Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap she?s huge brings back bad memories from my medic days ughh my back hurts just thinking about it.

He said she would crush her enemies lol

Yeah no kidding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think she was a Big Brother UK contestant in the early 2000s. Well, she got a career out of it. Any of her interviews I've seen the guests seem to have a blast.

Oh okay. Why lol. That ruins the experience for me.

After 3 prior crap sequels in succession, basic knowledge of the plot of Dark Fate and a trailer that was exhibiting almost all the undesirable characteristics of those previous films, I just didn't care anymore.

But if you've lasted this long unspoiled then yes, you might aswell try to stay that way till you see it.

a-dev:

If I were to write true, continuation sequel to T2, here would be my plot points. Tell me what you think.

1. Workers at the steel mill from the end of T2 return to work a few days later and find the T800’s broken off endo arm lying in the bottom of that giant rotating gear assembly. They give it to a local robotics company who accept it and are astounded by the advanced tech it represents.

2. Authorities investigate the escape of Sarah Connor from the mental institution. They review the security camera footage of the entire building and are bewildered by the images in the video cameras. They see the T-1000 come in as a police officer and watch as it melts to the floor only to re-emerge as the shape of the security guard who had a “full house.” They further watch as it walks completely through a jail cell door, having to readjust its hand to allow for the pistol to go between the cell door bars. They then see Dr. Silberman witness the two terminators shooting and running past him as he stands and watches in shock. Dr. Silberman then explains to authorities Sara Connor’s “story” of judgement day and the terminators. Authorities brief higher government officials and begin searching for Sarah and John.

3. John Connor finally meets his father, Kyle Reece. Only Kyle is still a child.

That all makes sense as what would transpire after (or actually some of it still during the events of) T2. There isn't necessarily a movie to be made around that however.

I also don't think the T-800's crushed hand that was left behind would really be of any use as far as Skynet and the machines still coming to be. It's just a robot hand. Stan Winston was able to make that. I don't think there's anything innately revolutionary about it that would 'take us in new directions, things we would have never....' as Dyson talked about. But he was referring to the chip, the CPU. That was now gone for sure.

But hey, maybe some of the T-1000 was still left around. He exploded from inside sending parts of him everywhere that never had a chance to re-merge with him. Sooo..I dunno :lol

Basically though there's the question even if you can make a Terminator 3 (and they obviously keep trying) should you? Some say they shouldn't have even made a T2, that the time paradox loop was already perfect and T2 just unnecessarily complicated it, perhaps even contradicted certain things in T1. Most of us who like T2 disregard such complaints because it was a good film and think it was worth it to see both a Terminator on its default programming doing what it was originally intended to do and one that had been reprogrammed to instead defend - and it was interesting to see what effect the different circumstances had on that machine.

A Terminator 3 though - particularly as they've been making them - can't seem to be anything but a rehash of the same stuff over again and what's the point to that. We've seen it.

So that's why I and so many others have always said, if you're gonna make another one it should be Terminator 2029 - a prequel to T1 and T2, a single film set in the future war that leads back into the classic films in a continual loop. With Terminator Salvation they tried to start a new trilogy and that was a huge mistake. Just one good film, one that doesn't **** around with the mythology, would be enough. Turn an existing classic duology into a classic trilogy.

Or make nothing at all because it's not explicitly necessary.

Last edited:
That all makes sense as what would transpire after (or actually some of it still during the events of) T2. There isn't necessarily a movie to be made around that however.

I also don't think the T-800's crushed hand that was left behind would really be of any use as far as Skynet and the machines still coming to be. It's just a robot hand. Stan Winston was able to make that. I don't think there's anything innately revolutionary about it that would 'take us in new directions, things we would have never....' as Dyson talked about. But he was referring to the chip, the CPU. That was now gone for sure.

But hey, maybe some of the T-1000 was still left around. He exploded from inside sending parts of him everywhere that never had a chance to re-merge with him. Sooo..I dunno :lol

Basically though there's the question even if you can make a Terminator 3 (and they obviously keep trying) should you? Some say they shouldn't have even made a T2, that the time paradox loop was already perfect and T2 just unnecessarily complicated it, perhaps even contradicted certain things in T1. Most of us who like T2 disregard such complaints because it was a good film and think it was worth it to see both a Terminator on its default programming doing what it was originally intended to do and one that had been reprogrammed to instead defend - and it was interesting to see what effect the different circumstances had on that machine.

A Terminator 3 though - particularly as they've been making them - can't seem to be anything but a rehash of the same stuff over again and what's the point to that. We've seen it.

