Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA T-1000

Exactamundo! The new alternate head will actually have me buying one more figure than I had planned and I had already planned many...worked it out on a piece of paper...must find that.

The Arnold figure on the right, it's obvious they're going for the same pose as the McFarlane figure but if that's the best you can get out of him then i'm not buying it. His right arm doesn't go far back enough. It looks stupid. What's the point? His arm needs to go all the way back to achieve the best pose.

The other figure, on the left, I don't see the point of.

Yeah I concur. The McFarlane figure is (thankfully) not made obsolete by this release as it works better for that particular pose. However, for the people who weren't bothered customising this look (the phase 1 BD head and both arms intact) its a useful figure.

The Battle across Time figure...meh. I'll get one just because but I'd rather have gotten another T-1000.

Where'd those new pics come from? Not from the official site anyway. Can't wait to see some gun-firing poses and VS T-800 pics.

Re: 【NECA T2 2nd wave in store pics】

When the Hot Toys Arnie in the Stores we will see Comparisons .

The Neca Arnie have a smaller, longer Face than the Hot Toys.
Neca is to small, Hot Toys to wide.
20% wider Face by the Neca and this Point are perfect.

Both Sculpts are very good, but I think the Neca Sculpt is a bit to hard. The likeness could be better and more Details were beautiful(regardless of the Hot Toys Sculpt).

All in all I find the Hot Toys Arnold looks not so lifeless( better Paintjob, Finish and fine Details on the Sculpt).

I Hope in the Future Tankman make some little Details on his good Sculpt and than is the Sculpt better than Hot Toys.
Tankman is a Artist, but his artwork(Arnold Sculpt) is not finished.

I think the Neca have a Likeness of 75% and the Hot Toys of 85%, when Tankman make little Details on a zoomed 18" Sculpt the Likeness is 95%.

A bigger Sculpt can show more Details than a 12" Sculpt, this is a chance to make the best likeness Arnold Figure ever.

What you think about my Idea of cool 1:6 Neca Busts with iconic Poses (for Years Sideshow makes cool T2 Bust, the Neca Sculpts are better than this Sculpts)?

Busts have never been my thing so I can't really comment there. If I understood how people get enjoyment from them...well obviously I'd probably be buying them myself and I'd be fully behind the idea for Terminator busts by NECA.

I've always preferred poseable/semi-poseable full-body figures. With busts and statues there really is nothing to do with them but look at them and de-dust them - clearly thats enough for some people but I don't quite get it.

If I have one criticism of the T-1000 its this - I think..think.. his nose might be too long. A bit too much distance between his eyes and his mouth and the forehead a bit too tall - the opposite of what I perceive to be the problem with the HT T-800. Thankfully in both instances it does not ruin the likeness even if it is the case.

awsome! new pics! im kinda dissapointed with the "spare" head, the semi splitting one. i would have prefered the donut hole head. i cant see much use for the semi splitting head.

it'll be awsome though putting the normal T1000 head on the crowbar arms body, like when hes on the car smashing or opening the elevator. i am hopeing we get more news on that all-metallic liquid metal silver variant. and the final battle T-800 with gun and bazooka is a must as well, even if its just for the fact it has a working right arm.

If I have one criticism of the T-1000 its this - I think..think.. his nose might be too long. A bit too much distance between his eyes and his mouth and the forehead a bit too tall - the opposite of what I perceive to be the problem with the HT T-800. Thankfully in both instances it does not ruin the likeness even if it is the case.

I'd agree and maybe even go so far as to say the whole head seems a bit too streteched out.

00023202.jpg

IMG_7805.JPG

The likeness and emotion are there though, so you can look past it being a bit off because it represents the character well and if not perfectly, captures Patrick's likeness.

And considering that photo's head is at least 10 times the size the head will end up also helps. The smaller the item, the more forgiving a likeness can be.

