Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 【NECA T2 2nd wave in store pics】

I hope than Neca make in the Future a T1 Line.
And I hopes also than Tankman make a 18" Arnold with a little better Headsculpt, like the Hot Toys Arnold.

I hope than Neca make in the Future a T1 Line.
And I hopes also than Tankman make a 18" Arnold with a little better Headsculpt, like the Hot Toys Arnold.

Tankman's work on T2 Arnie is done with nothing further to prove if you ask me. The finish and paintjob is the only area where it falls short of Hot Toys.

The Face is to small, the Haires to dark(a HT Problem also), the Nose to big(a little,little bit),the crincles left and right on the mouth to big, the Eyes and eares(earlaps) not so accurate .
Tankman maka a great Job, but this little Details make a better Sculpt.
When Neca make a 18" Verson, Tankman can make this little Details for the bigger 18" Headsculpt(not a all new Headsculpt).

And the Problem is the Paintjob by the final Product. You are right in this Point.

Well I think the HotToys face is too small...never thought that about the NECA one though.

Sometimes I think maybe the jaw is a little too strong, sometimes light catches it in a way that makes him look like he's pulling a face - a concentration face like he has when firing a gun - but this may have been kind of deliberately done.

Other than that, and of course bad paintjobs meaning that the eyes are a little cartoony, I think what we have is great.

For an 18" I'd say the ship has sailed on the T2 T-800. I don't think it will happen at this point.

The Neca Facesculpt is smaller as the Hot Toys.
The Jaw, as you say, is to strong and the cheeks to small.
The Folds in the Face are to deep, Arnold looks to old .
The Eyes are cartoony, you'r right.
The Neca Sculpt looks a little bit strong and lifeless.
The final Figure(12" Pescadero Escape) looks a little like Clint Eastwood.

I hope Neca make a 18" T-800 Arnold, he makes an 18" Endo and much more Figures in this Size, Neca was stupid when not make a 18" Version.

When the Hot Toys Arnold in the Stores, Tankman can begin to zoom the 12" Sculpt to an 18" Sculpt an make new Details in this Sculpt(Arelaps, Nose, Haires,Folds,Cheeks).
The Neca Sculpt is nice, but HT is a little better.

Neca can take this updated 18" Facesculpt to make a 1:6 Bust Line.
Neca makes some Busts in the Past.

A new T2 Resin Bust Line with iconic Poses and better Paintjob and finish than the regular Actionfigures was cool.
Neca have the T2 Licence and he must try to make money as much as possible.

Last edited:

Not a Terminator but this is a great Arnie figure

zzzIMG_15644.jpg

zzzIMG_15641.jpg

zzzIMG_15642.jpg

zzzIMG_15643.jpg

i would love a conan figure as well but i cant because i REALLY hate that its just a statue in plastic form. i dont like the fact that the conan figures have 0% articulation and are basically just statues.

i would love a conan figure as well but i cant because i REALLY hate that its just a statue in plastic form. i dont like the fact that the conan figures have 0% articulation and are basically just statues.

Then, You means something like this :D

Finished my last adjustaments

4450823894_8967fbeaf1_o.jpg

The Neca Facesculpt is smaller as the Hot Toys.

I seem to like the NECA sculpt a lot better than you do but as regards the Hot Toys and how they compare...we won't be able to say for sure until we have the Hot Toys beside our NECA. To me, it looks like NECA has a longer face - which, if I'm right, would be more accurate.

Look at the Hot Toys figure in one of the banners at the top of a page on this very website. Its this picture I think:

20091225_a8351bd28668ceb0854eSVFgg1.jpg

^The sunglasses make the features below look too close together....and yet the sunglasses still look too small and the wrong shape. But if they were any bigger and more accurately shaped the whole face would disappear underneath them. I suspect Hot Toys had to make the sunglasses a little innaccurate in order to ensure that they didn't look stupidly oversized on the headsculpt they had...because that was easier than redoing the entire head to look right with accurate sunglasses. That sounds like I really don't like the Hot Toys headsculpt but no, I definitely do like it, I just think the dimensions could be better.

The NECA face, proportionally, looks more accurate than Hot Toys to this picture IMO - the length of the NECA face seems better -

t2_mq_123.jpg

And the problem with the Hot Toys sunglasses as far as I can see is too much of a slant (\ /) at the outermost rims.

Yeah, I won't try to argue with that. You really can't do much with this figure beyond moving his head. :lol But if you're an admirer of sculpt its a hard one to pass on. The pose, fixed though it is, is one you probably couldn't achieve even on a superarticulated figure and if you somehow managed it it'd be ruined aesthetically by all the joints. On that score its a WIN! The arms are fantastic and the likeness is pretty damn good. Also the paintjob on mine is excellent, not sure if thats a fluke or what.

if they could make a conan like they are doing with the terminator figures, meaning great sculpting with BJ head, shoulders and elbows, thats enough to me.

Re: NECA T-1000

we need sarah connor to go with all our neca terminator figures.

not sure why, just go on ebay and get the mcfarlane version. its perfectly in scale with the neca figures, and the sculpting is great. plus they made 3 different versions: cap, no cap, and long hair from the steel mill scenes. i have the long hair one. there is not much more they have to do with it except maybe some more articulation.

also, how long before we see the T1000's hit stores?

and i didnt hear anything about the donut-head T1000 being made. if so, great, if not, still have my mcfarlane version which isnt bad.

Yeah that'd be nice alright, not too intrusive all over the figure. They wouldn't be able to hide the joints quite as well as on the more heavily clothed Terminator figures though.

The McFarlane Sarah is alright but the very non-action pose annoys me since theres no scene from the film with that outfit - and in non-action mode - worth recreating with figures. I'd rather a wider leg stance for a shooting pose. And McFarlane never gave us her classic shotgun from the steel mill scenes.

The T-1000s are out in June I think we've heard.

Cool! I didn't think that would be the alternate head with the BD figure, wouldn't even have occurred to me for them to do that, but I like it. Top marks for me. Heres hoping for decent paintjobs.

Still can't get my head around those 2 new Arnold figures :lol well, maybe the one on the right I can, but the one on the left, well...

The T-100's look ace. Love them.

The Arnold figure on the right, it's obvious they're going for the same pose as the McFarlane figure but if that's the best you can get out of him then i'm not buying it. His right arm doesn't go far back enough. It looks stupid. What's the point? His arm needs to go all the way back to achieve the best pose.

The other figure, on the left, I don't see the point of.

See what happens, I might feel compelled to buy 3 BD figures and a spare clean one, put the clean head on one of the BD bodies to have an intact version with the hook arms, then two to use each stage of the smashed head, line them up right and you could actually display the transition from totally blown apart to reformed.

Back