So that's why I and so many others have always said, if you're gonna make another one it should be Terminator 2029 - a prequel to T1 and T2, a single film set in the future war that leads back into the classic films in a continual loop. With Terminator Salvation they tried to start a new trilogy and that was a huge mistake. Just one good film, one that doesn't **** around with the mythology, would be enough. Turn an existing classic duology into a classic trilogy.

Or make nothing at all because it's not explicitly necessary.

Exactly dude! Close the loop with T-3 ending with Kyle and the T-800 landing in LA 1984 :D

I really liked Dark Fate and I'm surprised that NECA is practically the only company making anything for it. Where are the Hot Toys and the Sideshow? I'm a fan of Carl and I've got nothing to show for it!

I was actually surprised NECA took it on. Their Genisys figures didn't seem to sell well at all.

There were whispers that Hot Toys have the license but perhaps they've finally learned not to formally announce as much until they gauge the reaction to the film. Unless they did announce it and I've just forgotten.

I had some great luck today, I found a loose maisto fat boy at the flea market this morning. The good news it was only $5, the bad news is that it was filthy.
It looked like it had spent years in someones garage or attic. It's also missing the turn signal lenses on the handlebars, but thankfully I don't need them and I will cut the turn signals off. Right now I've taken as much of the bike apart as I possibly can so I can clean the thing.

Only other issue is some of the chrome is damaged in a few places. I'm guessing that one of those molotow pens will work to fix that. Any advice for using those? I've never used one before, I have to get one at hobby lobby next time I'm there.

Can someone confirm what kind of T-800 they've been finding at Walmart? I'd like to get a spare for some custom painting, but don't want to alter my originals.

Can someone confirm what kind of T-800 they've been finding at Walmart? I'd like to get a spare for some custom painting, but don't want to alter my originals.

I saw the T2 T-800 last week at my Walmart, they only had one. I didn't look at it too closely, but it did looked improved compared to the original ultimate release that I have already.

That's fair for shipping from the U.S.

Oh just got back from seeing Terminator: Dark Fate. Ummmm, was not memorable at all apart from the big ****** you in the beginning, was like a marvel movie and the music sounded like marvel/captain america mixed with some of the classic terminator themes. I think they should of just got Brad Fiedel back seeing as he made a great memorable score on T1 & T2. Arnold's T-800 is cucked, actually made me laugh. The Rev-9 was jumping around like spiderman it made me cringe. Seems like they just wanted to go big and over the top with everything.

I walked out as soon as the credits rolled. The Terminator we all love and know is no more. I don't think there will be any T-800 Endo's anymore, no Skynet, and no rag tag resistance like we all know from Kyle Reese's future. The so called 'Resistance' in TDF were travelling in daylight and looked well equipped. Armour , drop ship , places to do surgery to enhance soldiers like grace etc. The 'terminators' in this future were like endo/liquid looking Doc Octopus's from spiderman, very marvel like. Oh I loved Arnold and Linda, they did the best with what they had to work with. Mckenzie Davis looked OK in some of the action scenes but not a fan of the Danny Ramos character at all, I just couldn't stop thinking of John Connor.......

I don't think this post is a spoiler. They have shown sooo much in all the trailers. This is just my opinion after seeing it in the UK at 5pm today.

I'd still go see it after reading this as we all will have our own thoughts and opinions on it. This could have been a spin off without Linda and Arnie. Would of been cool if the ending had Sarah and john saving the day (Maybe with another T-800 they had captured or something) I'd be invested in a sequel then but unfortunately I am not invested in this new films direction at all.

Anyway the Arnie and Linda NECA figures have some awesome weapons with them. Hopefully the T800 figure has the same style of head fixture that the T1+T2 figures have as will have some fun customizing the different heads and weapons :D

That it! Its the end of the terminator for me!

Saw the film, and boy was I disappointed! Ok NO spoliers, but this film sucks. The last one was worse, but this one is shockingly bad too. Good action, but that's it. Story is lame, stupid. The terminator worked because it was a none stoppable killing machine, and was awesome seeing Arnold keep getting up, after he'd been knocked down. T2 was good too, different direction but it worked and seeing Arnold in black leather. DF, kills all that. Also they never really thought of merchindising with this film. Theres nothing really to collect, apart from rev 9. Of course Sarah in her outfit and Arnold in some boring outfit.

I saw the T2 T-800 last week at my Walmart, they only had one. I didn't look at it too closely, but it did looked improved compared to the original ultimate release that I have already.

What isle would those be in? The regular toy isle or the "collectible" isle next to the funko pops?

Much better with the chroming and improved blood paint.

I wanted them to release the other ones in 12'' - Cyberdyne, Man or Machine and semi-BD Steel Mill - but the ones they put out must not have sold very well. I think they abandoned 12'' altogether after those.

Back