Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

I really hate the name xenomorph. There is no xenomorph.

Let me explain.

In Aliens Gorman says "A xenomorph may be involved."

Maybe you people haven't been keeping up on current events but they got their asses kicked!

I was a Marine. We prepared for everything. We did things so many times that you would get bored while training. Night, then day, then again, and again until the mission was second nature.

If a xenomorph was "involved" the Marines would have been ready for it. They weren't.

Even Hudson admitted it was a "bug hunt" after assuming Gorman was correct in his assumption.

I know some fans like the name for some reason. However it is like calling water fire. There is no connection. So far the creature is simply an alien. Or thee alien. There is no ____ing xenomorph. :lecture

Last edited:

Some form of the xenomorph... considering there a chest hole in a space jockey I'll be very interested to see what that hybrid looks like.
A long time ago someone said they saw the original Giger Alien suits on set, and I think within the past few weeks there was another mention of them on AvPGalaxy...

I also remember reading some article saying that the the Jockey-bursted Xenos would be at the end of the movie..can't wait to see those behemoths

..and Badmoon, you lost me. :dunno

A long time ago someone said they saw the original Giger Alien suits on set, and I think within the past few weeks there was another mention of them on AvPGalaxy...

I also remember reading some article saying that the the Jockey-bursted Xenos would be at the end of the movie..can't wait to see those behemoths

..and Badmoon, you lost me. :dunno

That's the problem. :cuckoo:

It's very simple. I don't mean to be rude. However a xenomorph doesn't exist in the Alien franchise. Sure it is a name thrown around. However it simply doesn't exist.

..It's just a name many people refer to the Alien as because it has been called that by various people in the franchise.

Just found this through Google:

The term Xenomorph is derived from the greek words xeno ("stranger", "alien", sometimes "foreigner") and morphe ("form", "shape").

I understand it's not the equivalent to calling us Humans or anything..that it's not their official, scientific name..

..kinda like calling a Predator..a Predator.

Am I still missing your point? :lol

It's an unofficial name for something that has no official name beyond "alien"

It's better than calling it pen|shead.

..It's just a name many people refer to the Alien as because it has been called that by various people in the franchise.

Just found this through Google:

The term Xenomorph is derived from the greek words xeno ("stranger", "alien", sometimes "foreigner") and morphe ("form", "shape").

I understand it's not the equivalent to calling us Humans or anything..that it's not their official, scientific name..

..kinda like calling a Predator..a Predator.

Am I still missing your point? :lol

Yes you are to be honest. When Gorman says a Xenomorph may be involved and Hudson replies bug hunt one makes the assumption that they have been through that scenario before. Not only been through it, but that the task of taking them down was so easy it bored them almost.

Then as we all know they get their asses handed to them by something the WERE NOT expecting. So it couldn't have been a xenomorph.

That said, yes. I would rather them call it a peni s head. At least that name has some truth behind it considering Giger's artwork. :rotfl:yess:

Some form of the xenomorph... considering there a chest hole in a space jockey I'll be very interested to see what that hybrid looks like.

As well as act and think like... This will be one of the gods/engineers it's busted out of...

Will it be smart..?

Not only that but what happened to it?

Yep.

You do know that the original back story for the Alien was that it was only agressive for a short period at the beggining of it's life, right? It would then turn into a passive creature with intelligence and full of culture.

Dan O'bannon said that it was only killing the crew of the Nostromo because it was afraid. It had been born on that ship, all it knew was that ship.. It never knew it's own kind. It was uneducated. Ignorant.

You do know that the original back story for the Alien was that it was only agressive for a short period at the beggining of it's life, right? It would then turn into a passive creature with intelligence and full of culture.

Interesting. I hadn't heard that before.

Rather hard to reconcile with the design they ultimately used, sounds like a pre-Giger idea. Everything about the final design is primal and sinister.

I don't see it ever reading 'War and Peace' or attending a wine and cheese party.

Interesting. I hadn't heard that before.

Rather hard to reconcile with the design they ultimately used, sounds like a pre-Giger idea. Everything about the final design is primal and sinister.

I don't see it ever reading 'War and Peace' or attending a wine and cheese party.

Haha! So true.

BTW - anyone who wants to get lost for a few hours (or days) there's a great section concerning Alien props and models at Propsummit.com - https://www.propsummit.com/viewforum.php?f=28

Some of the original model builders from Alien post there and they have pictures I've never seen anywhere else. Good stuff.

Yes you are to be honest. When Gorman says a Xenomorph may be involved and Hudson replies bug hunt one makes the assumption that they have been through that scenario before. Not only been through it, but that the task of taking them down was so easy it bored them almost.

Then as we all know they get their asses handed to them by something the WERE NOT expecting. So it couldn't have been a xenomorph.

That said, yes. I would rather them call it a peni s head. At least that name has some truth behind it considering Giger's artwork. :rotfl:yess:
I think I get what you're saying..

Gorman WAS talking about the pen!s heads. Not some other species they had encountered before.

Hudson replies with "bug hunt" because he thinks that Gorman and the..higher ups really don't know what they're up against.
NOT because they have gone against "Xenomorphs" before. The Aliens are the only creature known as that..I assume that they just never came up with an official name for the Aliens, and Xenomorph was temporary due to the whole "Alien/foreigner/stranger-form/shape" meaning, and it just stuck..

Point is, when Paxton says "bug hunt", he's not implying that they're going up against some Alien creature..he's just saying that it's going to be an annoying, difficult mission with little to no information on it..

Do you understand?

Like, "Ah, great, it's a bug hunt" = "Ah, great, they don't really know what's going on down there"

I think I get what you're saying..

Gorman WAS talking about the pen!s heads. Not some other species they had encountered before.

Hudson replies with "bug hunt" because he thinks that Gorman and the..higher ups really don't know what they're up against.
NOT because they have gone against "Xenomorphs" before. The Aliens are the only creature known as that..I assume that they just never came up with an official name for the Aliens, and Xenomorph was temporary due to the whole "Alien/foreigner/stranger-form/shape" meaning, and it just stuck..

Point is, when Paxton says "bug hunt", he's not implying that they're going up against some Alien creature..he's just saying that it's going to be an annoying, difficult mission with little to no information on it..

Do you understand?

Like, "Ah, great, it's a bug hunt" = "Ah, great, they don't really know what's going on down there"

I respectfully disagree. :lecture

"Is this going to be a stand up fight sir? Or another bug hunt?"

He is actually let down when Gorman mentions "Xenomorph". As in saying yep another weak ass battle against some stupid bugs we have dealt with before.

It is not correct in calling the Aliens Xenomorphs. It wasn't what they expected and unfortunately for Hudson he got his stand up fight.

Back