Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

The trailer was better than AVP.

This, one of my favorite sci fi movies out of the Alien/Predators sci fi line is Predators so I know alot of people probably think I should not say much about the franchise, but I just can't see anything being worse than the AVP movies. :dunno

I just don't see how Prometheus could be that bad, its got a killer cast. I hope when it comes out I'm stunned by its awesomeness.

Spider-Man 3 didn't ruin 6 movies in one single blow.

Re: Prometheus NON US Resident thread: Spoilers!

I just saw it and I can't find words to describe it other than "bitter disappointment".

If you think, like me, that Alien is one of the greatest films ever made then do yourself a favor, don't watch Prometheus.

04.jpg

In a way that somebody wants to spoil a movie for themselves by reading about the plot, rather than waiting to see what happens until they actual go and watch the movie.

Knowing about a movie (plot, twists, etc.) ahead of time doesn't ruin the experience for me. I knew everything about Inception before I saw it and I still thoroughly enjoyed it (rated it 10/10).

Like I said, I'm sure it'll look good and I may or may not enjoy it when I see it (who knows!?) but that has nothing to do with my opinion about the plot. Even if I end up loving the flick when I see it I'll still say the plot sucks, unless the plot outline that's available now is fake!?

I am kind of glad that reviews are somewhat mixed for this. Helps bring down the expectations a bit that it will be a perfect movie. And Alien 3 got really mixed to horrible reviews and I still loved it. Seems a lot of what people don't like are that it "isn't enough" like Ridley Scott didn't overcrowd his movie with ideas. Let's all remember that Alien isn't exactly 2001 as far as ideas presented on film. But it's terrific and I am still expecting to find a lot to like about Prometheus. I think people are expecting RS to save Science Fiction on film and give us God in a box. Maybe let's just hope for a worthy sci fi film that adds some depth to a 30 year old film.

Knowing about a movie (plot, twists, etc.) ahead of time doesn't ruin the experience for me. I knew everything about Inception before I saw it and I still thoroughly enjoyed it (rated it 10/10).

Like I said, I'm sure it'll look good and I may or may not enjoy it when I see it (who knows!?) but that has nothing to do with my opinion about the plot. Even if I end up loving the flick when I see it I'll still say the plot sucks, unless the plot outline that's available now is fake!?

I was just pulling your leg anyway, I was not being that serious as I read up on movies too.

Empire have given it 3 stars out of 5

Verdict
Buffeted by a lack of suspense, threadbare characters, and a very poor script, the stunning visuals, gloopy madness, and sterling Fassbenderiness can’t prevent Prometheus feeling like Alien’s poor relation.

I don't think this is ____ty like AVPr or AVP, but it I have a feeling this is going to be just a good film that is forgettable, which is still disappointing.

I just saw it and I can't find words to describe it other than "bitter disappointment".

If you think, like me, that Alien is one of the greatest films ever made then do yourself a favor, don't watch Prometheus.

Really? How comes? Spoil me please.

Predictably enough.

I know. That's what I said. AvP ruined 6 movies in one single blow.

Reading about these reviews is dissapointing me. I was expecting the second coming. Oh well, I still think it will be good.

Reading about these reviews is dissapointing me. I was expecting the second coming. Oh well, I still think it will be good.
This is funny because I was actually about to say that I think the majority of people are disappointed because they were expecting the second coming. :lol

I'm kinda relieved that it's not getting perfect reviews, now my expectations are drastically dropping and I may enjoy it much more.

Either way, if it's atleast better than AvP, and I can't imagine it not being so, then I will be happy.

I think the comparison's between this and AVP are because:

Plot Spoilers!
Spoiler Spoiler:

Plot Spoilers!
Spoiler Spoiler:

Also because both feature dudes
Spoiler Spoiler:

...both end up exploring inside a previously unknown pyramid-like structure that turns out to be an alien trap. Vickers' and Alexa's "I'm the leader, it's my job to do this and that" speech, etc.

I'm pretty sure there are many more smaller similarities between the two.

Plot Spoilers!
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Word is movie sucks to just ok, 3D is awesome.

doh!

But everyone knows that already based on the past few pages. :slap

Just call me Mr. Obvious. :lol

Last edited:
Back