Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

DAMN! Thought this post would be the trailer release. :(

Poster looks awesome, though it could have been so much better.

they prolly don't want to show too much until ppl go and see the movie. The mystery is what will make me want to see it more. That's what made the original Predator and Alien films so great, besides the creatures themselves of course. That's the problem with most monster movies these days, they're shown too much.

so will the predator series too fit into this, i mean they showed the predators were tied to the egyptian culture in alien v predator, would be a great storyline if they provide a decent connection to it. too

so will the predator series too fit into this, i mean they showed the predators were tied to the egyptian culture in alien v predator, would be a great storyline if they provide a decent connection to it. too

GTFO!:pfft::monkey3

they prolly don't want to show too much until ppl go and see the movie. The mystery is what will make me want to see it more. That's what made the original Predator and Alien films so great, besides the creatures themselves of course. That's the problem with most monster movies these days, they're shown too much.
I assume you have not seen the leaked trailer because it didn't show ____..it was just insanely awesome.

I want the official one now, and apparently it's supposed to be here any day.

No. That's the AvP franchise. This is the Alien franchise. This movie has nothing to do with the Predator.
It's a prequel to Ridely Scott's 1979 movie..Alien, which came out about 8-9 years before the Predator even existed.

For me, the Alien and Predator will always be in the same universe..but I don't want ANYTHING Predator related in this movie..and there won't be.

Well, duscuss that somewhere else. Because it ain't happening.

Predators don't, and have never existed in the Alien universe. That. Is. A Fact. :D

Well, duscuss that somewhere else. Because it ain't happening.

Predators don't, and have never existed in the Alien universe. That. Is. A Fact. :D

i dunno maybe the predators show up in the end to war with the beings who set aliend upon earth, we need some heavy duty back up u see, or waut maybe there will be the GL corps :dunno

i dunno maybe the predators show up in the end to war with the beings who set aliend upon earth, we need some heavy duty back up u see, or waut maybe there will be the GL corps :dunno

I want to assume you're joking. I definitely don't want to talk about Predator ____ in an Alien thread, or vice versa. The AvP franchise has left it's mark, and spat on both franchises it did.

For me, the Alien and Predator will always be in the same universe..but I don't want ANYTHING Predator related in this movie..and there won't be.
I will always see them as being in the same universe too. And the fact there has been 2 cross over movie's with Predator's and Predator 2 had a Xeno skull and that Weyland Yutani was getting set up in the AVP franchise to tie it with the Alien franchise it's something that will always pop up from now on.

I do not really care the slightest if there is anything Predator in the movie and im not expecting it at all because there doesnt need to be. It is a Space Jockey and probably Xeno movie. But, at the same time i would not mind if there were some tiniest of nods. We do not need to see a Predator or any of its tech in a wreckage or whatever but story could dictate such a throw away line as " we are not alone in the Universe, there are multiple technologically advanced Alien races out there " or something and that would be vague enough but satisfying enough to be a Predator nod to me.

But again, i would not feel jipped at all if there wasnt to be. Im just really happy to get some Jockeys.

I will always see them as being in the same universe too. And the fact there has been 2 cross over movie's with Predator's and Predator 2 had a Xeno skull and that Weyland Yutani was getting set up in the AVP franchise to tie it with the Alien franchise it's something that will always pop up from now on.

I do not really care the slightest if there is anything Predator in the movie and im not expecting it at all because there doesnt need to be. It is a Space Jockey and probably Xeno movie. But, at the same time i would not mind if there were some tiniest of nods. We do not need to see a Predator or any of its tech in a wreckage or whatever but story could dictate such a throw away line as " we are not alone in the Universe, there are multiple technologically advanced Alien races out there " or something and that would be vague enough but satisfying enough to be a Predator nod to me.

But again, i would not feel jipped at all if there wasnt to be. Im just really happy to get some Jockeys.
u just said wat i had to say in a more complex serious way i would have liked my post to be:exactly:

I don't even want any nods to the Predator..and once again, there won't be. There should be absolutely NOTHING Predator related in this movie.

Like I said, for me, the Alien and Predator will always be together..but for this movie..it just doesn't work. No predators, no small "Yeah, like those camouflaged creatures in Rodger's report on Ryushi", no nothing.

I just don't want to think about a friggin Predator when I'm going to see the ALIEN prequel that I have been waiting for all my life.

All Xenomorph, all Scott, all Jockey, all Giger.

All Alien...

Back