Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA T2 T-800 Pescadero Escape review

Why Neca didnt make 18 inches of the best figures like Conan , Ash and Terminator ?
That annoys me !
Only as example : Neca published four 18 inch Jack Sparrow figures and three Jason Vorhees figures and of a masterpiece like Terminator we get only a small 12 inch figure ?!!?

Re: NECA T2 in store pics

OK...so I had a little TOO much fun with this figure. But it's proof that the articulation isn't as limited as it seems. You just need a little imagination...

:lol

T800_originalbadass.jpg

T800_allthatjazz.jpg

T800_theCeline.jpg

T800_thefonz.jpg

Well, I'm very pleased with these figures, looked great in the store, just not accepting flaws that are visible right in the packaged, I'll hold out for one that looks good, nice knowing it'll be worth the victory of scoring it when I finally do.

Oh for all the disappointment I may have in the production versions of these figures after the fantastic prototypes I remain thrilled with the articulation. Its really as much as I would want on a figure in this scale. I think leg articulation would have cheapened the appearance of these figures - made them very toylike with visible joints and gaps in the hips and knees. I don't need Arnie doing roundhouse kicks.

woo hoo his arms move

Yeah and with that you can get a very broad spectrum of poses out of it.

Guess the glass is half empty where you are... :rolleyes:

And just for the record, I would've preferred more articulation too. I'm not a big fan of the statuesque legs either, but make some lemonade out of those damn lemons!!! :banana

I guess I'm used to NECA/McFarlane and the permanent sculpt legs, actually NECA is more articulated overall than McFarlane. And I believe the Pescadero proto didn't even show signs of articulation at the elbows, so I found that to be a nice surprise in production.

the 'man or machine' figure is actually my favorite. i had no desire to pick it up until i saw it in the store.

013-4.jpg

What happened to the sculpted fleshy bits on the exposed endo arm as we saw in the protos?? :confused:

I'm surprised anyone is saying MoM is their favourite - it really took a dive in quality. The face paint apps are brutal - no better than a Hasbro 3 3/4" Star wars figure. The Endo arm is now saturated in spotted blood which it was not in the film nor on the 2up figure, the sculpted fleshy bits are gone, and it just looks decidedly undetailed compared to the proto. Observe..

IMG_3011.JPG

Thats what I wanted.

Last edited:

I'm sure the glasses will be a separate piece on the 12" figure.

I dunno man the paint looks a bit messy to me. And the sculpting seam dividing the head in half is too visible for my liking. Then theres the way the sunglasses are sculpted onto the head and painted flesh tones-

IMG_5656.jpg

nasty. Good likeness with the sunglasses though. And the body sculpt is unbeaten in any scale.

It's not anywhere near as noticable in person. This is a great figure for the size and for around a $15 price range (give or take a few dollars) it really can't be beat imo. Great review btw Poe. I agree 100% with it.

The paint on the face is messy. Fact. ]

Sculpt is nice though.

Imho the paint on the Termies are actually better than most of Neca's other figure lines. Most of their stuff is either hit or miss in the paint department (RE5 figures for example) but from all the Terminator figures I've seen the paint apps appear pretty good.

For me, it's the only one I'll be getting at the moment. I cant wait to see the Battle Damaged version though.

Here's my two figures...

termi1.gif

termi2.gif

With Neca's head on McFarlanes MM4 T-800 body...

termi3.gif

And size compared to McFarlanes T3 T-850 figure. As you can see, scale wise they fit in perfect with all McFarlanes figures.

termi4.gif

Back