Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

OMHO the thing I hope they are careful about is over using the Space Jockeys. This is a good example of where less is more. At the end of the film they should still be enigmatic and mysterious. We shouldn't have all the answers and we shouldn't even be close to understanding their motivations. Most of all, I don't want Jockeys running around and acting like oversize action heroes. Xenomorphs are for the action/tension scenes.

Theres only one way to settle it.

Space Jockey Vs Predator.

Make the movie!

Jockey fan boys would be pissed, Pred fan boys would be pissed and for some reason whenever they make a new movie that centres on one or the other they want to pretend that their arch nemesis doesnt exist at all!

and all of this is off of a tiny screen shot of a dead Jockey in the original Alien :cuckoo:

You can oversimplify anything into being trivial.

Why does Boba Fett have fans? He watched a guy get stuck in an ice cube and then he was eaten by a thing in the desert floor.

See?

You can oversimplify anything into being trivial.

Why does Boba Fett have fans? He watched a guy get stuck in an ice cube and then he was eaten by a thing in the desert floor.

See?

at least Boba has been seen in action. You guys say Jockeys are the best thing ever, yet they have never even been shown except for a small glimpse of a dead one, so basically, your saying a dead corpse is the best thing ever created :lol. There's no argument to be made until they're actually seen in action.

OMHO the thing I hope they are careful about is over using the Space Jockeys. This is a good example of where less is more. At the end of the film they should still be enigmatic and mysterious. We shouldn't have all the answers and we shouldn't even be close to understanding their motivations. Most of all, I don't want Jockeys running around and acting like oversize action heroes. Xenomorphs are for the action/tension scenes.
Completely agree..I want SOME questions answered, but I want them to add new ones... The Jockeys need to be shrouded in mystery.

I think of them as these incredibly ancient, god-like creatures that are now almost extinct. Creating lifeforms, creating worlds, technology so far ahead of Predators that they are basically gnats in comarison...

I said no such thing.

I said
Space Jockeys > Predators.

Then then again
Most Things > Predators

It's honestly not a very high bar to meet. :rotfl
Hey now...

I'd say along with the Aliens, Predators are among the most unique and interesting creatures ever created.

Poster!

prometheus_untagged.jpg

Now THAT'S a nice poster!!
MUCH better than the TDKR "fan-made" one!!
:clap!!!

I said no such thing.

I said
Space Jockeys > Predators.

Then then again
Most Things > Predators

It's honestly not a very high bar to meet. :rotfl

well I guess Larja did, but Aliens are basically 7ft tall cockroaches, so if you feel that's a superior creature to Predators, then oh well :nana: :dunno

Hey now...

I'd say along with the Aliens, Predators are among the most unique and interesting creatures ever created.

I thought this wasn't a thread for Predator fanboys, why so serious? :rotfl

well I guess Larja did, but Aliens are basically 7ft tall cockroaches, so if you feel that's a superior creature to Predators, then oh well :nana: :dunno

I thought this wasn't a thread for Predator fanboys, why so serious? :rotfl
I said "Jockeys > all"..how serious could you take that?

And 7 foot cockroaches? We're not talking Winston/Cameron Aliens here..we're talking about Giger's Biomechanical masterpiece...which doesn't resemble a bug whatsoever.

And..no, I don't consider myself a "fanboy". Fanboys, imo, are those who are completely loyal to somthing, and will unfairly bash it's competition..etc.

For example, calling Giger's Alien a 7 foot Cockroach.

I love the Predator and Alien equally, and have since the time I was born..but the Aliens are more unique imo, because of the design, and whole Derelict/Space Jockey history.

I didn't take it seriously cause it doesn't make sense to say a character is better then another when nobody has even seen it in action. Since I have Alien collectibles, how does that make me a Predator fanboy?

I didn't take it seriously cause it doesn't make sense to say a character is better then another when nobody has even seen it in action. Since I have Alien collectibles, how does that make me a Predator fanboy?
Obviously you did take it seriously..because now you're taking everything else so damn seriously.

If the Jockeys did indeed create Humans, and Xenomorphs...

Jockeys > Predators

I'm not saying "Jockeys are cooler than Predators, harhar"..just saying that they are most likely far superior than Predators..and that post wasn't even meant to be taken seriously at all so why am I explaining this..

are there any concept art for the aliens in the film?

It's all being kept under wraps until you see the movie, or come really close to the days following up to it's release.

I don't know if you saw this interview posted on avpgalaxy.net, but it is an interview by sigourney weaver. She basically states Prometheus is an alien prequel and the xenomorph is in it. Or some form of it. Though she refers to charlize theron as the main lead. here it is.. enjoy! https://blogs.indiewire.com/theplay...alien-3?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Back