Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA T-1000

I'll probaby just wait for TRU/FYE to get these in to get my extra T-1000s. Hopefully we make those T-800s peg warm and the T-1000s do so well NECA will make more of him and get the point they are done with T2 T-800s. The BAC really pushed the limit IMO.

NECA's all about maximum use of sculpts and molds, that's why the BAC figure, that'll probably warm pegs but it took little to make so they did it. Same with Steel mill. They're making every possible T-800 they can off the core parts used to make them all. Unfortunately, T-1000's looks don't lend well to recycling, they've done about as much as they can without all new molds and sculpts.

We'll a Biker version would require all new molds. But a Steel Mill could reuse the Galleria upper body at least. Pescadero if they really want to milk another version. Just include a donut head with the steel mill version(s) and I think many would be happy.

But the 2 T-1000s here are really only the same from the waist down. Different heads, different torsos, and different arms. Only the shoulder to the elbow are the same on the upper body. So really a Steel Mill wouldn't be so difficult as they'd just switch out the lower body instead of upper body. The Biker is really the only iffy figure right now I think, but if they could squeeze out a frozen version, that would up their profits on the mold. And his arms switch out already about the same spot as where he broke them off.

dsc01676.jpg

If we are lucky enough to get a Biker version and we don't get a frozen version, I'm going to see if I can bribe Seb into making me a frozen version since he is so good with snow effects.

And I just realized, that we really only have one T-800 figure that can go with these T-1000s. Only the Pescadero T-800 is screen accurate to go with these guys. After Pescadero, they only met as grey T-shirt and Biker/Biker pants. So really we deserve more T-1000s to go with the 76 T-800s they gave us after Pescadero! :lol

Last edited:

Well, other than gloved hands a repainted tshirt and new head, Cyberdyne T-800 is identical to Pescadero. I'm glad for the fullness of the line, but it does suck a bit how redundand some of the figures can look fortunately the T-800s have enough extras to make them look different enough.

Yeah, but instead of each figure being 100% new, we got a LOT of variations of him. Which is good. I really can't think of any other T-800 variation they (or we) couldn't make from the parts we already have. I guess there is the nude arrival, but I don't think that would go over well at Toys R Us. SDCC maybe? :lol

But even then, there are still quite a few new bits (up until series 3) with each T-800. Even if it wasn't new body parts, it was accessories. I know the T-1000 has traditonally not sold as well as T-800s, but I'd really love to see just 2 more T-1000s made before they are through. Biker and Steel Mill. I'd feel more or less complete at that point. It seems for just a little more work they could pump out at least 2 more figures it would be worth it. Sure the reuse wouldn't be as worthwhile at the T-800, but its not a total wash.

New sculpt, head to toe:
T-1000 Biker Uniform with helmeted head.

And then mostly jsut Reused parts after that:
Steel Mill (biker legs, Galleria torso, new or reused head)
Frozen Biker Uniform (just a Biker repaint)
Steel Mill v2 (biker legs, Pescardeo torso, new or reused head)
Final Battle (biker legs, new blown up torso/head)

The Final Battle is covered fairly well by Mcfarlane, so they might not do that, but I think the others are legit variants along the lines of the T-800s.

They could also add "glitch" body parts... Black and yellow striped hand, steel floor feet. Not to mention that the SDCC Exclusive also serves as Steel Mill fight when T-1000 shoves T800 into the gears.

I'm not saying they're not legit, and I'd love to see them, but good news bad news, NECA also seems to have some real fans driving the line and we're not likely to get figures that aren't pretty true to how and when a look shows up in the movie. Pescadero, Cyberdyne, Man or Machine, Final Battle, Steel Mill, they all are exactly as he looks and is equipped for the specific scene it's meant to represent. T-1000, Galleria and Pescadeor both are quite scene specific. NECA's really demonstrated a good understanding of the film with these figures.

Not to mention they also gave the T-1000 the holster on the left side. I think Sideshow made that correction last minute on theirs, but never gave him a left trigger hand for it :slap

Well, the thing is, he fires right and lefty, lefty in the mall, righty in Pescadero, so it can work both ways.

You guys aren't going to belive this but I just found series 3 at FYE. So I got the last version of each T-1000. No arnies sold yet :lol

The T-1000's look awesome man, cheers for the pics buttmunch.

Gonna pass on the Arnie figures for now. T-1000's will be ordered soon!

man the T1000 looks awsome standing with the arnold terminator, cant WAIT for this guy to hit stores. so noone has seen this yet at retail right? ppl have only gotten these from online stores so far?

man the T1000 looks awsome standing with the arnold terminator, cant WAIT for this guy to hit stores. so noone has seen this yet at retail right? ppl have only gotten these from online stores so far?

i just picked up all but 1 at my local toys r us store

Unless you count stripping the Cyberdyne showdown T-800 of his gatling gun and giving him only the grenade launcher as a unique 'look' I could only devise 1 other 'look' not represented by the 6 T-800s NECA have released - the SWAT shootout

IMG_1734Small.jpg

IMG_1735Small.jpg

IMG_1733Small.jpg

IMG_1736Small.jpg

Terminatorscreengrabs110.jpg

Its possibly my favourite little custom. It includes:

- any set of non-BD legs
- a final battle torso
- cyberdyne showdown arms&hands
- a final battle bandolier reorganised to have 4 grenades in it
- an extra bloodied phase 1 BD head also from the Final battle figure
- cyberdyne showdown's grenade launcher
- man or machine's pistol

So its like the new Steel Mill figure but with non-BD hands and a non-BD knee because that damage wasn't sustained until the climax of the Liquid Nitrogen tanker chase.

Most of my other multitude of T-800 figures I bought simply to use for different mini-scenes once NECA made the T-1000. I didn't change their looks beyond a change of pose, weapon or head.

Last edited:

Hey what does FYE stand for?

For Your Entertainment

It's a mall chain store in the States, their primary sales are music and movies, but they also have some things like action figures, posters and other sorts of novelty stuff to cater to the more eccentric shoppers. Good place to find NECA stuff.

For Your Entertainment. The ones around here are actually stand alone stores, not the mall type. Basically its Media Play with a different name. When my Media Play went under, this replaced it about a month later. Same locations same stuff. Don't know why they had to go out of business, sell off all of their displays, etc only to reopen again a month or two later :cuckoo:

And yeah, I guess the SWAT shoot out is about it. Maybe the face with a little less damage, but more than any of the non-BD heads? But that part is what, 30 seconds? Well, it would give them an excuse to make a series 4 with at least 1 T-800 :lol

Actually, the main difference between SWAT and Steel Mill is the number of grenades on the bandolier, as it's before all the shots at the nitrogen truck, and the exposed Endo knee, as that damage comes as he's rolling off the truck at the mill. Also, it would come with the smoke grenade luancher, which would be cool, I really hope HT gives us that weapon with some figure, the shot of T-800 coming through the doors with the smoke surrounding him is one of the coolest still frame moments in the movie.

Back