Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Dodge Monaco pictured there is incorrect. Hope you weren't going to use that as a reference. Yodel made a 1/24 model of the car you need. It even has the correct markings on the side. I have this kit. At one time I was planning on doing a forced perspective diorama.
360_629e54b56e513495b9915cbcf79614cf.jpg

I would so love these..I just don't know if I can personally justify such expense under my circumstances. I'm not questioning your pricing estimates as such

I am running a kickstarter campaign. If I can gather orders of 500 or more, I'll get this made in diecast which the cost will drop to USD$350

The Dodge Monaco pictured there is incorrect. Hope you weren't going to use that as a reference. Yodel made a 1/24 model of the car you need. It even has the correct markings on the side. I have this kit. At one time I was planning on doing a forced perspective diorama.
View attachment 402760

I know that - it's just that the 3D model needs to start somewhere. It will get fixed. But it seems like making a full car in 1:10 is crazy expensive and not very many interest. Making this in 1:6 would be insane and the car itself... well only Hot Toys had made cars in this scale and it's all plastic and they ARE insanely expensive too. Not sure how feasible this would be.

And if he's desperate enough, he can get someone to make an STL format ready for 3D printing, then get this printed. Technology these days have given us that option now

Here's a sliiiightly more ambitious project than just sunglasses. I really liked how it turned out on my T-1000, so I thought it would be fun to paint up an entire endoskeleton with one of those paint pens.

Yaj3Epk.jpg

5nBbRU5.jpg

HftISGO.jpg

It's an extra one I got for cheap because a couple of his pistons were broken.

Not bad. Was that a complicated process at all? And does that stuff dry properly?

I am running a kickstarter campaign. If I can gather orders of 500 or more, I'll get this made in diecast which the cost will drop to USD$350

Do you have a link to a kickstarter page we can look at? Have you posted about this on any other sites?

Oh no, I just washed him, dried him off, and painted him with the pen. It does take roughly two days to dry properly though, so im still waiting to do his backside. I tested it on a toy sword beforehand and it dried well.

Randy posted a picture of T2 Arnie with ''I'm back'' on twitter.

We probably shouldn't get our hopes up - afterall a picture of a coke bottle with the name Hawkins on it in a Predator-related post seemingly was not meant to be taken as ''we're making Hawkins'' - so Randy is probably just doing a thing with Arnie's line because he's been away from twitter for awhile.

I will have the jealousy if these turn out well.

I love my Maisto Fatboy - wish I had movie-accurate saddlebags for it is all. Well, that and the Harley logo and decorative trim are the wrong colours. But it's really cool having it for the 1:10 stuff.

My next project - 1:10 CB750K4 for my Terminator 1 figure
View attachment 408659

i literally don't know anything about bikes, but when i assembled my Tamiya Honda, its engine was much much wider. like twice wider, sticking way out from under the fuel tank.

i must check what it looked like in the movie, because it wasn't an exact copy of what Tamiya did.

p.s. checked. confirmed - it should be much wider than the fuel tank and the oil tank (behind the engine).

eB63O4U.jpg

the fuel tank also doesn't have that edge border on its down side in the movie, which is currently present on a 3D model.
the fuel tank itself is a bit of a wrong shape on the front. too round, should have some semi-flat area there, divided from main bubble with a bending line (also seen on a screenshot).
this post is intended to be help and nothing else. if it's not needed, please just ignore it.

Back