Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those that have the 1/4 T-800, does yours have a loose torso joint? I just bought one and mine can rock back and fourth. Doesn't seem broke, just loose. Should it be tight? Debating if I should send it back for another one or just live with it.

Do you mean the ab cut or where the torso connects with the hips? Mine's like that on the latter. I'm pretty sure it's that way on all of them.

Yea where the torso meets the hips. I found it odd because most of the stuff on Neca's 1/4 scales are so tight. lol

I had one that was really loose and I exchanged it for another. The second was a little better but still annoying. I took it apart and put masking tape on the ball. All good now.

I doubt it and even if they did it wouldn't come out until after the movie was out. Who knows maybe they'll end up surprising us.

Guys is there any possibility that Neca will make a new 1/4 updated endoskeleton because of the new movie?

Good question. And I further ask, if they do, will you buy it if the movie is anything less that a worthy sequel?

What I mean is, for instance when Genisys arrived, there was a wave of various Genisys endoskeleton product/statues etc based on that tweaked design, but I for one couldn't commit to buying anything, because I didn't like the movie enough, and would want to display a T1/T2 version.

Hopefully, any endoskeletons in the new movie match the T1/T2 versions, then it would fulfill all wants.

As a-dev said though, it doesn't seem like NECA or the lower price end of the market can support an endo these days, at least at the quality you would want.

Good question. And I further ask, if they do, will you buy it if the movie is anything less that a worthy sequel?

What I mean is, for instance when Genisys arrived, there was a wave of various Genisys endoskeleton product/statues etc based on that tweaked design, but I for one couldn't commit to buying anything, because I didn't like the movie enough, and would want to display a T1/T2 version.

Hopefully, any endoskeletons in the new movie match the T1/T2 versions, then it would fulfill all wants.

As a-dev said though, it doesn't seem like NECA or the lower price end of the market can support an endo these days, at least at the quality you would want.

Well I never buy from a movie I hate. I did that in the past back than way too many times but I always regret it so I sold those. If the movie is bad but the design is the same like in T1-2 than I will buy it for sure but that case is different. I hope cause Cameron is involved and it is a continuation of T2 they won't change the design. Neca's old endo looks very outdated. Also I am into customization so I am planning to repaint it right out of the gate.

Has anyone ever made a custom gun for the 1/4 endoskeleton for sale or a mold? I just got an endoskeleton at a good deal, but has no gun.

My Molotow liquid chrome pen just arrived, and I thought it'd be fun to touch up my motorcycle cop T-1000's sunglasses. I was worried at first, but I'm very happy with the end result. Sorry for the crappy pictures.

uKqclGq.gif

zd1oCTp.gif

Eh, I was going to make a fake NECA tweet announcing John Connor on April 1st but I know no one would take the bait and believe it. :(

I might have been briefly susceptible because I totally forgot the date on the day. But then I would have had to target you for Termination. :lol

NECA has given up on Terminator. Such a shame too as there's so much potential left. What's going on with their Aliens line? Is it just candy colored aliens from here on out? No more movie figures?

There was one tweet where Randy mentioned they still have Terminator plans amongst their Aliens and Predators but if it isn't total silence on twitter most of what's there is about horror lines. Also with the delays they're having and the whole toys'r'us closure, **** knows what's going on.

I've lost interest a long time ago. I'll probably pick up the TV series Pennywise, that's about it. If they happen to make anymore Marines I'll probably pick them up, otherwise I think I'm done with NECA.

Any ideas what can be used for neck cables on the 18 inch endoskeleton? I picked up the original version, but of course has no neck cables. I want to customize it and add some, but have no idea what to use.

Hi all - too bad NECA never produced any vehicles to go with their figures. People who want to create dioramas can only do one (T-800 in T2 with a Maisto 1:10 Fatboy)

I'm thinking of 3D printing and hand painting a Dodge Monaco car in 1:10 in order to fit a Neca Terminator Ultimate Tech-noir figure in there to recreate the car park scene. It is only economically viable to do at least a small production run otherwise it is insanely expensive to do just one.

29595250_1726729674058113_4196323038241606652_n.jpg
29598191_1726729490724798_98815596114069529_n.jpg
29597246_1726729754058105_1932571591365477171_n.jpg

The windows shall be printed with transparent materials with the rest in ABS and colour-matched, not printing the "highway patrol" logo on the side but instead will produce the "Police 1874" and "to care and to protect" on transparent stickers to be put onto the car. The front lights aren't 100% aligned with the 1974 version (the 3D model is 1973) but hopefully you won't notice it. It will NOT be battle damaged and you're free to do it yourself.

If anyone is interested in doing that please let me know (USD1200 for a production of 20). If you think it's too expensive please quote in comment what price you are willing to pay and I'll see what I can do. But please note the 3D printing ready model costs US$400, printing would cost US$350 and paint job (hand polishing and painting)US$900. However if you want JUST the 3D kit I can do that too.

Next two on my list are T-1000 on motorcycle (Kawasaki Police 1000) and in a Freightliner FLA which the 3D models in OBJ are ready (need to pay someone to convert into STL which is the 3D printing ready format). Considering doing Kawasaki in both 1:6 and 1:10 format too for Neca and Hot Toys.

dscn3029.jpg
d993da-EVE-20170413185043.020.jpg

If there is solid interest in participating in this "kickstarter" project please let me know. In fact I might actually put this up on Kickstarter later.

Hi all - too bad NECA never produced any vehicles to go with their figures. People who want to create dioramas can only do one (T-800 in T2 with a Maisto 1:10 Fatboy)

I'm thinking of 3D printing and hand painting a Dodge Monaco car in 1:10 in order to fit a Neca Terminator Ultimate Tech-noir figure in there to recreate the car park scene. It is only economically viable to do at least a small production run otherwise it is insanely expensive to do just one.

View attachment 402672
View attachment 402671
View attachment 402673

The windows shall be printed with transparent materials with the rest in ABS and colour-matched, not printing the "highway patrol" logo on the side but instead will produce the "Police 1874" and "to care and to protect" on transparent stickers to be put onto the car. The front lights aren't 100% aligned with the 1974 version (the 3D model is 1973) but hopefully you won't notice it. It will NOT be battle damaged and you're free to do it yourself.

If anyone is interested in doing that please let me know (USD1200 for a production of 20). If you think it's too expensive please quote in comment what price you are willing to pay and I'll see what I can do. But please note the 3D printing ready model costs US$400, printing would cost US$350 and paint job (hand polishing and painting)US$900. However if you want JUST the 3D kit I can do that too.

Next two on my list are T-1000 on motorcycle (Kawasaki Police 1000) and in a Freightliner FLA which the 3D models in OBJ are ready (need to pay someone to convert into STL which is the 3D printing ready format). Considering doing Kawasaki in both 1:6 and 1:10 format too for Neca and Hot Toys.

View attachment 402674
View attachment 402675

If there is solid interest in participating in this "kickstarter" project please let me know. In fact I might actually put this up on Kickstarter later.

BTW 1:10 Kawasaki Police 1000 also in planning phase.. probably even in diecast instead of 3D printing

Kawasaki 3D.jpg

I would so love these..I just don't know if I can personally justify such expense under my circumstances. I'm not questioning your pricing estimates as such

Back