Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official NECA The Terminator Thread

it's such a shame , that tankman's great sculpts , get such cheap a$$ treatment at these cheap a$$ factories neca hires.
i blame the owner of neca just as much as the china factories.
i wish tankman could and would start his on company. or go to work for sideshow or hot toys.

Well if he started his own company he'd be doing less sculpting and probably find himself having the same budgetary issues etc etc. I've always liked the idea of him working at Hot Toys.

Well if he started his own company he'd be doing less sculpting and probably find himself having the same budgetary issues etc etc. I've always liked the idea of him working at Hot Toys.

he could sure show hot toys how to sculpt an accurate predator,that's for sure.

Well even if he was to go work with HT they've already made most of the key figures I'd want to see him sculpt.

So are comic shops and online retailers the only places carrying these so far?

Well that Forbidden planet link says October. Thats the one I'm mainly looking forward to now. The fact that HT had already done the biker cop T-1000 and the Tech Noir T-800 sorta cut down on my excitement levels for NECAs versions of those.

You'd have to admit releasing another T-1000 and delaying the police station shootout is kinda greasy. Smart strategy though cuz I bought the eff'n thing :lol To be honest the endo was so nice i'm thinking of heading back to buy another to open up (I keep these all MIMB)

Have you received yours yet?

Some people still resist them because they can't help but think of them as 'dolls' what with the superarticulated bodies and the real clothes. To them they are not real Action Figures because their definition of action figure is limited to entirely sculpted figures. Much of the Spawn board holds this view. I used to be the same way back when the original Hot Toys T1 figures came out. I was aware of them but didn't consider them an option. Back then I hadn't started collecting anything in 1/6th I don't think, not even the likes of a McFarlane 12" figure. Plus the real clothes reminded me of Action Man which I was never into as a child, preferring instead the 3 3/4 GI-JOE, He-man, Turtles etc. Anywho glad I moved on from that view - though obviously not to the total exclusion of sculpted figures. I still love these things, I just wish the paint and QC was better.

I couldn't care less about the doll factor, it's the artistic liberties hot toys takes with their $150 figures that gets to me... :peace

IMO the doll-ness is pretty fun. :lol

I do not understand why Neca has become so bad.
Previously they had a good to very good paint job and great accessories.
Now, poor workmanship, bad paint and almost no accessories.

I think it's a shame how great sculpts are so lost.
I am considering whether I should buy the 7 "figures.
All the pictures I saw were very bad.

I would be happy to do if neca would make a 18" Tech Noir T-800 with very good paint job, very good workmanship and a better Facesculpt .

What could come in wave 3?

Battle Damage Police Shootout T-800, frozen T-1000, Ryle Reese1984 , Kyle Reese 2029, a true terminator endoskeleton with damaged leg.

i would be more then happy to pay an extra $5 for an amazing paint job. the battle damage Tech Noir should be made much nice after all the practice from the plain Tech Noir, lets hope.:gah::impatient:

Unfortunately, I'm passing on these. Actually, it's not really unfortunate because it's money saved.

I was a big fan of NECA when the first couple of T2 waves hit. That reveal in 2009 at Toy Fair with the Arnold variations was phenomenal. I bought them all as well as the 12" and they were damn good. Then came the T-1000 figures. I can't even explain how pumped I was for them last year. Then when I finally got them, my god were they awful.

Not talking sculpts either. They're great, as always. The quality control and paint apps are the problems. They're absolutely horrid. Out of all the T-1000s I bought, I don't think I have one good one. They're all pieces of ____. I ask myself, is something worth owning if it's sloppy, fragile and brittle? Nope.

To be honest, I was sort of excited when NECA revealed this T1 stuff but the final product just looks really bad to me. The pics I've seen, hell even those reviews make me see that this new wave is no better than the last one in terms of quality. ____ it.

A few years ago, I might have bought these to "collect them all" and sure, I'd love to get the 7" T1 Arnies (Despite having 12" Hot Toys versions) but these just don't cut it as far as I'm concerned. It may sound harsh, but these look like garbage to me. Par that with the all of the quality control issues I've had and it just isn't worth it. A shame too since I'm a big fan of the way NECA goes about their design with these figures in terms of sculpt (Kyle/Tankman) variety, and just the ideas and style behind them. The final product though just ____s on all of that.

On a side note, I don't think I've been spoiled by Hot Toys. I've always realized that I was buying/dealing with different styles of figures/collectibles. For awhile I was more impressed with my Pescadero Arnies than I was the full T2 Hot Toys figure. The QC problems have quickly changed that view. You don't "get what you pay for". I know these are cheaper than Hot Toys, much cheaper but even at the current price tag the final product you get is junky ____. Some people seem to have forgotten that things weren't always like this. These toys were well made at one time even if they weren't the most detailed or accurate.

Increase the production value, then we'll talk. Though, I think I've finally outgrown toy collecting for the most part. Scratch that, I have. Save for a few grail Hot Toys figures I've ceased buying mass produced retail stuff for good. No more Mattel, no more Hasbro, nothing. There was a time where this was gold, (I still love the older figures I have). But now the quality is just piss poor and I just don't want to collect anymore.

neca's qc has sunk very low,just as mcfarlanes did a few years ago.
i hate to see this happen, because neca has some great sculptors, it's not fair to them or to us who love and admire their talent.

neca makes the charactors we want and love to collect, but what good is it, with low grade q c., that breaks when you try to pose it, or is already broke in the unopened pack,or has stuck joints,, loose leg joints and can't stand on it's own, warped, mismoulded parts, 2 left feet, , sloppy paint,etc,etc-

i know these same flaws happen with every toy company to an exstent.
but every since the alien,predator, and terminator lines has come out, it's been happening more than ever, and getting worse every series,and these are the one's i collect most
i hope neca can get back on track soon.

i'm going to hope that the p2 line gets better with qc, if not i'm done with neca.

Last edited:

Can someone post some in-hand pics of the Tech Noir T-800? Im interested to see what these look like in perso before I make a purchase. Thanks.

I am really bummed to hear these did not turn out well......I also wonder what has happened to NECA........they are not the same company, and its a damn shame

i got my t-1000 mc, luckily i got a really good one i love it! i recon its the best 7'' t-1000 ever.

every one must buy them all so we get a 7'' rhys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:panic::panic::panic:

Where it concerns the 7" range I think that guy Fortknox was onto something. His expectations were too high but his frustration, its increasingly clear, is justified. There are problems with these figures which don't appear to be getting better. Its hard to take crappy paint apps AND warped accessories AND figures that if they aren't already broken in package they break as soon as you try to use their articulation. If good paint isn't possible (and I don't see why 'decent' paint can't be achieved - it used to be) we should at least be getting tough, durable figures. They're cheap but not that cheap.

Now, I don't have the latest figures yet so I'm only going on the fact that their paintjobs once again seem to be $h!te. It remains for me to see if they start breaking on me. I'm hoping T2 series 3 was just an unfortunate blip in that regard.

Anyone think we have a chance of getting a 12'' Police Shootout figure? Paint apps would no doubt be better on a larger scale, I hope.

Sucks the paint jobs appear to be $h!+. I just want the new Endo (head sculpt looks alot better) and the Police Station Assault T-800 but I'm gonna probably have to see them in person before I decide to buy them.

I didn't even get the tech-noir T-800 because the paint was so terrible, and there was quite a few to choose from, but they all looked like crap.:gah:

Back