Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can definitely see a T-800/John 2 pack not long down the road. This is probably the only way to get the bike and maybe even the extra head and endo-arm.

Yeah like the Ripley/Newt release. Quite possible, and really annoying. A bare-bones version packed in with an unwanted re-release of a decade old figure... sigh. I'd much rather get the figure I actually want with all the accessories.

I've often defended Neca and found them unfairly criticized for choices they've made over the years, but announcing John as an SDCC exclusive after months of waiting is a baffling decision. It's a nice surprise to no-one but scalpers.

Bad news... no sense.

It's kinda what we thought it would be in the first place but when he was shown at last years Con there was no indication that he'd be an exclusive so that got us excited; we certainly didn't think he'd be an exclusive for the following year's con.

On the brightside, assuming he gets some sort of wider release later, it means I don't have to end up with an army of dirt bikes.

MR6w37t.gif

CBnxlmd.gif

NECA does online orders for non-attendees, ...

Correction: US non-attendees.

... announcing John as an SDCC exclusive after months of waiting is a baffling decision. It's a nice surprise to no-one but scalpers.
:mad: This.

... I hope he at least gets some sort of wide release later on like Newt did (albeit in a 2-pack)

After paying scalpers for Newt, only to have her released later with everything but the framed picture, I decided not to repeat the same mistake with Hawkins. Look how that worked out. :mad:

Oh.. and still waiting on that Alien Club "end of year" exclusive figure.

To be fair, this figure is really for a niche audience. The average person going to a Target store is not going to buy a toy of "that kid from that movie from 30 years ago. " I can see why they made it a SDCC EX. It sucks, but I understand it. I don't think it'll sell out immediately, so those who want it should be able to get it. I think there's a lot of option for great ex toys this year, with the TMNT Shredder set, John Connor, and the Superman and Batman two pack figures, so hopefully it all cancels each other out a bit, making it easy to get a few things over the 3 day window sale. My priority is the TMNT set...then the John Connor.

The Hawkins figure didn't sell out was available for a while. I didn't get it because I don't give a **** about Hawkins unless the other characters get made. I'm sure they'll re release him if they make more characters later on.

To be fair, this figure is really for a niche audience. The average person going to a Target store is not going to buy a toy of "that kid from that movie from 30 years ago. " I can see why they made it a SDCC EX. ...

Ok, sure, then Randy should let us dedicated fans know if there will be a wider release later. That would be a decent thing to do for the fans. If the "average person" cares so little NECA's not going to lose out by letting the cat out of the bag by telling the "niche audience". The only people that would be hurt by that information is the scalpers, because they'll know the most dedicated fans, who they're targeting will know and not be forced to pay for fear of missing out.

It sucks, but I understand it. I don't think it'll sell out immediately, ...

It doesn't matter, it's not available to purchase for anyone outside the US.

... so those who want it should be able to get it.

Only if you're in the US. Not the rest of the world.

I think there's a lot of option for great ex toys this year, with the TMNT Shredder set, John Connor, and the Superman and Batman two pack figures, so hopefully it all cancels each other out a bit, making it easy to get a few things over the 3 day window sale...

There is no window for the rest of the world. And we cannot even "compete".

I'm not trying to argue with you btw, my anger is with NECA, but this is the fact of the matter for non-US collectors.

The worst thing is not even when you accept you'll have to pay extra, you can accept that to a degree, when you reconcile that you have something special; Or that your paying the extra to a scalper with no benefit to NECA; It's when you've paid that premium only to have it thrown in your face when it's released wide scale later anyway.

I say scalpers are of no benefit to NECA, but that's not true. Counting on scalpers to buy out your full stock is beneficial. But why is this the only way, to what? Fund the tooling? This is what collector's clubs are for, this is what Haslab's are for. I'd rather pay the extra to NECA if a figure is a difficult wide sell than to scalpers. Grr. Is it really so difficult to offer worldwide shipping. Again, I'd be more accepting knowing that was what I had to pay a little extra for, at a fair price. I wouldn't mind waiting.

To be fair, this figure is really for a niche audience. The average person going to a Target store is not going to buy a toy of "that kid from that movie from 30 years ago. " I can see why they made it a SDCC EX. It sucks, but I understand it. I don't think it'll sell out immediately, so those who want it should be able to get it. I think there's a lot of option for great ex toys this year, with the TMNT Shredder set, John Connor, and the Superman and Batman two pack figures, so hopefully it all cancels each other out a bit, making it easy to get a few things over the 3 day window sale. My priority is the TMNT set...then the John Connor.