Yup, for a 7 inch figure, it's more about overall pose and presence, a nice portrait helps but at most viewing distances you'd be hard pressed to spot how close the likeness is or isn't. That said, I still probably wouldn't buy figure without it. If they did say a generic portrait Hicks from ALIENS, maybe from a distance you wouldn't know it's not Biehn, but part of why I'm into the character is how he played it so not looking like him at all takes some fun out of it. Which is why, this NECA T-1000 being close enough works, it looks like Robert to me, so I feel I'm buying a faithful figure, but most of the time I see it, I won't be able to tell how off it is.

The 7" figure might have it more squashed down as a bi-product of the overall shrinking. I don't know, maybe I'm talking out of my a$$ but doesn't that happen?

Didn't you also say Maulfan that you suspect the 12" Pescadero T-800 is a little more 'elongated' than the 7" version relatively speaking?

If so this could have a beneficial effect on the likeness of the 7" T-1000 figure...then it'd just be the paint you'd have to worry about.

Didn't you also say Maulfan that you suspect the 12" Pescadero T-800 is a little more 'elongated' than the 7" version relatively speaking?

Yes, I find the 12" version somehow seems thinner and elongated all around compared to the 7" version, could be real or could just be illusion, but whatever, the reason, it's how it looks. I wish the 12" looked to me like the 7" does because I really dig the 7" build.

I'd rather see NECA make Sarah and John Connor figures and expand on their T-1000 figures more than making busts. The Sideshow's of the world can turn out busts and do, but NECA's a lone source for these figures and there's more figures I'd like to see from them.

Yup, for a 7 inch figure, it's more about overall pose and presence, a nice portrait helps but at most viewing distances you'd be hard pressed to spot how close the likeness is or isn't. That said, I still probably wouldn't buy figure without it. If they did say a generic portrait Hicks from ALIENS, maybe from a distance you wouldn't know it's not Biehn, but part of why I'm into the character is how he played it so not looking like him at all takes some fun out of it. Which is why, this NECA T-1000 being close enough works, it looks like Robert to me, so I feel I'm buying a faithful figure, but most of the time I see it, I won't be able to tell how off it is.

100% agree.

As long as this feels and looks like the T-1000 and not just a cop figure then they succeeded. Without the silver attachments of any kind, that is what it would be. But I think most people could recognize this as the T-1000 even without an Arnold figure next to him.

I won't accept anything but a perfect likeness on the split head though! :tap

:lol

Split head will be one of the few figures ever made where if the eyes aren't painted looking in the same direction, could actually look really cool :lol I think it would be neat to not only have the head damaged with the split, but also the functions of each side out of sync.

awsome! new pics! im kinda dissapointed with the "spare" head, the semi splitting one. i would have prefered the donut hole head. i cant see much use for the semi splitting head.

it'll be awsome though putting the normal T1000 head on the crowbar arms body, like when hes on the car smashing or opening the elevator. i am hopeing we get more news on that all-metallic liquid metal silver variant. and the final battle T-800 with gun and bazooka is a must as well, even if its just for the fact it has a working right arm.

While I'd love them to redo the donut head and improve on the McFarlane one I prefer that they've chosen a previously unproduced one instead - especially if they won't be making any more as may well be the case. Tankman said he wants to move on from T2.
As I said before though its definitely not a head variant I would have thought of - an 'inbetween' healing phase. It looks well executed though, I like that they've got his eyes looking to one side like in the film. Little things like that are really making me enjoy these figures.

I'm planning to create:

- BD torsos with normal head and normal arms (for mall and Pescadero scene where hes been shot)
- BD torso with split head and hook arm, (for Stan Winston magic)
- BD torso with healing head and hook arms, (for CGI part of scene)
- BD torso with normal head and hook arms (reopening the elevator door)
- various non-BD figures for different scenes and poses.

Thats at least 5 purchases of the BD figure and includes 2 purchases of the non-bd figure for cross customising purposes, added to the non-customised clean figures.

That would make for an interesting PERS head for HT to do. But I guess it would just be ERS then :lol

Good way to make use of PERS T-1000 head if they ever did it and it broke, get some mileage out of it, cut it down the middle, heat it up to warp it a bit, glue the pieces together and fill in the silver areas and paint it up, walla.

Back