don't think anyone wants to use that thread you created. All talk should be in this thread and people spoiling things should be dealt with as always.

Re: Prometheus NON US Resident thread: Spoilers!

I´m gonna watch this movie tomorrow, can´t hardly wait, guys!

Yeah, until someone spills something important. It happened before. It will happen again. It's just a question of when....
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3nyn_yZQ98[/ame]

Indeed. Worse then Res and AvP-R.

That's like...VAN IN THE RIVER....

Back