Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA Terminator 2 figures

There was the horizon model kit, and that seemed to get turned into a very cheap looking figure. McFarlane were going to do one until likeness rights put the stop to it
Terminator01.jpg

(it is inaccurate though as it has both arms)

This is what McFarlane's swapable head T-800 was going to be
mcfarlane-t800-a3.jpg

Guy who runs this site is a friend of mine, scanned these from a really old Forbidden Planet catalogue so forgive the quality

how did neca get the licensing rights?

Probably bought them. I've heard stories of McFarlane putting things out back in the day without getting licensing rights, so could be part of their T2 issues. NECA seems to secure full rights to their stuff so there's no issues.

Figures.com says he WILL have a swappable more damaged head.

:joy

I really hope we see the T-1000.

Though it would make more sense if they came out along side Arnold.

Oh...my....>>>>ing....god! Apologies for the blasphemy but I do believe NECA have fulfilled my topmost 'wish someone would make' grails with these things. I will definitely, guaranteed, without doubt buy every single one of these in any scale. Those are AWESOME sculpts! And almost every variation of the T-800 terminator from T2 that I've wanted for years and years! Only 2 possible variations seem to be missing - the post-SWAT attack version and the full battle-damage version from the end of T2.

McFarlane have been well and truly trashed by NECA. They didn't milk any of the great licenses they had nearly as much as they should have. 4 figures from T2...one robocop figure!

I checked this yesterday, it is accurate, the chest was torn away after the swat team fight. The arms ripped off in the gear. So this is from in between the gear scene and getting his face mashed with the I-Beam

4jvvxl.jpg

You're right its based on the part where he cuts the T-1000 in half with a pipe - his arm was off but his face still only had the SWAT battledamage.

I just can't believe its taken as long as it has for some company to make all these.

-just read the link from a few pages back which states that this version will come with an extra head - the complete battledamaged head. >>>>ing awesome!!

Last edited:

Sculptwise they got everything dead-on IMO. His build, the sit of the clothes and for the first time his hair is right. McFarlane made his hair too short on top, Sideshow cut it in too tight on his neck at the back, but NECA appear to have got it exactly like arnies hair was in T2. I don't think I can praise these enough.

+1 about hair.
They are exactly as they was in the movie.

Sculpt is a little off if we talk about dead-on Arnold likeness, but it's a pretty good representation of the character.
If you know what I mean.

Like right there....looks like Kurt Russel....IMO.

The other pics are good...so it must be one of those one angle is good, and the rest are bad.

IMG_3012.JPG

Am I the only one who thinks the sculpt looks off?

It's not really off... just the stern look is a bit too overly done... maybe a repaint might help ... or just a light sanding of the facial muscles before repaint would help...

The more I look at this set the more I want it!!

I agree, its the stern look - hes a bit too squinty-eyed and I can see where Celtic sees Kurt Russell. Kind of like his Stargate look. However I think it looks more Arnold than kurt, and added to the rest of the sculpt which is as close to perfect as any I've seen, these will be the best fully sculpted terminator figures we've ever seen.

I agree, its the stern look - hes a bit too squinty-eyed and I can see where Celtic sees Kurt Russell. Kind of like his Stargate look. However I think it looks more Arnold than kurt, and added to the rest of the sculpt which is as close to perfect as any I've seen, these will be the best fully sculpted terminator figures we've ever seen.

dito! the overall look is just perfect... form stance body shape etc... anyone know whens the set coming out!?

Back