Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official NECA The Terminator Thread

What a shame that the first ever toys based on the original Terminator film had to come in an era of possibly the shoddiest and most haphazard paint apps on lower-end figures. And a shame too that during a time when the sculpts are better than ever they have to be marred by all this.

What a shame that the first ever toys based on the original Terminator film had to come in an era of possibly the shoddiest and most haphazard paint apps on lower-end figures. And a shame too that during a time when the sculpts are better than ever they have to be marred by all this.

It's extremely irritating, but im not suprised. I had the same experience with their T2 figures, It took me forever to find ones with just "okay" paint apps.

Kinda ironic I'd say.:slap

Looks like I'll have to break out the paints when I get these!

the new endo head is so good!:horror:panic::horror

its the best head on any endo toy to date buy far:yess:

We should all write necaonline our complaints.
Things can not go.
The most interesting figures to be crap.

Because something has to change.
And from the bad quality figures should come better new Versions(with better QC and Paint Job).

I seen the T1 Tech Noir Ahhhnuld in a store the other day , and i gutta say it looked like complete CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daaaaamn. Is it really gonna end up me just getting these out of a completist need?

Still hoping I just get used to the bad paint like I pretty much have on the previous ones. But if they start breaking as soon as I try to move the arms which are supposed to be able to ****ing move :banghead

Honestly, in regard to bad paint applications, NECA isn't horrible by any stretch of the imagination. Have you looked at other figure offerings from other companies lately?
I'll give a good example. Mattel, the world's largest action figure company, should concievably have the best quality plastic and paint based soley on the company size and resources. Wrong! Mattel cheaps out on every aspect of the business by grossly over-using a handful of base bodies across a number of various toylines. NECA, on the other hand, gives us brand new sculpts when launching a toy line. Of course, NECA also reuses parts but if you're doing the T-800 from the 1st Terminator movie, would it really be necessary to sculpt more than one pair of boots and legs for the same character from the same movie? Of course not. Their reuse of certain body parts makes sense. Also, Mattel casts practically everything in the solid colored plastic. Imagine having a Terminator figure's head cast in shiney flesh colored plastic, effectively ruining all the small details of the sculpt. Personally, I'd rather have a bit of paint slop here and there compared to cheaply cast solid colored plastic figures. And it isn't just Mattel. Hasbro, number 2 in the action figure market, also reuses bodies in their Marvel Universe line and also casts figures in cheap shiney plastic. Just compare NECA's Ghostbusters figures to Mattel's awful Ghostbusters figures. All 4 of the Ghostbusters use the same base body and their heads and bodies are cast in the color of their uniforms and heads.
Finally, let's discuss cost. Mattel charges $17.99 for their cookie cutter DCUC figures, and $20 for their "premium" cookie cutter Masters of the Universe and Ghostbusters lines. Hasbro now charges $8.99 for a 3 & 3/4 inch Star Wars & Marvel Universe figures also following the cookie cutter recipe.
Really, what I'm trying to say is, despite some QC issues from NECA, that little itty bitty company still delivers premium sculpts, decent paint applications, and some of the most desired properties for an excellent price ranging from $12.99 to $14.99. Personally speaking, sure NECA could improve, but honestly, things could be SO, SO, SO much worse. So, for that, I'm extremely thankful NECA is around and delivering the goods that I absolutely love to collect.

^^^ No one was upset that Neca reuses parts, they're upset because all of their figures paint apps look like autobotjohn painted them.

@PharOOO
You've got a point.
But there are also very good from Hasbro Star Wars figures with great paint jobs.
Where there are differences as large.

In any case, it could be much better with Neca.
Earlier figures were often more accessories, better processing and a better paint job.

When the Terminator figures, the jacket is too bright, pants too brown.
The colors match those in the film.

Next to skin color often seem bad and lips and eyes look dead.

There is need for improvement.

Not to mention the horrible painted skull of the 22 " alien and the bad silver of the 18" Endoskeleton.

Why does my Conan Temple of the Serpent figure have such a great paintjob? Not only clean but very convincing around the eyes - a big weakness on all the Terminator figures. Annoying that my favourite film property has been the one to take whatever budgetary hits had to be made in the areas of paint and QC.

@PharOOO
You've got a point.
But there are also very good from Hasbro Star Wars figures with great paint jobs.
Where there are differences as large.

In any case, it could be much better with Neca.
Earlier figures were often more accessories, better processing and a better paint job.

When the Terminator figures, the jacket is too bright, pants too brown.
The colors match those in the film.

Next to skin color often seem bad and lips and eyes look dead.

There is need for improvement.

Not to mention the horrible painted skull of the 22 " alien and the bad silver of the 18" Endoskeleton.

Huh?:dunno

The new T-800 endoskeleton looks very good, the headsculpt looks WAY better. Im not really impressed with the T-1000 though.

the usual defects of endoskeleton NECA have been corrected ?
I refer to the palms of the hands not carved, the joint of the groin that do not allow the movement of the leg forward and too obvious screws on the back

the usual defects of endoskeleton NECA have been corrected ?
I refer to the palms of the hands not carved, the joint of the groin that do not allow the movement of the leg forward and too obvious screws on the back

Yeah those things have always bugged me a little about the Neca endoskeleton. More accurate sculpt than McFarlane but it reduced the detail in the hands, feet and thighs plus it exchanged being able to move the legs backwards and forwards for the sideways movement the McFarlane one didn't have. Isn't there a way for us to have both?

This new Endo looks fantastic, going to grab it next time i see it..shame though that this is Neca's third try at perfecting this figure, the headsculpt is really nice and looks pretty accurate to me.

Saw these in person, my god are they awful. The paint jobs make the T-1000 and Tech Noir look like cheap porcelain china dollar store dolls or something. There were about 2-3 of each, not one stood out as "good". Good luck to those that bought them online and will get blind cases without inspection.

I will say though that the Endoskeleton looks surprisingly good. Makes me regret ever buying the previous T2 2009/2010 Endos. By the looks of it, it's the best one yet. With that said though, I'm endoed out, no need for more.

Pass on everything.

@a-dev
Yes they are absolutely right.

I think it's really a shame.
The T3 McFarlane figures are also much better at painting.
Why?
Damn.

@ snoop101 what they mean?

Back