The Hawkins figure didn't sell out was available for a while. I didn't get it because I don't give a **** about Hawkins unless the other characters get made. I'm sure they'll re release him if they make more characters later on.

What bugs me is we were lulled into a false sense of security over this. Yes, we speculated that, if made, he would have to be an exclusive but then NECA presented him at SDCC 2018 (after that years exclusives had separately been revealed) with a sign saying he was coming in 2019 so I was like 'oh wow, he must be getting a wide release'.

SDCC-2018-NECA-Horror-and-Sci-Fi-060.jpg

Nothing there indicated that he would be a con exclusive nor was there any comment to that effect in the usual Pixel Dan interview as I recall (also note the superior painted shirt incidentally)

Just the other day Johnny Utah asked on twitter if we could expect the 'preorder' for John Connor any time soon and Randy gave a thumbs up sign. This was clearly not what Johnny Utah (or anyone who was interested in that answer) had in mind.

But look, I have a high degree of confidence this is not the only release of this figure there will be. He is ripe for release in a 2 pack at least - even if it is just the same T-800 they've been issuing for 10 years - it's an absolute no-brainer.

Personally I wasn't particularly surprised by Hawkins not getting a wider release later on. Everything that came with that figure was essential so a rerelease would have had to keep everything that was in the exclusive. And I couldn't seem them doing a 2 pack of Dutch and Hawkins or something. Ripley and Newt was a natural choice, as the T-800 and John would be.

Last edited:
Personally I wasn't particularly surprised by Hawkins not getting a wider release later on. Everything that came with that figure was essential so a rerelease would have had to keep everything that was in the exclusive. And I couldn't seem them doing a 2 pack of Dutch and Hawkins or something. Ripley and Newt was a natural choice, as the T-800 and John would be.

TBH I was expecting a Hawkins tshirt version with a re-released Jungle demon 2 pack.

Wise decision actually to make this an SDCC exclusive. I think this would be a peg warmer in Target stores if released on a mass scale.

I’m looking forward to getting mine.

I know everyone is super disappointed about the John Connor figure being just an exclusive so thought I'd share something random. I most of my NECA figures from EBAY and with one of my Terminator figures I got two small boxes with japanese text and with an Endo skull on it (design) When I opened the box it had candy in it and these:

IMG_20190529_225019.jpg

IMG_20190529_225113.jpg

And This one

IMG_20190529_225328.jpg

They are only small but I was well surprised for these extra additions lol

I’m going to SDCC this year so I don’t care, but $50 bucks??

They mad.

Between the way it was shown last year to being on the card back, it really seemed like it was going to be a regular release. I don’t really get it. Then not only do you have the Guns and Roses scribbled our and public enemies on the shirt missing, you also don’t have the camo paint on the jacket.

I don’t get it.

Really sucks that John is a SDCC exclusive, hopefully there is a retail version coming later. If not, what a joke. It feels like we got strung along with that reveal last year.

John is an SDCC exclusive. Of course he is...

Thanks a lot Randy. Should have seen this one coming.

I was really looking forward to getting the dirt bike with the figure but almost guaranteed it will only be sold with the exclusive.

$50 at the con, eBay scalper price estimate: $100-$125.

Yup, thanks a bunch Randy.

I was really looking forward to getting the dirt bike with the figure but almost guaranteed it will only be sold with the exclusive.

Either the bike or the extra head sculpt, maybe both. I doubt it'll get a single release. Maybe a two pack version with Arnold or a reissue of Sarah Connor is more likely, because if they don't think the figure with the bike merits a wide release, why would they release a single figure with less accessories? Hell, I wouldn't buy a JC figure without the bike. The OG toy came with a bike. He's got no weapons, and his whole gimmick in the film is riding that bike in some memorable scenes. Who the F wants a JC from T2 with no bike? It's like a mullet kid figure without his radio. :dunno

Also, compare the JC figure and the lack of details like the missing camo paint with the ultra detailed TMNT Shredder set. You can tell NECA didn't put the same effort on the Terminator line.

bleh, I always have the worst luck with NECA SDCC exclusives. Had to resort to ebay for almost every single one of mine. Pretty disappointing, but I’ll reserve my anger until after I miss the tiny amount that will go up at necastoreonline lol

Back