Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA T-1000

Is it twisted for me to want the T-1000 as much as my Hot Toys T-800?

Precisely, if you're a big T2 fan, there's a wide variety of cool products rolling out right now. This properly has lacked hefty collectible representation of the humans, a lot of Endo stuff and of the humans, a heavy Arnie focus, but between NECA and HT we're getting a nice variety of the human characters, which I prefer, I don't need a ton of Endo pieces, it feels to redundant after a while.

Yes, I've been totally supporting NECA by purchasing all their T2 products including the Cult Classics Endoskeleton, multiples of Series 1 and 2, the 12 inch figures, and 18 inch Endoskeleton. Of course, when Series 3 hits, I'll buy multiples of the T-1000 & 1 of each of the T-800s. Of course with Hot Toys, the price tag is much higher than a $15 NEVA figure. However, I did buy the T-800. If they make a T-1000, I'll get that too. If I could get Sarah for around the $100 price-range, I'd pick her up too.
Now, if only NECA & Hot Toys would also do "The Terminator" figures, I'd be in Terminator paradise!

I wouldn't call it a perfect likeness, theres too much distance between the eyes and mouth. The nose is too long. However it definitely captures the essence of RP as T-1000. No mistaking those ears! Speaking of the ears am I right to suspect that he had them stapled back a bit? I just don't notice his ears anymore in anything hes done recently yet in T2 they're a distinguishing feature.

I wonder if he had something done to them, that or just wears his hair fuller, they weren't nearly as noticeable on the X-Files.

NECA's sculpt is really nice, but of the two, I think the likeness is stronger on the T-800.

someone should take the mcfarlane sarah connor (with long hair) and do the "call to john now" scene and post it here.

Send her to me and I'll be happy to ;)

Yeah, now that you guys mention it, RP's ears don't seem to stick out as much now. I've seen him on both the X-files and the Unit and never noticed them come to think of it.

And yeah, to me, there is nothing wrong getting both NECA and HT products. I mean HT's stuff is probably the best representation of the characters you can get, but NECA can do things HT can't like the T-1000's hook arms blending seemlessly into his uniform. I'm sure HT will find a way for it to look good, but NECA's will always be a bit closer to what it actually looks like in the film because the figure is made in all 1 material like the T-1000 technically was.

Had that figure, and just dumped her years ago....luckily I had the sense to keep 1 of each Mcfarlane endo variant carded....they still look sharp AND have the original NECA Endo carded - that base is sooooooo awesome

there is nothing at all wrong with that mcfarlane sarah connor. the sculpt is great and the detail is superb. the ariculation could be improved though. i used to have all 3 versions, but i decided i only wanted the "final battle" version with the long hair and now that we got a proper T-800 and T-1000, she now comes in handy.

Precisely, if you're a big T2 fan, there's a wide variety of cool products rolling out right now. This properly has lacked hefty collectible representation of the humans, a lot of Endo stuff and of the humans, a heavy Arnie focus, but between NECA and HT we're getting a nice variety of the human characters, which I prefer, I don't need a ton of Endo pieces, it feels to redundant after a while.

So do all the arnold figures to be honest. Thats why im glad to finally see some cool representations of the t-1000. I always hated the fact that my terminator display has about 15 arnolds and no villains, but neca is pretty much taking care of that and hopefully HT will too.

Didn't realize these were out until reading the thread about an hour ago. Then I rushed to the mall and picked one up! Great likeness by Neca standards. Kinda bummed that the wrist peg on mine's regular right hand broke off when I took it off, but I was planning on displaying it with the needle finger anyway, as I think it displays nicely next to the endo arm arnie.

some quick pics:

IMG_1884.jpg

IMG_1881.jpg

displayed with 1:1 bust by Howard Senft:
IMG_1892.jpg

IMG_1889.jpg

Last edited:

Yeah, now that you guys mention it, RP's ears don't seem to stick out as much now. I've seen him on both the X-files and the Unit and never noticed them come to think of it.

If 3 of us haven't noticed RPs ears being quite as sticky outy as they used to be I'd say we could be right and he had them surgically modded...or Maulfan's suggestion that he keeps his hair fuller on the sides than he had it in T2. I probably would have been self conscious about it too if my ears were like that, and yet for the T-1000 I wouldn't change them. Wierd sticky out ears are part of that character.

some quick pics:

He looks good. Not a bad paintjob on that one.

there is nothing at all wrong with that mcfarlane sarah connor. the sculpt is great and the detail is superb. the ariculation could be improved though. i used to have all 3 versions, but i decided i only wanted the "final battle" version with the long hair and now that we got a proper T-800 and T-1000, she now comes in handy.

I still have all 3, surprised I was able to find them all, this was before i started shopping online.

The problem with the hair-down version is the pose is just too neutral to properly represent Sarah in the steel mill - plus McFarlane never provided that shotgun she uses - a shame considering they made the donut head T-1000 and also a shame because it seems unlikely Neca will make a Sarah Connor with this shotgun, what with their conservative outlook on even the T-1000 (making only 2 and shortpacking them in the cases)

i was wondering if there was a way to take the "donut head" from the mcfarlane T-1000 and put it on the body of the normal neca T-1000. anyone think this can be done?

I doubt it'd be as easy as a straight swap but the neck lengths look compatible at least and the head sizes are probably close enough to each other.

Neca's T-1000 probably has a ball-joint inserted into its torso like the T-800. You'd either have to remove it and merely lay the McFarlane head on there (which could be impossible to do without destroying the figure...thereby rendering the whole operation pointless) or hollow out the McFarlane T-1000s neck to wrap around the neca balljoint.

I'm definitely looking into it when I get mine. I want a more accurate donut head with no torso battledamage and also the galleria T-1000 head on the McFarlane body would make for a good recreation of Sarah Connors last stand against the T-1000 in the steel mill, where she almost knocks him into the molten steel.

Back