Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prometheus NON US Resident thread: Spoilers!

So when is this going to be released in the US, UK? I finally saw a preview last week for the Australian release, which is the 7th.

Re: Prometheus NON US Resident thread: Spoilers!

But most likely Dave or someone will delete it and my plan will be regarded as a failure, and everyone will laugh and call me horrible names. :(

If someone could PM me when this starts I would really appreciate it. I most definitely don't wanna miss out on the fun.

Thnx.

Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

Seeing this first showing on Friday morning. :rock

Next Wednesday. 6 PM. The ____ goes down. :rock

My excitement level for this is next to that of TDKR. A prequel to the best Alien film. Can't wait.

I have 2 friends that worked on the film and they are going to the cast and crew screening.
Wish I could go to that!
:mad:

Im just waiting for the blu-ray to come out until i watch this.

I have 2 friends that worked on the film and they are going to the cast and crew screening.
Wish I could go to that!
:mad:

I gotta buddy that works on a lot of these; should ask him if he had any connection to this one. He worked on Alien 4 and while the movie sucked, seeing the actual Alien props that were used for close ups was one of the geek highlights for me.....

Kinda hate asking people that work behind the scenes; after a time, its a job, and kinda kills the excitement if they tell ya on some, 'don't believe the hype, this one sucks'

Sounds like the early reviews from Europe are calling this an adequate, satisfactory three star film.

Just saw this yesterday evening here in Belgium and I have to say... I liked it, but it wasn't great.

Don't go in expecting this to be some kind of deep space scifi-horror, cat&mouse sort-a-thing, because that's not it. I was less on the edge of my seat then I would have expected.

Sure, it raises some interesting questions about where we came from and who created us, and of course there is some scary ____ in there... but it never really takes off IMO.

Fassbender and Rapace were great, the rest are kinda flat characters.

And about whether this is a prequel to Alien or not... :

Spoiler Spoiler:

And is there an alien/xenomorph in this movie?, well...
(don't read this if you don't want to know the ending!)

Spoiler Spoiler:

Conclusion? Good (but not great) scifi movie, interesting themes, great visuals and excellent 3d. Just don't go in too much with Alien-expectations, and try to see this as something fresh...

Last edited:

Well. Since this movie is what my whole life has been about. Since everything has been leading up to this..

If it indeed is..not that great, I might have to kill myself.

This movie sounds more and more and more like AVP by the day. The basic plot that gets the team to assemble to go and find the ancient civilization that shaped us?

Spoiler Spoiler:

So far from whats been reported i prefer the AVP approach to how we came to be.

I kind of feel suckered into the other peoples AVP bashing claiming this will be how a movie is made. Only to find it receiving mediocre reviews and IMO sounding worse than AVP.

Of course ill wait until i actually see it to give an official judging.

But such claims as AVP doesnt exist ect and this IS in Alien canon is too much of a statement to make if once it comes out it gets a luke warm reception. Dont shoot yourselves in the foot by putting down the AVP franchise until you know you've made something better.

Last edited:

Well. Since this movie is what my whole life has been about. Since everything has been leading up to this..

If it indeed is..not that great, I might have to kill myself.

Well, your life is a lie :lol

This movie sounds more and more and more like AVP by the day. The basic plot that gets the team to assemble to go and find the ancient civilization that shaped us?

Spoiler Spoiler:

So far from whats been reported i prefer the AVP approach to how we came to be.

I kind of feel suckered into the other peoples AVP bashing claiming this will be how a movie is made. Only to find it receiving mediocre reviews and IMO sounding worse than AVP.

Of course ill wait until i actually see it to give an official judging.

But such claims as AVP doesnt exist ect and this IS in Alien canon is too much of a statement to make if once it comes out it gets a luke warm reception. Dont shoot yourselves in the foot by putting down the AVP franchise until you know you've made something better.

Well, to say it's worse than the AVP franchise is a bit harsh. Prometheus is not a perfect film, but showcases some excellent ideas. AVP was just... stupid.

I think many people will just go in expecting that same claustrophobic horror-feeling we all got from Alien, and maybe getting some answers about who the space jockeys where.
Well, there are some answers, but even more questions :lol And like I said before, there's not that much of that deep space horror stuff, but that doesn't make it a 'bad' film per se...

But it is still a good scifi film and way better than AVP :lecture

Back