Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depending on the nature of the re-release, I think the bike will be included, but everything else will be exclusive to this edition. I can see him being released as part of a second retro wave - mirroring the old Kenner version - as he was teased on the back of the last wave. The limited paint applications even match.

If he pops up in a 2-pack... I'm struggling to think of an Arnie variant I could possibly want after so many have come and gone. Sarah in white would be a nice surprise. I no longer anticipate any nice surprises though.

I thought Hawkins last year was a SDCC exclusive because of the Shane Black rights they had to get, I thought it was akin to the TMNT sets (at the time) where they could only release him as an exclusive, I was wondering the same about this. Randy had said a few times that figures of kids wouldn't sell, so it makes sense to me that it's an exclusive, especially with the bike. Maybe they'll do a John and T-800 2 pack or something in the future for retail.

I just picked up SDCC Newt Exclusive from Amazon a few weeks back. All and all exciting but I feel myself phasing out of NECA. Mainly due to price, hit and miss paint apps and Ultimate Packaging, as I am a MOC Neca collector and I love Clamshell (hate the flap). I’m getting to old (40’s) to have little plastic figurines displayed in my room.

Hold on a second, he has the tiger stripe camo in this shot

SDCC-2019-T2-John-Connor-Set-005.jpg

So wtf. Which are we getting? Sorry - what are the elite few getting?

You're right. Sigh. Plain green shirt it is.

Pros

-Finally, a figure of child John Connor to finish the main cast of T2
-comes with his dirtbike
-nicely articulated with well-hidden joints
-Battle Across Time head wouldn't have been the first thing I'd think of as an alternate head but nice to get
-the other accessories that are there are nice
-backpack is removable

Cons

-suddenly announced as a ****ing SDCC exclusive after most of us becoming convinced it was getting wide release
-may or may not see future rerelease in some form, who ****ing knows.
-no Public Enemies logo (but we already knew this would be the case)
-now seemingly no camo pattern on the shirt despite it being on the prototype
-no alternate hands such as thumbs up or high five
-a smirking head and/or sweaty-haired Steel Mill head would have been my first choices as alternate heads

I just don’t see them going through all the trouble of tooling that all new bike only for it to be exclusive to one show. That seems insane to me. That’s a lot of money for something to only get one use.

Bet anything the “exclusive” are the accessories. That box looks like a straight up Ultimate figure.

SDCC exclusive? :pfft: this Neca

This might beat the record for preorder sell out next to last years movie Turtles and this year’s Villains set :thud:

The people complaining about the price have no idea how the toy business works. This is a niche figure set with a limited run.

After the initial shock, my anger toned down and I looked a little closer at their "high rez" images. In all honesty I don't even like it that much so I don't really give a **** anymore. I estimate around 5 more figures that I might still be interested in the near future from Neca, depending on how they'll turn out and then I'm out. Let this **** play by his own stupid rules.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

When did John wear a bandana? Deleted scene?

At least we got John’s “ Easy Money “ gadget :clap

It's called Terminator 2-3D:Battle Across Time. It's amazing. I've probably seen it nearly 50 times at the one here in Orlando. It is and probably will always be my favorite show/attraction, I was sad to see it go. Cool to see that NECA included that head as an accessory.

T2-3D-BAT-940x450.jpg

It's called Terminator 2-3D:Battle Across Time. It's amazing. I've probably seen it nearly 50 times at the one here in Orlando. It is and probably will always be my favorite show/attraction, I was sad to see it go. Cool to see that NECA included that head as an accessory.

T2-3D-BAT-940x450.jpg

Ahh..I see, that explains the camo jacket from the plain green one in the film

So it’s like BTTF the Ride and Star Tours?

I don't think it was replaced by bayformers, at least not the one here in FL. It would be cool as an extra on a blu Ray. Not sure how'd hey do the live action parts though. :lol

Back